Who's Going? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
country flag BrutalLogiC

BrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond reputeBrutalLogiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help would be appreciated??

It says on the website August 31 - September 13
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/index.html
BrutalLogiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #17
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

Me

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
country flag asuwrestler

asuwrestler is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice on US Open???

So I am going to the Open from sep 3-8, I have never been but someone told that you can buy tickets and go to any court you want is that true? For all of you that have gone what is the best way to do the open, is there any thing special I should know before going...I appreciate all your help!!!
asuwrestler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #19
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice on US Open???

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuwrestler View Post
So I am going to the Open from sep 3-8, I have never been but someone told that you can buy tickets and go to any court you want is that true? For all of you that have gone what is the best way to do the open, is there any thing special I should know before going...I appreciate all your help!!!
US open website has good desription on how the ticketing works.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/about/ti...?promo=leftnav

If you buy Day Ashe tickets, it is true you could watch any day matches at any courts. If you buy Ground or Armstrong reserves, you could watch any courts except Arthur Ashe court.

Night tickets are for Arthur Ashe Stadium only. You are allowed to get into the Ashe Stadium after day ticket holders leave the stadium.
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #20
country flag moonlightdance

moonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond repute

grounds passes give you access to pretty much everything but arthur ashe and the boxed/reserved sections of armstrong. everything else is first come, first serve. night sessions in ashe have a fun atmosphere so try make it to one of those. take public transportation. load up on free useless crap if you can. magnets, hats, sharpies, squeeze balls, whatever they have. it may not be great but it makes you feel a tiny bit better about paying $6 for a water bottle. if you can stand it, go see doubles on the small outer courts. you're really close & sometimes they'll hand you a ball if you've been cheering nicely (thanks, mahut). have fun. it's a good time.
moonlightdance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdance View Post
grounds passes give you access to pretty much everything but arthur ashe and the boxed/reserved sections of armstrong. everything else is first come, first serve. night sessions in ashe have a fun atmosphere so try make it to one of those. take public transportation. load up on free useless crap if you can. magnets, hats, sharpies, squeeze balls, whatever they have. it may not be great but it makes you feel a tiny bit better about paying $6 for a water bottle. if you can stand it, go see doubles on the small outer courts. you're really close & sometimes they'll hand you a ball if you've been cheering nicely (thanks, mahut). have fun. it's a good time.
Good Advice.

Actually, I could bring in a water bottle (Plastic, no glass allowed) and refill at water foountain. May be go early, door opens at 10:00 am?, and find practice courts. Definitely bring a cap, sun-block for day time. Print and bring a schedule with you so that you could plan ahead for which courts you would like to watch at what time. Have fun.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #22
country flag HattonWBA

HattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond reputeHattonWBA has a reputation beyond repute

Us Open website is where you wanna be m8

Kei Nishikori -- Martin Klizan -- Jo Wilfred Tsonga

David Ferrer
HattonWBA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
country flag NinaNina19

NinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond reputeNinaNina19 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to bring sunscreen. Every year I don't bring it and I get burnt (and I don't burn easily).
Old 02-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
country flag asuwrestler

asuwrestler is on a distinguished road

When is the best time to buy tickets can you buy tickets when you know who is playing or will they be all sold out by then when it come to getting those day tickets.
asuwrestler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #25
country flag Claudio

Claudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it´s possible to buy Ashe tickets onsite during the tournament. Also, does anyone know when will American Express cardholders be allowed to buying them?

I intend going to the Open during the 1st 3 days (mon-wed).

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, guys!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #26
country flag clever1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
I wonder if it´s possible to buy Ashe tickets onsite during the tournament. Also, does anyone know when will American Express cardholders be allowed to buying them?

I intend going to the Open during the 1st 3 days (mon-wed).

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, guys!
Ash Tickets for first fews days could be easier to get than later dates. Day-time tickets are sold out faster than night-time. We used to be able to buy tickets same day or the day before. But the last 2 years have been impossible to get tickets through Tix master. But I read that Tix master has been in trouble for bullying concert tickets recently. So I am hoping things would change for better.

I don't know about onsite purchasing. Someone I know did buy the final ticket same day 2008.

If I remember correctly, Amex card holders pre-sale happens first week of June.

Good luck.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #27
country flag Claudio

Claudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Tks, Clever.

Here´s hoping things do change. Being able to buy only upper promenade tkts is a true nightmare for a die-hard fan.

Pretty shocking vision when you´re watching a match on tv and there are lots of empty seats in the lower promenade and courtside seats.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:16 AM   #28
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seriously thinking about going this year, for the first 2-3 days.

So how much food can one bring into the site? I was thinking maybe a couple of pre-made sandwiches. Or am I allowed to leave the site and come back on the same day without having to buy the tickets again?
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #29
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I will go on that Labor Day weekend. Also, I get a Player Guest Pass!!!
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #30
country flag Pirate

Pirate is on a distinguished road
Question Arthur Ashe Stadium: Need Seating Advice

Newbie here!! Hello all...Any New Yawkers here? Would have actually used the search function if I could have found it.. and would have looked through past posts if this wasn't the slowest loading site I've seen in 8 years...( Is this normal??) so I'll just ask....

I am wanting to buy tickets to the US Open Final in Sept at the Arthur Ashe Stadium.. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Federer will be in it..

My question concerns seating... For the members here who have actually been to the Arthur Ashe Stadium.. where are the ideal seats? I was thinking BEHIND the player and up a few rows on one end.. kinda like the view we have on TV.. as tikets are a few hundred dollars each.. I'd like to get my money's worth...

Opinions? Advice? Nekid pics of Maria Sharapova? TIA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USOpenCourt.JPG (88.3 KB, 5 views)
Pirate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote