Christian Harrison - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #166
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christian Harrison

36 36, good effort .

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #167
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad he doesn't have his brother's serve to help him get out of trouble.

Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg

Christian Harrison falls to Falla 6-3, 6-3. Lot of promising things in Harrison's game, but gap in experience was insurmountable.
Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg

Been said before, but it's eerie how much Christian Harrison (and his game) just look like a younger version of Ryan('s). #cincy12

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #168
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198943_10151019197854807_1729522455_n.jpg (167.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 400432_10151019197259807_236537448_n.jpg (156.7 KB, 3 views)

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #169
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

As I was looking through the past WJT winners, this caught my eyes. It is a shame that Christian was not able to finish his junior career the way he probably wanted. But I think the illness/injury that sidelined him for more than a year and a half will make him mentally stronger in the long run.

2008 World Junior Tennis
Final: USA defeated France 3-0, TK Prostejov, Prostejov, Czech Republic
Alexis Halebian (USA) defeated Mathias Bourgue (FRA) 63 62
Christan Harrison (USA) defeated Lucas Pouille (FRA) 62 64
Tyler Gardiner/Christian Harrison (USA) defeated Mathias Bourgue/Laurent Lokoli (FRA) 62 63

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #170
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed watching Christian yesterday
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #171
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

No reports .

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #172
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Climbing the Rankings, and Hoping to Follow in His Brother’s Footsteps

Climbing the Rankings, and Hoping to Follow in His Brother’s Footsteps

Quote:
MASON, Ohio — Though he is still a long distance from where he wants to be, Christian Harrison is moving quickly through the familiar footsteps that have gone before him.

Harrison, 18, sits at a career-high A.T.P. rank of No. 500. That’s more than 1,000 spots above where he was this time a year ago despite missing the first quarter of the year with a left wrist injury. He had his best result in late July when he made the semifinals of a $50,000 challenger event in Lexington, Ky., a run that boosted his ranking more than 100 spots.

While that rise is impressive, he still has more than 400 spots to go to be the highest-ranked player in his own family. His brother Ryan, 20, is currently ranked No. 59, and has already represented the United States in Davis Cup and at the Olympics.

Christian competed in the same pro tournament as Ryan for the second time when he was given a wild card into the qualifying draw of the Western & Southern Open, an A.T.P. Masters 1000 event held just outside of Cincinnati.

Harrison couldn’t have gotten a much tougher draw, facing Colombian veteran Alejandro Falla in his first qualifying match Saturday. Falla, the 51st-ranked player in the world and the second seed in qualifying, was coming off an Olympic appearance in which he took a set off Roger Federer. Falla was the first top-100 opponent the younger Harrison had faced.

Christian Harrison had openings against Falla, but went only 2 of 8 on break points compared to 5 of 12 for Falla, and eventually lost, 6-3, 6-3. Harrison’s patience and consistency allowed him to extend rallies, but ultimately allowed Falla too many opportunities to strike first.

“I had a lot of chances, and could have pushed it a little closer, but I did a good job fighting whenever I lost some of those chances, to keep on getting more opportunities,” Harrison said.

“Come on, Ryan!” one woman cheered earnestly early toward Christian in the second set, causing Ryan to grin from his seat in the second row.

The mistake is an excusable one. Though many siblings have dissimilar playing styles, Christian looks almost eerily like a younger version of Ryan. He has a nearly identical forehand to his brother’s — not to mention his haircut, Babolat racket and Nike clothing. Christian grinds defensively during points similar to his brother and carries himself between points with the same unblinking intensity.

“You can compare and contrast some things,” Ryan said of the similarities. “As far as stroke production goes, that looks similar. You can actually look at a lot of differences on the serve and the backhand, but the forehands look pretty similar, and I guess us both being right-handed, and playing with Babolat, I guess it can look similar.”

Continue reading: http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...ers-footsteps/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #173
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Should be a good experience, regardless of the outcome.

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis

Men's Qualifying USO WCs to: Buchanan, Halebian, C Harrison, Klahn, Kosakowski, Krueger, Sandgren & Williams. 1 more TBD in Nat'l Playoffs

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 AM   #174
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I guess Christian won't be in Winston-Salem since he is heading to New York .

From Ryan's press conference:

Q. (Question regarding Ryan's brother.)

RYAN HARRISON: I think so. I mean, he can play. He's got some game. I don't know if you watched his match the other day, but he looks comfortable on the court. He doesn't look like he's out of his comfort zone, I guess. He just wasn't able to play that level yet.
It's going to take some time for him to get up here consistently. Even when he does, he's going to have matches like I did today, that you just don't play well.
You know, ultimately he's playing a lot better. He just made semis of a challenger, which is a big step for him, beating guys in the top 300, 250. He's had a few wins around there.
It's good for me to see. He's had a lot of struggles in his career with injuries, different obstacles that he's had to overcome. For him to be at the level he's at for the obstacles he's faced at his age is pretty outstanding.
We've always practiced well together. We've always pushed each other well. You know, aside from being my brother, he's just a great guy and a great guy to be around. I'm really looking forward to him being up here.

Q. When you see him play, what are the similarities between your games?

RYAN HARRISON: You know, to be honest with you, I guess it's just because I've known him for so long, that I know some things that he does well, that I do a little better. Obviously you can kind of compare and contrast some things.
But as far as just like stroke production goes, I think that looks similar. You know, you can actually look at a lot of different things on the serve and the backhand. But the forehands look pretty similar. I guess us both being right‑handed, both playing with Babolat, I guess it can look similar.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 AM   #175
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
No reports .
oh yeah.

For the first couple games of the match Christian wasn't hitting with much depth but he wasn't missing and he allowed Falla to make a lot of errors which gave Christian the early break. After this Falla started to find his range, and he quickly started hitting a lot of winners and dictating player. He got the break back and then went up a break. After this Christian adjusted his game style because Falla wasn't giving any free points. He played more aggressively but a recurring problem was that once he got the upper hand in rallies he couldn't maintain it nor finish the points. I'm sure this will improve greatly as he gets stronger and more experienced.

Anyway Christian lost the first set and was broken to start the second. He fought in the next game to get BP and on it Falla DFed, but the umpire overruled it. Worst overrule I've ever seen and nobody in the grandstand could believe it. Surprisingly, Christian didn't get mad. I think Ryan would have started berating the umpire but Christian just tried to forget about it.

After that Falla saved the BP and held. I was impressed with Christian's resiliency after that despite the fact that he was down 3-0 when he should have been on serve. He held serve and then played a great game break game, finally breaking serve after a long rally when he hit a tremendous FH passing shot. It was 4-*3 then and Christian had some momentum. Unfortunately he couldn't maintain it because he didn't make first serves in the next game. Falla got the break and served it out easily.

Overall it was a pretty entertaining match. Christian couldn't get free points of his serve at all partly because Falla returns well, but the rallies were on the whole tightly contested.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #176
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks for the report .

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #177
country flag Smoke944

Terrible draw for Christian, has Grega Zemjla in the first round.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #178
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tough match, good luck.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #179
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Christian is scheduled on streaming court tomorrow!

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis

Tuesday Order of Play for US Open qualifying: http://bit.ly/dC2lie Courts 11 and 17 are CBS Sports Network cts. Harrison, Davis both on 17

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #180
country flag benji47

benji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond repute

This is so upsetting, I wanted to at least watch 2 of his matches...
benji47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote