Gaston News, Information & Articles (Exhibition Matches as well) - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #181
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri
Thanks for posting those, novanora! I tried doing screencaps myself but failed... the little screen went black...
Adri, it's not that difficult to do the caps what i do is just use streambox to download the video clip, and use some common multimedia players to make the caps, glad you all like that!

it's nightmare for u when Gaston's precious RG memory turn into totally black night screen though
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2004, 11:54 AM   #182
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Today's interview:
-It's been 5 months since RG, how much has your life changed since then?
-My personal life hasn't changed that much. I'm still close to my family and friends, everything's the same. The only difference is that people recognize me a bit more in Buenos Aires.

-And in the circuit, are you seen with different eyes?
-Well...in tennis level, there are some changes. You have more things coming at you. In some tournaments in which before you were unnoticed, all of the sudden you are the center of attention. And now I have the possibility of playing this tournament. What else can I ask for?

-What Gaudio will be seen in Houston?
-The best, I hope. Phisically I'm 100%. Tennistically(sp?), I was quite a while without playing, but I've prepared well in Miami and I'll get here well. It was a tough training, like it has to be for a Masters.

-You'll have a special debut...Federer is waiting for the inaugural match.
-Yeah...What can I say about Federer? He's a machine.

-Can you beat him?
-Yeah...but I don't know how (laughs). It's clear that there are no misteries here, they are the best. Every match will be like playing a final. And you can win or lose.

-Can you see yourself in the final?
-Look, when I got to RG I said I didn't know if I was gonna make it through the first round. I can lose the 3 matches or be in the SF. It also depends on luck. If in every tournament you have to have some luck, much more in this one.

-You're majority. There are three Argentinians among the 9...
-I can't believe it. Being a country much smaller than the USA, they just have one player and we have three. I'd like to see this being more valued.

-Do you consider that it's not like that?
-Well...there are times in which the press critizises us, it's not fair. We're going through the best time in Argentinian tennis. For example David (Nalbandian) was critizised for losing a final, instead of saying that he reached two finals in a row. In a country with the population that Argentina has, having 3 Argentinians in this Masters is a very rare thing. We have to cherish that and give it the real dimension it has.

-The next step in Argentinian tennis is to win the Davis Cup?
-With the team and the player we have, it's the step that everyone of us should make. It's the goal that everyone of us should make for next year, or the other one. I think this is the best moment; we should take advantage of the moment that some players are having to win it.

-Can we win the DC in 2005?
-The draw was pretty complicated because we would get Australia in the second round. But let's not forget that David was a Wimbledon finalist.

Last edited by jazz_girl : 11-14-2004 at 12:19 PM.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #183
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Muchas gracias jazz for the translation it's great to read he still has the humour and the sense of realism, but please get some self-confidence for the first match.

jazzita

Can I use your translation in the yahoo group? I would only correct the 1 spelling mistake.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:13 PM   #184
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Sure use it!
Old 11-14-2004, 12:18 PM   #185
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jazz - must admit I saw the article this morning but was lazy and decided to wait for you to translate it (I knew your would ) And besides you're so much better at it than me!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:19 PM   #186
country flag jazz_girl

LOL! you lazy girl Thanks
Old 11-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #187
country flag jazz_girl

I forgot to give you the link:
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2004/11...es/d-08601.htm
Old 11-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #188
country flag FryslanBoppe

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

Your English is great jazz and thanks for the article. It's good to see Gaston in a good mood and hope he can pull a few surprises.
FryslanBoppe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:24 PM   #189
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
LOL! you lazy girl Thanks
Guilty as charged

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #190
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Rosie you are guilty and jazz thanks again for the translation.

I would do the same if David ever got his arse over to Scandinavia.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #191
country flag jazz_girl

I forgot to translate the first paragraphs before the actual interview:

For sure, in some afternoon in the Temperley Lawn tennis, when his ilusions of kid were winning an interclub, has thought about this, has imagined it..."After a lifetime of playing tennis, everyone's dream is to be here. It's something that has come true and now all I have left is to play the best part I can", recognizes Gastón Gaudio, in the Westsite Tennis Club. He's the only among the eight tennis player that will make his debut in the Masters, the top date for tennis with the best players of the season.

It's cold in Houston. The temperature was below the 10°C and the sun of the previous days are begining to be missed. The rain, that might seriously complicate the tournament, threats every now and then. But the Roland Garros champion has his head somewhere else, he's confident among so many big stars. He looks secure, focused, "he's in full in the tournament", like he says it himself.
With the Rome shirt (the 10 of Totti), trains very hard with Carlos Moyá. After that will be time of the official ceremony. And there, with the 9 players (Cañas arrived a little while before time with a smile from ear to ear), poses for the pictures with a dark blue suit and his characteristic tied up hair. In his look, in his gestures, he sense he's about to play something big, a special tournament. Then, Gaudio accesses to a informal chat, friendly. "When the year was starting and even more, how I was coming, it didn't even cross my mind to have this possibility. But then I started playing better, I won Roland Garros. From then on anything could happen...And here I am", comments while he laughs.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:01 PM   #192
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooo Gato .......now it's only one thing you can do - tear them to pieces baby!

thax jazz!
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:57 PM   #193
country flag FryslanBoppe

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

Gaston is all class what can I say.
FryslanBoppe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #194
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation Jazz!

He's objective, confident, well and tough trained. Can't wait to watch him tomorrow!!!!!!! Do your best and most of all, carpe diem!!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #195
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

gracias, Jazz, you answered my question fr the Rogi thread... Gaston practising w Marat, then Carlos, Rogi next??!!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote