Gaston News, Information & Articles (Exhibition Matches as well) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #106
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Gaston News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Hi Choupi,
Many thanks for the info! I read the short excerpt that appears online, which has no real news but is very nice all the same. thanks a million for offering to send me the mag, but I won't bother you with that! I know translating is hard work, but if you could extract just the parts you like best and post them, that would be great!
Well, I'll try to choose my favourite parts but it will be hard. I thought everything GG said was important so...Of course, it's Gaston!

Just be patient. I'm off for the weekend so you'll have to wait a little bit. But promised, I won't forget you.

Remember, Choupi's always there when you need her!
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2004, 09:20 PM   #107
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston News & Articles

handicap of 13 or so is about average
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 11:26 AM   #108
country flag ataxie

ataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant futureataxie has a brilliant future

I translated the first part of the interview from Tennis Magazine , it's on my website about GG if you wanna have a look , it's in the MULTIMEDIA section (then interviews)
http://sites.estvideo.net/gastongaudioweb/

I need time to translate the rest of the interview , it's sooo long lol ! Choupi , si tu veux m'aider lol
ataxie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #109
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataxie
I translated the first part of the interview from Tennis Magazine , it's on my website about GG if you wanna have a look , it's in the MULTIMEDIA section (then interviews)
http://sites.estvideo.net/gastongaudioweb/

I need time to translate the rest of the interview , it's sooo long lol ! Choupi , si tu veux m'aider lol
OK I'm always there when you need help. It took me two hours but it was worth it!

So, here's my transcription of the article from Tennis Magasine. I only tape what seemed important to me.
The interview was given by GG to Y. Cochennec, journalist, right at the beginning of the US Open.

TM: How did your country live and welcome your triumph in Roland Garros?
GG: It's been incredible. When I arrived at the airport in BA, there were hundreds of people waiting for me but the only ones I wanted to see were my family and my girlfriend. I hadn't seen them for 2 months.
[...]
I slept for a couple of days because I was dead tired.(smile)

TM: 3 months after your exploit, is it still so difficult for you to believe you've won RG?
GG: It is indeed (smile). But I'm getting used to the idea that I've actually won RG. You must know that I've always dreamt of winning in Paris, since the very first day I touched a racket. I had anticipated the match point so much that living it for real has been sort of an earthquake for me. But now, when I come back home, I can see and touch the trophy. My dream's really become true(smile)

TM: And where is it?
GG: In my bedroom where I've also hanged up a photograph with me kissing it, an incredible moment. I've wanted to keep it as close to me as possible. RG was the dream of my life. At night, when I go to bed and look at the trophy, I can still feel happiness allthrough my body.
[...]

TM: When you watched your final, what struck you most?
GG: The way I saved the 2 match balls. Watching those 2 points, quietly sitting on my sofa, made me almost feel every single emotion running through my body at that time. And I really wonder how I didn't make any fault. I'm not saying it was a matter of life and death, but I think it would've been too tough for me if I hadn't won those 2 points. Yeah, it would have been real tough. No, how I put the ball in spite of all the tension I was feeling, it's a real mystery.
[...]
I was so nervous at the beginning of the match. Even before, in the locker room. J. McEnroe passed by and I asked him if it was normal to be so tense when you play a Grand Slam final. He answered me :"think of those who went to Irak and compare their restlessness to yours." He repeated I was not there to suffer but to make the most of the moment, of this so unique occasion. It comforted me for a few minutes, but when I got onto the court, my anguish came back. And I played the first 2 sets the way I did. It was surely the worst tennis I had shown since the beginning of the tournament.
[...]

TM: In the 3rd set, there's been a very important moment in the final. You won a spectacular point after a very long fight,which created a sort of contact between you and the public. They did the wave. You applaused...
GG: I needed some help(smile). So when they did the wave, I told myself that they were yet having fun with me. I remembered what JM told me. I had to enjoy the moment I was living. I had dreamt to be there. It shouldn't be a nightmare. All I had to do was to play my tennis, take this match as I should do, as a game and not as a pain.
[...]

TM: As you've already said, winning RG was the dream of your life. Could you describe us the very moment, the couple of seconds when delivrance breaks out?
GG: I immediatly felt like sharing my joy with the people, like kissing them. And that's why I ran all around the court, clapping their hands.
[...]

TM: And then, Vilas and McEnroe gave you the trophy...
GG: (loudly) And it made the greatest pic of the world!(smile) When I'm old and watch that pic of me between them, I'm sure I'll feel the same shivers running through my body as I'm feeling today. That's a picture for my kids and no doubt they will be proud of me.

TM: Though you're a good player on clay, it was hard to picture you in winning RG. What were your ambitions when you arrived in Paris?
GG: I'd had a real awful beginning in the season. I was not playing good tennis, though Franco and me had made a very big preparation in San Juan at the end of 2003.
[...]
In Barcelona, I turned the corner when I beat Moya and when I played and lost the final against Robredo in 5 sets.
[...]
(In RG) I mean I was fearing the draw. I told Franco : I want to play somebody I don't know personally in the first round. Because I'm a sensible guy and I've enough to do with my own emotions as a player, so I don't need to add more!(smile) And I fell on Canas, another Argentinean. This match may have been the key to everything. I won it in 5 sets, but I could also have lost it the same way.
[...]

TM: From which moment did you tell yourself, I can win RG?
GG: When I beat Hewitt in quarterfinal.
[...]
In the semis, we were only 4 left and none of us had ever won a Grand Slam before. So I told myself I was equal to the others.
[...]

