Gaston News, Information & Articles (Exhibition Matches as well) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-24-2004, 02:26 AM   #91
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston News & Articles

OK, I FINALLY saw the video, had to just go to the CQC site itself and get it! I think Gaston looks lovely in a suit... wish I could see some off-court photos of him... any in S Amer mags perchance??

Georgie, if you find any mag articles/photos on El Gato, por favor, let me know!

Just watched most of the RG04 F today... I still love Gaston's emotion... brings a tear or two to my eyes...

The more I see him, the younger he looks... why is that??

He's a cutie [oh oh, don't worry, I won't forsake my sweet Rogi!]...

buenas noches, amigos!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2004, 06:04 AM   #92
country flag FryslanBoppe

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

Gaston made an appearance on Mariano Zabaleta's new show on Argentine TV.

This was taken from various Argentine sources and a summary of what he said.

Mariano asked him about his hopes of becoming #1 and Gaston answered : "Honestly speaking? The one thing I can do with Federer & Rodthingy right on top is to play cards".

Another funny moment was when Mariano asked what did he wanted to do in Bs As (being with his family, going out for dinner, spending time with friends, play golf?) and GG looked at him and said: Well, Bolu... you answered everything yourself, what do you want me to say.

Mariano asked him if he played football and Gaston said that among friends once in while they did. Mariano remarked that GG was bad at it...very funny. They showed how they both played fifa video games of course!
FryslanBoppe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 01:31 PM   #93
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

cool that Gaston and Mariano are such good friends! right now they are my fave Argies [my most fave is Vilas, por supuesto!]

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 09-22-2004, 03:38 PM   #94
country flag aiwen_mei

aiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond reputeaiwen_mei has a reputation beyond repute

ThanX a lot, Fryslanboppe

Here is another fan of GG at Melumania's webboard named Valeria sharing about GG's interview. Hope everyone enjoy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GG gave an interview to his childhood friend Mariano Zabaleta, to inaugurate Mariano’s new program on an Argentine TV channel. They were sitting in the gardens of the Buenos Aires Tennis Club, taking a break from training.

For all who couldn’t see the interview, I can tell you that he seems in great form, relaxed, very funny and frank, laughing a lot and completely different to the serious image he gives on court. He delivered two more of his characteristic sayings:
When asked if he hoped to be No. 1, he said “Playing against Federer and Roddick? Well, we could play “truco”(a card game)!”
And asked how he got to the end of RG, he said “After two weeks, with all the stress of competing every day, my brain felt fried”.

He’s mad about soccer football, but he plays only among friends, because of the danger of injuries. So his main sport other than tennis is golf. And he, Zabaleta and friends pass the time with Play-Station football competitions.

He told about how he was informed at the last minute that all his family, girl-friend and friends, about 20 of them, were arriving in Paris for the final. He felt it would be too distracting, especially the logistics of finding them transportation and looking after them, and he had to tell them not to come.

He became serious when asked about the Davis Cup, pointing out that he had won 13 matches in a row, that he’d always accepted when called, and that when he lost two matches in Malaga (against the then No. 1 and No. 6 players) he’d been crucified.

He’s obviously putting pressure on the authorities to be called again, as he says it’s the most important challenge for a player, and that if all of them gave it priority during one year they might have a chance of winning the cup.

I wish you could have seen the interview!
aiwen_mei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:05 PM   #95
country flag RogiFan88

me too... any chance of them repeating it?? who's on next week?

Old 09-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #96
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryslanBoppe
Gaston made an appearance on Mariano Zabaleta's new show on Argentine TV.

This was taken from various Argentine sources and a summary of what he said.

Mariano asked him about his hopes of becoming #1 and Gaston answered : "Honestly speaking? The one thing I can do with Federer & Rodthingy right on top is to play cards".

Another funny moment was when Mariano asked what did he wanted to do in Bs As (being with his family, going out for dinner, spending time with friends, play golf?) and GG looked at him and said: Well, Bolu... you answered everything yourself, what do you want me to say.

Mariano asked him if he played football and Gaston said that among friends once in while they did. Mariano remarked that GG was bad at it...very funny. They showed how they both played fifa video games of course!
Hey...I wrote that. No seeing it here is surreal, lol!!! wth?

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania
MeluG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:14 PM   #97
country flag MeluG

MeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond reputeMeluG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassklovn
This is the translation of the video.

Interviewers (Mario Pergolini and Eduardo De La Puente) = I
Gaston Gaudio = G

I: As it is a tradition in this program, we always invite the
winners of grand slams...If the winners of gs do not come here for
us, this program is useless...
I: Yes, we could not invite Vilas cause we were not on air in the
senventies yet.
I: so you can see that we are not lying.
I: That's why we would like to welcome the RG winner in the classic
that we call...

Interview with the champion

*Gaston appears on air (watch that he hits his head) and is welcomed
by the 3 guys, who startmocking Coria alledging they have cramps.
Then they do the wave*

I: Thanks for being here live.
G: you are welcome, it's an honour. We have been working together
for a long time. (for the ones who are not in Arg, Pergolini used to
call Gaston after every match in RG cause he was his chosen player
to go far in France since everyone else thought Coria would go
further, that's why Gaston named him his manager...all joking of
course)

I: Let's remind all that when we started to work together you were
ranked 43, 80?
G: 44

I: Mario, do you have what? 10% of his prize money?
I: no, we don't have a business thing going on...
G: it's a matter of friendship

I: yes, we've been together since Hamburg
I: nice business he made ...

I: how do you feel? Are you happy, relaxed? How did you find Susana?
(a blonde diva who has a tv show here and that GG went before)
G: fine

I: is she nice?
G: yes, she's like you see her on tv.

I: thanks a lot for being here, we'll make you 5 questions only.
Don't worry cause none regaring your gf or things like that...
G: go ahead

I: you gf was before of after winning...no, it's a joke, haha
I: Can I ask sothing about you gf but in a good way?...I heard
somewhere that she didn't went to your tournaments as cabala. Whose
idea was it? Yours or hers?
G: mine
*The other guys make fun of it and Gaston laughs*
I: that's why he's the champion.
And I wrote that too...

Melu =O)

"Algunos piensan que yo fui el impulsor de esa reunión y yo, por mi carácter, no puedo organizar ni mi casa" (Gaudio, 2004).

Gaston Gaudio Mania
MeluG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:05 AM   #98
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute

Mariano has a show? Wow, that is so cool. I wished it aired on Fox Sports, that way I'd be able to catch it... any chance of a website or anything? It would be nice if they posted a video there like they did with the "Caiga Quien Caiga" appearence.

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 01:50 AM   #99
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Adri , your avatar is nice
Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:52 PM   #100
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

French Tennis Magazine (October 2004) has a big interview with Gaston.
I am far from fluent in French but most of the questions seems to be about
the Final and then about familiar stuff like the difficult times he has had.
Looks like not much of "news" in there.

But perhaps this is rather new to us:
Q. Pour conlure, on vous sait plutot introverti.
Y a-t-il une activite qui vous permettre de vraiment vous relacher?
A. Le golf. C'est une vraie passion. J'ai un handicap de 13-14.
Sur un parcours, j'oublie tout.

Wonder if "handicap 13-14" means he is good at golf.
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 01:15 PM   #101
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

Also, love Gaston's comment on a photo (Gaston raising the Cup
between Vilas and McEnroe who are clapping Gaston):

"C'est la plus belle photo du monde. Quand je serai vieux,
quand je regarderai cette photo de moi entre Vilas et McEnroe,
je suis sur que j'aurai toujours des frissons."

(It means something like: This is the most beautiful photo in the world.
When I'm old and watch this photo of me between Vilas and McEnroe,
I will always have the shivers. )

Btw, didn't know that the Roland Garros 2004 Official Book is already out:
http://www.loustal.nl/ACTUEEL.HTM

Last edited by reiko : 09-26-2004 at 02:15 PM.
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 04:29 AM   #102
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
Adri , your avatar is nice
Hehe, thank you!!!

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:57 PM   #103
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Is the French Tennis mag on the Web?
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #104
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gaston News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Is the French Tennis mag on the Web?
Hi Vale,

You can find French Tennis magazine on the web here: http://www.tennismagazine.fr

Click on "le magazine du mois" then on "go". But sorry, you won't be able to read the whole article. You have to be registered for this. I receive the magazine every month at home. Do you want me to send it to you? Maybe I can translate it if somebody's interested but it'll take some time...so tell me.
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #105
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Choupi,
Many thanks for the info! I read the short excerpt that appears online, which has no real news but is very nice all the same. thanks a million for offering to send me the mag, but I won't bother you with that! I know translating is hard work, but if you could extract just the parts you like best and post them, that would be great!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote