Gaston News, Information & Articles (Exhibition Matches as well) - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #151
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
By the way, it's an exhibition tournament and will be played on hard. I live in Bariloche, in Patagonia, 1,700 kms away, so will only be able to see it on TV (if they show it!)
Don't worry about the distance, it's worse for me and I won't have any chance to see it in France, so....
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2004, 04:36 PM   #152
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
By the way, it's an exhibition tournament and will be played on hard. I live in Bariloche, in Patagonia, 1,700 kms away, so will only be able to see it on TV (if they show it!)
I believe it's being televised by ESPN+ which is no good for us here in Europe, - but guess you will be able to see that Vale. And wow - you are so lucky living in Patagonia - it's so beautiful there

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:47 PM   #153
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice lineup, lets hope they are all fit to play (and do attend the event). Hopefully someone is able to supply matches on dvd
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:52 AM   #154
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the translation of a short article published in L'Equipe Magazine yesterday.

The other Paris of Gaudio

From the east to the west, Paris shows too many different faces that so far, only one player has managed to win both RG and Berçy, Andre Agassi. Yesterday, Gaston Gaudio has been added to the long list of French Open winners unable to stand out from the rest at the POBP.
For the Argentinean, the post RG time has not been that glorious. Right after the triumph of his life, he had reached and lost 3 finals in a row, Bastad, Stuttgart and Kitzbuhel. What's new since then? He has only won 2 matches in more than 3 months. This wretched shame can be explained by tiredness and his going through personal hard times. His father has indeed had another heart attack, from which he has not totally recovered so far. His mother too had to deal with health troubles. Anyway, it's not been a great time for the Argentinean, though he's been so happy to walk upon the parisian ground, may it be Taraflex. "I knew that the Berçy surface would not suit me" he said after his 3 sets defeat against Feliciano Lopez. " But I went back once to RG to train (indoor), and it's been such an incredible feeling to do so. I couldn't tread the Center Court underfoot but it was the same. Well, almost the same. This time, the stands were empty." Yesterday, after his loss, Gaudio has left Berçy to go back to RG a last time before leaving the capital for good. Just to pose for the picture and to get heartened again, before next year in may 2005.

That's it. Nothing really new except his mother's health trouble. Don't know where they got this info.

Last edited by Choupi : 11-05-2004 at 09:56 AM.
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #155
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Choupi for translating the article I was only in Paris for a couple of days this year (on my way home from Basel) - I saw Gaston a couple of times, but didn't see his match against Lopez because I had to be back home by then

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 11-05-2004, 11:17 AM   #156
country flag Choupi

At least Rosie, you were in Paris....I wasn't!

Maybe we'll meet there next year either for RG or for Berçy!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:28 AM   #157
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
At least Rosie, you were in Paris....I wasn't!

Maybe we'll meet there next year either for RG or for Berçy!
That would be nice. I am always in RG (at least for the first week), and usually in Bercy for the whole week too. However, - this year I spent 3 weeks away in Vienna, Madrid and Basel prior to Bercy, so when David withdrew from Bercy I just felt it was the right time to come back home, go back to work and start earning some money again for my next trips!

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 11-05-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:45 AM   #158
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Choupi, thanks for that translation! Here in Argentina I read in another forum that his mother had suffered a peak of high blood pressure and had been hospitalized at the same time as his father. I never saw it confirmed officially, but I think it's true. What an awful time he must have gone through!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:22 PM   #159
country flag Choupi

Yes Vale, he must have gone through very difficult times...I didn't know if the info on his mother was confirmed. I was a bit wondering where they got it as I had never read or heard about it before. Poor Gaston, he really must have lived sthg so hard. It's always hard when illness strikes close to you and it is even more when it comes to your parents. I know what I'm talking about, I lost my mum from cancer. I was a little youger than Gaston. So I can perfectly understand all his worrying and the reasons which have kept him away from the courts for so long. I'd really love to see him have a good thrill in Houston, mostly to prove the "unbelieving ones" that he's strong enough to have dealt with serious personal trouble as well as with getting fit for the Masters Cup.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #160
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
That would be nice. I am always in RG (at least for the first week), and usually in Bercy for the whole week too. However, - this year I spent 3 weeks away in Vienna, Madrid and Basel prior to Bercy, so when David withdrew from Bercy I just felt it was the right time to come back home, go back to work and start earning some money again for my next trips!
Rosie, I'll be in RG the 1st week too. Still don't know exactly when, either the friday or the weekend. Depends on a friend's possibility to come with and on the kindness of my boss! But sure, I'll be there!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:33 PM   #161
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Rosie, I'll be in RG the 1st week too. Still don't know exactly when, either the friday or the weekend. Depends on a friend's possibility to come with and on the kindness of my boss! But sure, I'll be there!
Look forward to it And by the way - just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about your Mum. I also lost my Mum when I was younger than Gaston, so I know what it is like to suffer in that way. I know he likes to keep things like this private and within the family and close friends, which is why it has not been mentioned here much before, and I can totally understand that.

Take care,

Love,

Rosie

Old 11-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #162
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Look forward to it And by the way - just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about your Mum. I also lost my Mum when I was younger than Gaston, so I know what it is like to suffer in that way. I know he likes to keep things like this private and within the family and close friends, which is why it has not been mentioned here much before, and I can totally understand that.

Take care,

Love,

Rosie
Thank you Rosie for your kind msg. I'm sincerely touched. And of course I can totally understand that this should remain private for Gaston. Though knowing it now helps to see things differently.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:37 AM   #163
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute

Choupi, I'm really sorry too [also to Rosie]. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost one of my parents. My mom had to go through a tough time once but thank God she's perfect now. I understand too why Gaston like to keep this things private, I mean it's hard to talk about those issues.

Now about that article [sorry for the sudden change of subject], Choupi, could you show us by any chance that picture they mention at the article, that he got taken when he practiced at RG? I looked for it at l'equipe's website but couldn't find it .

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 02:56 AM   #164
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translations and of course it's understandable that Gaston wants to keep things private when it concerns his family.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:11 AM   #165
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri
Choupi, I'm really sorry too [also to Rosie]. I wouldn't know what to do if I lost one of my parents. My mom had to go through a tough time once but thank God she's perfect now. I understand too why Gaston like to keep this things private, I mean it's hard to talk about those issues.

Now about that article [sorry for the sudden change of subject], Choupi, could you show us by any chance that picture they mention at the article, that he got taken when he practiced at RG? I looked for it at l'equipe's website but couldn't find it .
Adri, I'm sorry but I can't help on this coz the pic they mentioned was not taken by them. I think it must have been some official shooting but I still don't know where it's gonna be published. I'll let you know as soon as I get the info.
And thanks for my Mum...

Last edited by Choupi : 11-07-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Choupi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote