Gaston News, Information & Articles (Exhibition Matches as well) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-18-2004, 04:11 AM   #46
country flag Trolls Need Love Too

Trolls Need Love Too is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gaston News & Articles

That was a great article thanks George.
Trolls Need Love Too is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2004, 04:46 AM   #47
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
I agree Gaston is the most talented shotmaker of the Argies. Coria is consistent, determined and rarely makes UEs and he'll do almost anything to win! Nalbers, well, he's my brutish player, up there in terms of greatness but not quite -- he doesn't give up, which is a big plus, his tennis just doesn't do it for me as far as "wow-factor" is concerned!! [but then you know who "wows" me most... and it ain't no Argie!!]. Nice article!
It's good that you know that Gaston is the most talented shotmaker of the Argies, and I will forgive your comments about Nalbandian.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:05 PM   #48
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
It's good that you know that Gaston is the most talented shotmaker of the Argies, and I will forgive your comments about Nalbandian.
Yep, I love El Gato's "reves" the most!

Thanks, George! Of course you know [and so does Becca] that I harbour a secret "crush" on Nalby -- that's why I tease him so much!

Tell me, what city is Zabaleta from? Did you say he's also fr a fairly well-off background?

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #49
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

zabaleta is from tandil

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:18 PM   #50
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Gracias, TL! Pero donde esta Tandil?? Je je... no conosco Argentina.

He visto una pelicula argentina ayer, de 1997, La Furia -- interesante!

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 06-19-2004, 02:05 AM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Zabaleta is from Tandil, 5 hours south of BA. He is from the same town as Guillermo Perez Roldan and his dad was a rugby player and from a well-off background.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-19-2004, 02:09 AM   #52
country flag RogiFan88

Gracias, George! You always know the info! So I guess you wish you were going to Bastad? Sounds like a good tourney and I'm sure that Rogi is thankful Gaston is NOT playing Gstaad this yr even tho he beat him last yr. Two nice clay tourneys -- one day... but I still want to go to Barcelona first to see the Armada and the Legion!

Old 06-19-2004, 02:20 AM   #53
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Gracias, George! You always know the info! So I guess you wish you were going to Bastad? Sounds like a good tourney and I'm sure that Rogi is thankful Gaston is NOT playing Gstaad this yr even tho he beat him last yr. Two nice clay tourneys -- one day... but I still want to go to Barcelona first to see the Armada and the Legion!
I am very pissed off about not going to Båstad, considering that I told some people that they should play there, and it seems the message has got around. It's actually the best non Masters event along with Barcelona, though the cutoff was lower here, I just hope everyone apart from Younes shows up.

Gaston will like Båstad, well he would rather that than the USA, and the irony is the years I went weren't as good as Båstad, though I was there when Mats was the man, so I can't complain too much.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #54
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

only players with bad backhands succed in Båstad, moya, zabaleta, vinciguerra, el aynaoui, poor gaston will probably lose early.

:P

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:15 AM   #55
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting, Lurker!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:49 AM   #56
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisLurker
only players with bad backhands succed in Båstad, moya, zabaleta, vinciguerra, el aynaoui, poor gaston will probably lose early.

:P
There has to be a change Lurker, I mean Meligieni won Båstad once, then again he didn't have a great backhand, it must the wind that helps the forehands.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-24-2004, 08:57 PM   #57
country flag RogiFan88

no news on Gaston George?? when will he be at Bastad?? is he playing Kitz also? then he must come to TO [voy a esperarle alli!!]

Old 06-24-2004, 10:16 PM   #58
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

An article (in Spanish) with some photos:
http://www0.caras.uol.com.ar/edicion_1171/nota_01.htm

"AQUI EN BUENOS AIRES RECIEN ME SENTI CAMPEON"
De regreso a la Argentina , Gastón Gaudio celebró con su novia y sus afectos
------------------------------------------------------------------

Fue una semana distinta, sin dudas la más trascendente de su vida junto a las dos que le precedieron. Ni bien se consagró ganador del Abierto de Francia, a Gastón Gaudio (25) se le abrieron las puertas de la gloria y el reconocimiento unánime. Después de festejar el domingo por la noche en París con su íntimo amigo Martín Cetra y el preparador físico Fernando “La Pantera” Aguirre, el tenista comprobó en su primera caminata por la Ciudad Luz, el lunes por la mañana, que ganar Roland Garros es un pasaporte directo a la notoriedad. “Fui a comprar una remera y la gente me reconoció”, señaló el nuevo top ten del tenis argentino, quien ese mismo día se embarcó a Buenos Aires para reencontrarse con los afectos que tanto extrañó.
“Fueron dos semanas increíbles. Es que recién estoy empezando a creer ¡qué gané el Abierto de Francia, que repetí el triunfo de nuestra alma mater, Guillermo Vilas!. Por un año la bandera argentina flameará en el estadio más famoso del mundo”, reconoció “El Gato” apenas regresó a su país. Una tierra que añoraba tanto como las calles de Temperley, su barrio. “¿Saben cuándo disfruté más el título? Cuando estuve acá en Temperley, cuando me reencontré con mi novia y con mi familia. Aquí me sentí el verdadero campeón”.
Ansioso por celebrar con los suyos, Gaudio organizó una íntima fiesta el martes por la noche en el bar Tequila. Nadie podía faltar a la convocatoria de “Gasti” en la Costanera, y cada uno de los invitados tenía su porqué. Empezando por sus padres, Marisa y Norberto, sus hermanos, Diego (30) y Julieta (28), y su novia, la modelo Natalia Forchino (28). Y siguiendo por sus amigos del alma, su coach Franco Davín, su ex entrenador Gabriel Mena, sus colegas Mariano Zabaleta y Juan Ignacio Chela y el futbolista Sebastián Rambert, con quien cosechó una cálida amistad a partir de su fanatismo por Independiente.
La velada se extendió hasta las cuatro de la madrugada, los invitados brindaron con Chandon y en los momentos de mayor euforia hubo algunos cánticos alusivos a Guillermo Coria (22). El miércoles, Gastón se reunió con la prensa en el Hotel Emperador y de yapa, cumplió el sueño de encontrarse con Ricardo Bochini, su ídolo futbolero. “No hay precio por ésto. Como él no hay nadie, no existe comparación. Es increíble que me haya venido a visitar”, confesó el tenista, más feliz que nunca por recibir una remera autografiada de manos del “Bocha”.
Poco propenso a mostrarse con su novia, Gaudio debió enfrentar algunos rumores de desgaste en su relación con Forchino. Lo cierto es que la modelo no lo acompañó el jueves en sus dos apariciones televisivas, una en el programa de Susana Giménez y la otra en “CQC”. Tampoco se lo vio con Natalia el sábado, cuando fue al Club Lomas a saludar a sus ex compañeros de rugby. Aprovechando que la primera enfrentaba al CASI, Gaudio –que de chico jugó como apertura- llegó temprano al predio de Longchamps, almorzó con amigos, vio el partido y se llevó como recuerdo la camiseta del club. Por la noche volvió a frecuentar Tequila, y Natalia no apareció.
El fin de semana, Gastón confirmó que no jugará Wimbledon. Además de una lesión, no le faltan ganas de seguir en Buenos Aires. Y de disfrutar al máximo ese dulce sabor que el destino le reserva a quienes nunca dejan de soñar.

Por Carlos Cervetto - Fotos: M.A.De Leon/Perfil
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:37 PM   #59
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
no news on Gaston George?? when will he be at Bastad?? is he playing Kitz also? then he must come to TO [voy a esperarle alli!!]
He was training with Juan Monaco and I am not sure when he is going, he might be there Thursday or something like that.

He is playing Kitzbhuel and Amersfoort, plus the Olympics and if he is not injured he will be in Toronto.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 06-25-2004, 07:47 PM   #60
country flag joes

joes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He is playing Kitzbhuel and Amersfoort, plus the Olympics and if he is not injured he will be in Toronto.
George, are you sure about Amersfoort? He's not on the players' list on the tournaments website.... but it'd be awesome if he came to Holland!!!

Reiko, thanks for the article!
joes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote