Who's Going? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #31
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

I'm going of course. There has yet to be a year of my life I haven't.
Definitely the first Tuesday & Wednesday, and most likely Labor Day weekend as well.
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #32
country flag Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going
1st Friday (AA day session), 2nd Monday (Ground pass), 2nd Wednesday (AA night session)
Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #33
country flag Pirate

Pirate is on a distinguished road

OK.. Can I get some advice from the people in the know??

I want to attend the US OPen Mens final..I want to see Roger make history (if he hasn't already at Wimbledon.) The listed date on any ticket site is Sunday 13th, but.. not one site actaully mentions the mens final per se.. they only list tickets for the morning or tickets for the evening. BOTH are in the main arena.

My question is..In order to see the men's singles title..do I buy tickets for the morning match(s) or the evening? I would assume the morning, correctamundo? I'd hate to pay $600 a ticket and then see nothing but a doubles final. Feel me?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Pirate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #34
country flag Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond reputeHotzenplotz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
OK.. Can I get some advice from the people in the know??

I want to attend the US OPen Mens final..I want to see Roger make history (if he hasn't already at Wimbledon.) The listed date on any ticket site is Sunday 13th, but.. not one site actaully mentions the mens final per se.. they only list tickets for the morning or tickets for the evening. BOTH are in the main arena.

My question is..In order to see the men's singles title..do I buy tickets for the morning match(s) or the evening? I would assume the morning, correctamundo? I'd hate to pay $600 a ticket and then see nothing but a doubles final. Feel me?

Any advice would be appreciated.
There's only one session on Sunday 13, it's the final.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #35
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The listed date on any ticket site is Sunday 13th, but.. not one site actaully mentions the mens final per se.. they only list tickets for the morning or tickets for the evening. BOTH are in the main arena.

My question is..In order to see the men's singles title..do I buy tickets for the morning match(s) or the evening? I would assume the morning, correctamundo? I'd hate to pay $600 a ticket and then see nothing but a doubles final.
There's only one session on the final Sunday.

http://www.usopen.org/2009_Schedule/Default.aspx

You can either buy a ticket for Ashe & see the women's doubles final/men's singles final or buy a grounds pass & watch matches on the outer courts (juniors, seniors, wheelchair finals) & see the Ashe matches on the big screen television.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
country flag Pirate

DOH!.. I see now.. I was thrown by the text at the bottom of every page that says..

*Gates open for day session at 10am
*Gates open for night session at 6PM

This applies to every day EXCEPT the final... Thx for tolerating my ignorance..

Last question.. should I come to my senses and decide it's NOT worth $600 a ticket to get a seat kinda close.. are the nosebleed seats worth having? Are they better than seeing it on a good wide screen TV?? Opinions?
Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 AM   #37
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there on opening day.

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #38
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DOH!.. I see now.. I was thrown by the text at the bottom of every page that says..

*Gates open for day session at 10am
*Gates open for night session at 6PM

This applies to every day EXCEPT the final... Thx for tolerating my ignorance..

Last question.. should I come to my senses and decide it's NOT worth $600 a ticket to get a seat kinda close.. are the nosebleed seats worth having? Are they better than seeing it on a good wide screen TV?? Opinions?
Um the nosebleed seats are not really worth having, in my opinion I mean, it's nice once to experience Ashe, and then you realize that Ashe kind of sucks

It would have to be a player I really really really liked for me to sit through a match in the cheap seats in Ashe. You feel like you're watching ants play tennis.

Grounds passes = you can see fantastic matches on Armstrong with a fantastic view, better than the blowouts on Ashe the first few days too.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #39
country flag VerdASSco

VerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond reputeVerdASSco has a reputation beyond repute

So are there grounds passes available on the day for the first four days? If yes, when do you have to get in the queue? Thanksssssss.
VerdASSco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #40
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdASSco View Post
So are there grounds passes available on the day for the first four days? If yes, when do you have to get in the queue? Thanksssssss.
ticket windows open at 9:00 so one hour before is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrian View Post
dont you people love my +375 dogs???
2010 MTF MISS Nole fan
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #41
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond repute

It will be my first time going to the Open this year I'll be there for the first 3 or 4 days.

I did buy a ticket on Ashe for Monday night using my AMEX during the pre-sale....but still, i'm pretty up high. I really wanted to at least get into Ashe but I doubt I'll stay for an entire match. I much prefer the closer action of other courts.

Can't wait !

Restrictions on what can be brought inside the park are pretty harsh. No bagpacks, only small bags...What if I'm staying all day and want to bring a jacket for the evening ??? I have to tie it around my waist ??!?
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #42
country flag Pirate

Default US Open Mens Final Sold Out: Ticket Wanted!

Well.. Procrastination...thy name is Jerry..

I mucked around and didn't attempt to buy tickets to the US Open Mens Final (Sept 13th) until today.. July 31st.. Ticketmaster just informed me that the final is completely sold out. All tickets no matter what price are gone.. Geez.. However...He said NOT to lose all hope as now and then the venue will release a block of seats here and there as the event draws near...

So... I'm here putting my name up on the "Mongo want" list for anyone who has (1) GOOD seat for the mens final and for whatever reason can't attend ...

I was told by the ticketmaster person that the best seats.. (see chart below) Courtside and the Suites run from $125-$800..I am fine with those prices as long as I still haver time to book a flight for the event.

I am looking for (1) Courtside seat or (1) seat in the Suites section. I am NOT interested in a seat higher up than these sections.

If anyone has a ticket or knows of someone who would be willing to part with (1) ticket to the Mens Final at venue pricing.. I'm interested.. 828.628.7093 EST or 615-300-8012 or pirate@acelink.net

Lastly... I am NOT gonna pay a scalper over face value for any ticket . I don't roll that way.. Saavy? TIA .. Hope to see youz guyz there..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ArthurAshe1.JPG (44.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #43
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

How strict are they about the bags only being allowed to have one compartment, does this also count for purse/handbags.
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #44
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

i wish i lived in america for the US OPEN would be off the hook to watch
Heners is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond reputeTennisfan-Mtl has a reputation beyond repute

I was asking myself the same thing. Seems pretty strict to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
How strict are they about the bags only being allowed to have one compartment, does this also count for purse/handbags.
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote