Todd Paul's Official Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #46
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todd Paul's Official Thread

So the Deacs lost to #1 Ohio State but that is not how close it was AT ALL!
It looked like the Deacs would win for several moments.
In doubles, Ohio State's cheap lineup plan worked by putting Moneke/Koniecko(ranked 3 & 1 in singles) at #2 doubles while Parr/Forman beat the other team 8-5.
In singles, Brasseaux at #3 went down easy 2 and 2 but that looked like the only easy point the Bucks could get.
At #1 singles, Parr(#21) played Brian Koniecko(#1). Koniecko looked completely unimpressive as a #1 player. Cory took the 1st set 6-3, overcoming an early break. Koniecko had no power and an average serve, just consistent and was able to make shots.
At #2, highly energized Steve Forman took the 1st set from a winey Steve Moneke(#3) 6-4. The packed crowd's energy soared at this point. Forman and Parr won there sets at basically the same point, creating a high five from Forman and Parr at changeovers.
At #4, David Hopkins found himself in front of many fans who were heckling the play of a 6' 7" serve and volleyer. All David had to do was put the ball in play, because OSU's player couldn't volley at all. A bad call on his part made the fans angry(led by Deacs reserve Carlos Salmon) The trash-talk from the fans occured before OSU's player hit a framing lop passing shot. The guy turned around and talked back, which was stupid because he framed it and the fans got on him. Anyways, the guy could not stick a volley. Salmon shouted out "this guy is supposed to be and serve-and-volleyer, WHERES THE VOLLEYING!" Hopkins won that set which was huge for the Deacs.
At #5, Jon Wolff took a tight set 6-4 which gave more comfort to the Deacs.
At #6, Jason Morgenstern easily took care of business in the 1st 6-2. Being in the corner, Salmon shouted all they way down the courts after a the scorecards changed, "Yeah Jay! I see you Jay! You look goood!!" ANother line from him was, "There is a super-sale on 6!!"

As it looked like the Deacs were in control, OSU got right back into it. Parr was even all the way in the 2nd, but some OSU players came over and rooted him on to get a late break at 5-4 for the set. Koniecko later fought to win the 3rd 6-1. Steve played amazing in the 2nd, and it took a long time for him to get in a tie-break. He lost the breaker, but that didnt matter that much except for his stats(that match was incomplete) Hopkins collapsed in the 2nd, losing it 6-2 somehow, but that match was also incomplete. Jon Wolff's also lost the 2nd and his match was stopped at 3-4 in the 3rd due to the clinching win at #6 from Jay's loss. (He did play the #77 player)

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #47
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Pan-Am Games

USA F2 2008

JBlock Forever
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #48
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report. I followed the match online. I really had my hopes up with those first set results, but the guys seemed to fight hard and believed they could win, which is all you can ask for. This loss will help them down the line.
Champion: 2009: Como CH; 2010: Napoli CH; 2011: French Open
Finalist: 2010: Ostrava CH, Braunschweig CH
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
jcreback is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #49
country flag Ozone

It definately will.
Todd Paul is signed up for the USA F4 $15,000 future in Brownsville, Texas!!

JBlock Forever
Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #50
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Todd!

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #51
country flag Ozone

Thank you hellas can I know your real name since I post with you a lot?

JBlock Forever
Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #52
country flag Ozone

Hey guys, lets keep posting more on this thread so Todd has a chance of being nominated for a sub-forum!! Thanks!!

JBlock Forever
Old 02-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #53
country flag Ozone

Hey guys, lets keep posting as much as possible on this thread so Todd has a chance of being nominated for a sub-forum!! Thanks!

JBlock Forever
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #54
country flag Ozone

USA F4
Todd's Singles Draw
Tuesday OOP
1st Round Singles: Todd Paul vs. [Q]Philip Bester
Doubles(With Treat Huey)
Todd's Draw
1st Round Doubles: Paul/Huey vs. Martiroysan/Witten (Not before 3PM ET)

Go Todd

JBlock Forever
Old 02-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #55
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Todd!
btw my name is Andrew

Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #56
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Todd not playing with Bass this week?

Obviously I wish them well this week, but back in college Huey was a bit of a dirtbag.
Champion: 2009: Como CH; 2010: Napoli CH; 2011: French Open
Finalist: 2010: Ostrava CH, Braunschweig CH
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
jcreback is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 PM   #57
country flag Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreback View Post
Why is Todd not playing with Bass this week?

Obviously I wish them well this week, but back in college Huey was a bit of a dirtbag.
I asked the same question in the future thread. They have always really had great success together and this is there turf. An American future. Now, both are unseeded and have tough draws.
One answer maybe because TP pulled out of Costa Rica late. Thats my bet. I mean they cant be "breaking up" because they are smart enough to know that theyve had great success.

JBlock Forever
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #58
country flag Ozone

Was Huey really that kind of player? I know everyone loved Somdev.

JBlock Forever
Old 02-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #59
country flag Ozone

1st Round Doubles
USA F4
MArtiroysan/Witten DEF. Paul/Huey 64 75

Tough draws occur when you dont play with your normal partner

JBlock Forever
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #60
country flag Baghdatis#1

But Witten is really good and Martinosyan has grown to be one of my faves