Gaston News, Information & Articles (Exhibition Matches as well) - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2005, 06:54 AM   #811
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Choupi, I got all emotional when I read what you said!!! I´m a sucker for sentiment!
Oh Vale, my words weren't meant to have you that way...sorry!
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #812
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiko
Yeah, he does deserve every good thing happening/will happen to him. Maybe his own demon will not leave him but he should have learned how to deal with it by now. Anyway, I feel like I've been getting compensated for all the heartbreaks I had in the past.

Video clip (incl. a bit of Gaston at press conference):
http://telefe.planetatv.com/player/v...-1638B7A18BFF}

By the way, I'm going to Barcelona (and maybe Valencia if Gaston plays) and planning to give him a book with messages from fans.

I did it last year with messages from Japanese fans to welcome him at Japan Open. I ended up giving him the book at Bercy, though. Most messages were rather short due to our limited English/Spanish abilities but there were some great illustrations/drawing/picures and I included photocopy of RG articles from Japanese tennis magazines and a few more stuff. He liked it.

I will post the details later but hope many people will join this.
I will be in Barcelona for the first few days (after Monte Carlo) - so hope to meet up with you there Reiko. Unfortunately I can't stay for the whole week because I have a family wedding to attend on the Saturday (semi-finals day), but I'll be there til at least Thursday.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:21 PM   #813
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Agustin Calleri will be Gaston's replacement next week for the DC. I am sorry for Gaston of course, but really pleased for Agustin. Congrats to him and I wish him well.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 02-26-2005, 07:46 PM   #814
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
I will be in Barcelona for the first few days (after Monte Carlo) - so hope to meet up with you there Reiko. Unfortunately I can't stay for the whole week because I have a family wedding to attend on the Saturday (semi-finals day), but I'll be there til at least Thursday.
Great - I can finally see you after so many missed opportunities, Rosie. I'll be there the whole week and be seated somewhere behind the players bench. Pity you cannot see SF's and F, whrere Gaston and David might play (each other). Hope we have a beautiful weather this year.

There is still a small chance that I get to Monte Carlo for the first few days. And I'm going to Hamburg; maybe Dusseldorf sporadically; not sure about RG - you will be in these tournaments, too, won't you?
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #815
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

ATP Play of the Week (video clip), Rafael Nadal (vs Gaston) at BsAs:
http://www.atptennis.com/en/mercedesbenz/default.asp
Old 02-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #816
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just a short post now. Calleri is due to join the DC team on Monday , together with David. I saw Calleri´s match against Montañes. He was playing very well until his matchpoint, which he flufffed, and then he seemed to risk too much. He played very dangerous shots which often finished in unforced errors. It was a shame to see such good tennis and such bad decisions! Anyway, if he feels contained by Mancini and the team, I´m sure he will be a good choice!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #817
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiko
Great - I can finally see you after so many missed opportunities, Rosie. I'll be there the whole week and be seated somewhere behind the players bench. Pity you cannot see SF's and F, whrere Gaston and David might play (each other). Hope we have a beautiful weather this year.

There is still a small chance that I get to Monte Carlo for the first few days. And I'm going to Hamburg; maybe Dusseldorf sporadically; not sure about RG - you will be in these tournaments, too, won't you?
I will definately be at Monte Carlo and the first week of RG Hamburg is possible (but not definate yet as I'm in Rome the week before so I'll have to go home sometime!), and Dusseldorf depends purely on David - if he plays then I'll be there - if he doesn't - then I wont!

I'll be sitting near you in Barcelona though - so we're bound to meet.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #818
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, Rosie and Reiko, I'm so envious you'll be at Barcelona... what an amazing city! One day I'll make it to the Godo!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #819
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie and Reiko, how wonderful that you can programme all that wonderful tennis tour!! Rosie, I know you hate your job, but it´s fantastic that you can get away so much, that counts for something too!
And Reiko, the idea of your presentation to Gastón is brilliant, I´m sure he must treasure those sort of tributes, more that any gushing newspaper article!

Btw, this morning I heard a radio interview of Vilas; I´ve always felt he was rather full of himself, but I was really impressed by his lucid and articulate way of answering questions on any subject, be it politics or the Cromañon disaster or being a parent (better than any of our politicians I can assure you!). And when they asked him "Who is the best Argentine tennis player today?" his answer was: "Gaudio is the best player on clay, Nalbandian is the best on hard, and Coria, who is recovering from an injury, plays very well on both surfaces".!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #820
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Rosie and Reiko, how wonderful that you can programme all that wonderful tennis tour!! Rosie, I know you hate your job, but it´s fantastic that you can get away so much, that counts for something too!
![/b]
Actually I plan to give up my job and go "freelance" in the Summer - so I'll have even more time It's something I've wanted to do for a while - my Father is gettng older and I want to spend more time with him - and I have a few other personal things that need sorting out - it was just a matter of sorting out the financial details - but that's all coming together now - so it should give me more time for tennis too

Old 02-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #821
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie,that's a lot of news!

I'm happy for you,cause I know how much you dislike your job...and I'm also glad to know that you want to spend more time with your Dad..we all should enjoy their company while we have them.

If that makes you happy,then I'm happy for you!!
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #822
country flag reiko

Quote:
And Reiko, the idea of your presentation to Gastón is brilliant, I´m sure he must treasure those sort of tributes, more that any gushing newspaper article! [/b]
Yeah, I take advantage of living in Europe. In turn you folks living in South America have a lot of tv coverage of Gaston's matches. Holland is desperate when it comes to tv coverage of tennis matches.

I'm glad to hear that you like the idea of the "Gaston Book", Vale. I want him to realize that there are also people supporting him from far away, though he cannot hear their cheering on a match court.
He is such a modest guy that when I presented the book, he took a look at the messages one by one and after a while asked me if he could keep the book. It's maybe because I did not clearly state that it was for him but still..... Fame did not and will not spoil him.

Quote:
Actually I plan to give up my job and go "freelance" in the Summer - so I'll have even more time It's something I've wanted to do for a while - my Father is gettng older and I want to spend more time with him - and I have a few other personal things that need sorting out - it was just a matter of sorting out the financial details - but that's all coming together now - so it should give me more time for tennis too
Very good move! At a certain moment I also decided to have more free time & fun and less money & work-related stress. Life is so short but it's a long way until you are happily retired and can do what you want. Also, like Rosie, I want to spend more time with my parents - both of them overcame life-threatening deseases and living so far away. What's more, being one of the (in)famous workaholic Japanese, I had worked hard enough for the time being! And I'm lucky enough that an investment which I made years ago somehow allows me to enjoy the (financial) freedom today.
Vamos, Rosie!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:24 AM   #823
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is so great, Rosie. It's something that you'll be happy with, and you'll get to determine how you will come and go.
I am fortunate in that both parents are nearby and are in excellent health, so it's all good.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:06 AM   #824
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
I am fortunate in that both parents are nearby and are in excellent health, so it's all good.
Oh yes, what a fortune. Enjoy it as long as you can Tiff. That's the best I wish you.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #825
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Oh yes, what a fortune. Enjoy it as long as you can Tiff. That's the best I wish you.
Thanks, Choupi. Speaking of which, shouldn't I be doing the same thing as Rosie-looking for another job? I think I should.