Todd Paul's Official Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #31
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Todd Paul's Official Thread

Do you still go to the matches??

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #32
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

TP website updated...

www.toddpaultennis.com

JBlock Forever
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #33
country flag Ozone

One of my favorite players was Andrew Hamar. You never knew if he would get killed, win easily, or(most of the time) win the 1st easily then give away the 2nd then put all the pressure on yourself in the 3rd by being the deciding match
Great player though and he saved the team in the NCAA's vs Clemson!!

JBlock Forever
Old 02-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #34
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

No, I live in DC now, so I can't get down there. Big matches this weekend though.

Andrew is one of the greatest people I have ever met flat out. He is incredibly nice and kind.

I always thought he put a lot of pressure on himself because he came in with Todd who had so much more success, but Todd never won a match as big as that Clemson one. Rushing the court has never been so fun. That was easily the athletic highlight of my four years at Wake, including winning the conference title in football that same year.
Champion: 2009: Como CH; 2010: Napoli CH; 2011: French Open
Finalist: 2010: Ostrava CH, Braunschweig CH
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
jcreback is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #35
country flag Ozone

I remember that amazig day. I was out of town but somehow perfectly timed getting on a computer in Durham right as Hamar was in that epic tie-break(I watched the score-tracker). I knew it would be a perfect story for Andy to win that t-break and he did!! I wish I was there but it was great. I actually met Andrew once too. Cool guy. His match point is actually on youtube and I watch that a lot. Great story!

JBlock Forever
Old 02-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #36
country flag Ozone

Yes I plan on attending the Ohio State match this weekend. I hope Parr/Forman can get a doubles win to prove themselves as the best doubles team. I will give you some feedback on that match. SHould be great. Great chance for the Deacs!

JBlock Forever
Old 02-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #37
country flag jcreback

jcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond reputejcreback has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
I remember that amazig day. I was out of town but somehow perfectly timed getting on a computer in Durham right as Hamar was in that epic tie-break(I watched the score-tracker). I knew it would be a perfect story for Andy to win that t-break and he did!! I wish I was there but it was great. I actually met Andrew once too. Cool guy. His match point is actually on youtube and I watch that a lot. Great story!
What you missed then was a few points earlier in the tiebreaker. He was actually down a match point (6-5 maybe) and he hit a ball real short. The Clemson player hit a deep approach shot to his backhand and was at the net before Andrew even hit the ball. Then, Andrew uncorked a backhand crosscourt passing shot that any player on the planet could only dream of. I am not even coming close to joking that it is one of the three best tennis shots I have ever seen hit considering difficulty and situation.
TT Doubles:
Champion: 2008: Como CH (w/hahaha7), Tashkent CH (w/Adder A216); 2009: Jersey CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Caltanissetta CH (w/Adder A216); Athens CH (w/Adder A216); Milan CH (w/Adder A216); Napoli CH (w/Adder A216); Orleans CH (w/Adder A216)); 2011: Meknes CH (w/Adder A216)
Finalist: 2008: Tulsa CH (w/hahaha7); 2009: Wolfsburg CH (w/EnriqueIG8), Manerbio CH (w/dusan1610); Como CH (w/Adder A216); Champaign CH (w/Adder A216); 2010: Ostrava CH (w/Adder A216); Aptos CH (w/Exponente); Binghamton CH (w/Adder A216); 2011: Dallas CH (w/Adder A216)
Old 02-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #38
country flag Ozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreback View Post
What you missed then was a few points earlier in the tiebreaker. He was actually down a match point (6-5 maybe) and he hit a ball real short. The Clemson player hit a deep approach shot to his backhand and was at the net before Andrew even hit the ball. Then, Andrew uncorked a backhand crosscourt passing shot that any player on the planet could only dream of. I am not even coming close to joking that it is one of the three best tennis shots I have ever seen hit considering difficulty and situation.
Wow I guess you were there and did you storm the court??

JBlock Forever
Old 02-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #39
country flag jcreback

Quote:
Wow I guess you were there and did you storm the court??
Yeah, absolutely.

Here is actually a picture from that night.

I am on the left, and another really good friend of ours is on the far right. Between the rain delays and sweating, I think that was my third set of clothes that day/night. Let me know if the picture doesn't show up and I'll move it to Photobucket.
TT Doubles:
Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #40
country flag Ozone

Omg, you seem vaguely familiar somehow(I think)
I can see it, great pic! How did you know Hamar so well?? And I have seen that guy on the right to. Also, I watched Andrew Brasseaux play in a match this year at #1. He looked great and he won like 1 and 1. Great player, really developing.

JBlock Forever
Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #41
country flag Ozone

Zinner's wife has to be the Deacs #1 fan. The #2 fan is that loud-mouthed big guy that is really annoying and gets under the other teams skin. Know who I am talking about?

JBlock Forever
Old 02-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #42
country flag jcreback

Quote:
Omg, you seem vaguely familiar somehow(I think)
I can see it, great pic! How did you know Hamar so well?? And I have seen that guy on the right to. Also, I watched Andrew Brasseaux play in a match this year at #1. He looked great and he won like 1 and 1. Great player, really developing.
Andrew and Todd lived on my freshman hall and I was friends with them for four years. Bill, who is on the left, was also on our hall and lived with Andrew and Todd in the "tennis house" our senior year.

I was at most matches my four years, so I'm sure we probably saw each other quite a bit.
TT Doubles:
Old 02-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #43
country flag Ozone

Probably so do you know who that loud-mouthed guy im talking about is?

JBlock Forever
Old 02-08-2009, 03:21 AM   #44
country flag jcreback

Quote:
Probably so do you know who that loud-mouthed guy im talking about is?
Yeah I know who you are talking about, but I have no idea who he is. I think I asked the guys once, and they said he was just a local guy from Winston-Salem that just loved tennis and really got behind the team.
TT Doubles:
Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #45
country flag Ozone

Yeah he takes it a little to far. It would be hilariuos if that guy had an MTF Deacs vs. Ohio State today!

JBlock Forever