Thinking about a Alu BB rough hybrid, put it as main or cross? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
country flag startover

startover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thinking about a Alu BB rough hybrid, put it as main or cross?

I have been playing with the babolat pro hurricane full string for a while and suddendly want to try out a hybrid setup as it seems it's what all the cool dogs are doing these days. After some research I have pretty much decided on a combination of the Luxilon Alu Power Rough (for the big banger effect with added spin) and a Prince synthetic gut multifilament (to soften the stiff alu down a bit, without paying a natural gut price). I got an awsome deal on both strings from a local stringer. But I can't decide on whether to put the alu as main or as cross? It seems plenty of professional players use the alu string on crosses (such as Federer) and yet plenty of them do the opposite. Internet reviews/feedbacks from amature users reflect the same pattern. I'm a semi-hard hitter with a semi-western windshield wiper style on almost every stroke. I like to hit with spin while making the ball go as deep and as fast as possible. Of course I'd prefer not to hurt my arm/shoulder too much but that's not a very big concern. So can some string guru analyze the differences and cause-effects to help me make up my mind?
startover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking about a Alu BB rough hybrid, put it as main or cross?

the mains are the primary influence on what you get out of the stringbed. if you put BB on the mains that is the overriding influence and you get more control, whereas if you put the synthetic on the mains that becomes more prevalent and you get more power. and there are actually not many pros using BB on the crosses, almost all of them use it on the mains. and the only reasons amateurs use it on the crosses is because its well known that federer does. if he did it the traditional way, no one would be raving on about it
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote