Christian Harrison - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #61
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christian Harrison

The match was almost totally on serve until the end of the second, but by that time I think they might have been getting fatigued, which has led to all these breaks. I mean the majority of the games have been long drawn out deuce games. Has to be just absolutely exhausting.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #62
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

I think he lost the tiebreak, was down a minibreak @4-5 when I turn away momentarily.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #63
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

He did yeah. Very tough loss but great effort. Fought back from a break down three times in the third set. He's progressing very well, especially considering the time he missed the first few months of this year.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #64
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Despite the loss, I am very pleased with the effort and his progress. I guess his next tournament would be USA F14 in June, back to hardcourt.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 05-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #65
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Interview with Christian Harrison (USA) May 20, 2012

From Tennisfutures.net

Texan Right hander Christian Harrison lost in the semis, but the young pro has a lot to look forward to. Christian is the younger brother of current professional Ryan Harrison.

RP: Your brother plays, your dad played, what’s it like coming from a tennis family?

CH: It’s great. They both help me out a lot. Having my brother on the main tour is a great way for me to watch and learn from his ups and downs.

RP: You came and lost last here in the first round so improvement is evident?

CH: Yea, my training is paying off and that’s what you want to see as a player. Reaching the semis feels awesome.

RP: What is your court preference?

CH: Once I get used to the clay and start sliding, I like the clay a lot. I think I have a game that can adapt to any surface.

RP: Name some of your key strengths?

CH: My stamina is strength. I make a lot of balls and keep the play going. I like to wear out my opponent and when I can use my forehand.

RP: What can you improve on?

CH: I just need to keep playing and work on the little things. I’m young so I want to get stronger and keep working hard.

RP: Other than tennis, what’s another hobby or interest?

CH: I like to play golf and hang out with friends when I can.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #66
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he'll got SE for next tourney?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #67
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
I believe he'll got SE for next tourney?
I don't think so since his next scheduled tournament is two weeks away. SE is only for those that cannot make it to qualie b/c they are still playing in the current tournament.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #68
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Christian withdrew from his next two events. Please tell me that it is not injury related .

Old 05-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #69
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

hope he's okay

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #70
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

On a brighter news, Christian finally cracks the top 800 coming in at 759 with no points to defend until October.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:40 AM   #71
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Happy 18th birthday!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #72
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Is it a coincident that the tournaments he withdrew from are during the time period in which Ryan decided to come home? What missed opportunities, the fields are so weak .

Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #73
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The maindraw for Indian Harbour is out: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw173.PDF

Christian will play Trombetta in the opening round.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #74
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

6-4 7-6(4)

Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #75
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

6-0 6-2 , will play Zavala in the quarterfinal.