new racquet - need advice ASAP - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
country flag ilendl

ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl ilendl
Smile new racquet - need advice ASAP

Hi guys,

I'm an intermediate player (at best) and want an opinion ASAP (the racquets I am interested in are on sale).

The choice I've got is:

Wilson K Factor K4 105 OR: Yonex RDX 120 G3.

I used to use a Yonex R22 back in the 1980s and liked its lightness (much preferred it to the R-27 - that may give you experts more of an idea about what would be good for me).

Thanks in advance for your help.
ilendl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new racquet - need advice ASAP

I know this is not one of your choices, but the Prince O3 series is amazing. What these racquets do is give you a 56% bigger sweetspot. There are also so many of these to choose from, with speedport and hybrid sub-series. You can choose from a racquet with plenty of power(O3 silver) or a racquet with control(O3 Tour, Davydenko and Ferrer) The circular holes in the side make swing speed faster and increases the sweetspot. The O3 Speedport series has square holes that affect the sweetspot too. The Bryans use the Speedport Black. Also, the O3 Hybrid series is very popular among pros. (I use the Ozone Seven Hybrid- Jankovic, Querrey and a lot more i cant think of) The Hybrids have holes on top and bottom, which makes the sweetspot bigger vertically on the racquets.

I can't imagine not having these racquets. They are great and you can easily find one thats right for you. 1600 is the biggest power level, then it goes down. Good luck in your search!

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilendl View Post
Hi guys,

I'm an intermediate player (at best) and want an opinion ASAP (the racquets I am interested in are on sale).

The choice I've got is:

Wilson K Factor K4 105 OR: Yonex RDX 120 G3.

I used to use a Yonex R22 back in the 1980s and liked its lightness (much preferred it to the R-27 - that may give you experts more of an idea about what would be good for me).

Thanks in advance for your help.
unfortunately i'm not that familiar with the older yonex models, though i thought the R22 was a pretty heavy racket, around 340g.

of the rackets you have narrower your choice down to, the yonex rdx 120 is slightly heavier, a smaller headsize and will most likely be a nicer playing racket. the wilson k4 105 is more powerful and more of a game improver racket. of the two my pick would be the yonex, but the smaller headsize may make it tougher for you to use
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
country flag ilendl

Guys, as you can see the Prince 03 has been recommended to me. Does anyone have a view on that?

And thanks again for your prompt replies.

Cheers.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilendl View Post
Guys, as you can see the Prince 03 has been recommended to me. Does anyone have a view on that?

And thanks again for your prompt replies.

Cheers.
that guy has been brainwashed. prince 03 rackets are horrible. if you liked the r22 then you would be much better off with the yonex you are looking at. though, if you do want to consider a prince, then it should be the ozone 7, which has the most similar specs to the rackets you were looking at.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
country flag ilendl

Thanks mate. I loved my R22 and should never have got rid of it. I replaced it with an R27 which I never really liked. Thanks again.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
country flag meihaditalab

meihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond reputemeihaditalab has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I'm new in the men's threads! and to tell you the truth I've been playing tennis for around 7 years and i really enjoyed playing with the Wilson k Factor K4 105. great racket!!
meihaditalab is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
country flag ilendl

meihaditalab: Thanks for the advice.