TM: You had never reached a gdslam quarterfinal. You were dreaming to win a gs but did you think it could happen?
GG: No, absolutely not. As I've already said before, I've always lacked self confidence and I didn't think I could achieve such an exploit.
[...]
I was even a bit negative as I was longing for the tournament to end. I was so much tired. Relaxing had simply become impossible, even the days I wasn't playing. My legs were aching because I was tired but my head ached too because I just couldn't stop thinking.
[...]

TM: Do you feel like going back to RG in november when you come back in Paris Berçy?
GG: I didn't think to do so but I'd like to check if my name's written on top of court n°1(smile). So why not? I really would like to say how much I love this place and this tournament. For me, it's the greatest one of all and winning it is so incredible.
[...]

TM: Did you have, in your career, a moment more difficult than the others, a moment when the pain you told us about before was simply unbearable?
GG: I did and it's not very far(smile). It was last year. It started with the DC semifinal Argentine played against Spain in september. I played an awful match against Moya. I just didn't feel like fighting on the court. In Davis Cup!
It was awful. The media brought me down in Argentina. I just couldn't play in the following months. Tennis was not my interest any longer and I went on traveling though all I wanted was to be at home. It all lasted for 3 months. [...] I didn't care about loosing. Only my body was on the court but my mind was far away.
[...]

TM: Your family plays a huge part in your player's life. And especially your father...
GG: When I was 15, he had a heart attack. And seeing him so close to death has been such a shock for me. At that time, I didn't know I wanted to devote myself to tennis. What happened to him acted like a revelator. I had to do something with my life and I knew he was dreaming of me being a tennis pro. So I got involved in this career for him.
[...]

TM: Unlike Coria or Nalbandian, it seems that your federation didn't really help you when you were younger...
GG: They didn't do anything. They only remarked me when I was 18. I owe them nothing. So I have no reason to thank them for anything. The only thing I'm related to is for Davis Cup.
[...]

TM : Davis Cup, by the way. How much important is it for you?
GG: It is very important. It's even the second objective in my career. [...]
And I'm sure we can win with the players we have now.
[...]

TM: What's the atmosphere like in the team?
GG: I haven't played in DC for 1 year. At that time, it was really cheerful with my friends Zabaleta, Calleri, Chela and Arnold.[...] We can make it on every kind of ground.[...] Everybody knows that the economic situation in Argentina is not very good. And sport is the only thing that can bring joy to people. Winning the DC would be a sizeable event.
[...]

TM: When you were a kid, was there any player you admired?
GG: I liked Becker, but Vilas, he was my idol. Tennis didn't exist in Argentina before him. It developed thanks to him. I would never have won RG if he had not been the champion he was.
TM: And you, have you turned into an idol?
GG: Not at all(laughs). In Argentina, we have only 2 idols, Maradona and Vilas. I will never be as famous as they are. I'm very far from it.
TM: To conclude, you're known to be a introvert perso . Is there a hobby which helps you to slack?
GG: I play golf. It's a real passion. I got a handicap of 13-14. I forget everything when I'm on a ground.

Well, that's it! These are my favourites parts of the interview.
Sorry for those who already knew everything. Sorry Melu...
Sorry for the faults but I wanted to be quick as some of you seemed to be impatient.

Vale, I made you a promise. That's it!

Think I need some rest now... Deserve some, no?

Big kisses to everyone. Bye
Old 10-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #110
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Choupi

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:33 AM   #111
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx a mil for it Choupi, again helps to know Gato a bit closer

p.s. and oh Gato, you're not the only who has that photo on the wall!!

Last edited by User id 7816 : 10-10-2004 at 10:03 AM.
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #112
country flag taysbest

taysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond reputetaysbest has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Coupi!
taysbest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #113
lilianspring

lilianspring is a splendid one to beholdlilianspring is a splendid one to beholdlilianspring is a splendid one to beholdlilianspring is a splendid one to beholdlilianspring is a splendid one to beholdlilianspring is a splendid one to beholdlilianspring is a splendid one to behold

oh,so great work Choupi,Thanks very much.
I like it.
lilianspring is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 07:12 PM   #114
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute

No Choupi that's ok. I've read it but couldn't translate it yet so your pieces where very helpfull to see if I understood correctly.
Keep up the good work!

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania
MeluG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:41 AM   #115
country flag Choupi

Hi everybody,

Well, I'm glad to read that many of you appreciated my transcription.

Now I'm sure it was worth spending so much time translating and typing it...
If I can help, don't hesitate to ask me.

Bye!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:23 AM   #116
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Choupi, thanks for your translating work it adds to the languages on the Gaston forum, we've had Spanish, Swedish and English, see how much joy he brings.
PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #117
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Choupi, that's a terrific job you did! I'm a translator and I know just how much hard work it is. But all for a good cause! The article is great.
Thanks,
Vale
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #118
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute

Choupi:

I can answer your private msg for some reason, if you want send me an email through my website and I can reply it!

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania

Last edited by MeluG : 10-12-2004 at 07:45 PM.
MeluG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:28 AM   #119
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview, I loved it! Thanks Choupi for the translation !

Oh, that reminds me, I'm starting French classes on Thursday. I've never taken French before... wish me luck!

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:47 AM   #120
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Choupi, that's a terrific job you did! I'm a translator and I know just how much hard work it is. But all for a good cause! The article is great.
Thanks,
Vale
Big thanks.
Glad to know you like my job, especially if you're a translator! Because I'm not.