In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You!

1) What caused you to join MTF?

i joined WTAworld 1st, but my general love of tennis found me here to.

2) Which are your favorite tennis players and why do you like them?

monica seles was my 1st tennis playing idol, since then simon, chakvetadze, del potro and pierce have all become my faves.

monica was such a great competitor, i couldn't help but root for her. i love del potros clean ball striking, chakvetadze is such a clean hitter to and when playing well can make power hitters look stupid. simon is fun to watch when counter-punching and is smoking hot, pierce was the best 'ball basher' i've ever seen.

3) What are your 10 favorite songs?

tori amos - josephine
alanis morissette - not as we
forienier - hot blooded
tracy chapman - fast car
fugees - killing me softly
tori amos - riot poof
joan osbourne - one of us
sheryl crow - resusitation
spice girls - goodbye
tori amos - playboy mommy

4) What is your philosophy of life in general?

just to be the best person i can be. to try not to get wrapped up in the bad things in my life and concentrate on the good.

5) What are your best and worst traits?

my best and worst trait are the same thing, i cant say no to people. if people ask me to do things, i will to the detriment of myself sometimes, always try to do it for them. i sometimes lose myself because im so busy trying to please others.

6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?

alan carrs autobiography, its such a laugh but touching as well.

V for vendetta - great film really made me think about where lifes going and whether i could actually side with a terrorist

7) What would you have written in your epitaph?

'he was the man he wanted to be'

8) Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?

im a liverpool fan (football), i play badminton, i watch snooker and rugby.

9) What countries would you like to visit and why?

dubai just to see what it feels like to be around such money, toronto just looks a great place

10) If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?

be yourself, and lover yourself because untill you accept and love yourself others will never truely be able to either.

11) Which are your favorite quotes?

'we build our lives out of chaos and hope'

to my father - 'i know what it means to be made of you, but never enough for you'

12) What is that you most love and hate?

well tennis is a love and passion and always has been. music is a very big part of my life and i love songs with meaningful lyrics (hence my list of songs).
i hate that everyone doesn't have an equal chance in life.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 AM   #17
country flag Lemon Custard

Lemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond reputeLemon Custard has a reputation beyond repute

What caused you to join MTF?
My friends don’t like tennis, I wanted to keep up with tennis competition that isn’t covered on Australian television and I wanted to work on my French.

Which are your favourite tennis players and why do you like them?
Currently...
Richard Gasquet: His incredible backhand and I’m Australian, so I’m genetically predisposed to love an underdog.
Lleyton Hewitt: The epic long matches that have kept me in Rod Laver Arena until all hours of the morning and his feisty never say die attitude.
Chris Guccione: I go out of my way to watch him at the Aus Open every year in the faith that this year is gonna be the one. So far... not so good. We’ll get there eventually!
There are many more, but eh..

What are your 10 favourite songs?
I generally work in favourite albums rather than individual songs, so this question took me a long long time and the answers are likely to change in about 20 minutes. In no particular order...
Something Corporate - Punk Rock Princess
Radiohead - Karma Police
Doesn’t matter who - Gethsemane (from Jesus Christ Superstar)
Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive
Finch - What is to Burn
Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
Matchbox 20 - You Won’t Be Mine
Meat Loaf - Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad
Glenn Miller (doesn’t matter who is singing it) - Serenade in Blue
Anthony Warlow (NOT Josh Groban!) - Anthem (from Chess)

What is your philosophy of life in general?
I don’t really have one and I’m starting to think that’s my problem...

What are your best and worst traits?
I’m both outspoken and shy at the same time, so people think I’m being rude when I’m just nervous, and as a consequence, very few people understand where I’m coming from. I honestly don’t know about good traits. I have an intense need to tell a good and accurate story, I guess, so that’s why I’m in theatre and dramaturgy...

If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
Book: John Berger - And Our Faces, My Heart, Brief as Photos. Because it changed the way I look at life.
Movie: Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Because it describes me better than I could possibly describe myself. I feel like I’m on stage all the time.

What would you have written in your epitaph?
Amy - It's ok, no one else understood her either...

Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?
(Australian) Basketball, Formula 1, V8 Supercars...

What countries would you like to visit and why?
France, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Greek Islands. I’d also like to explore my own country a little bit more.

If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?
Suck it up and get it done. No one is cute when they whinge.

Which are your favourite quotes?

"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you."
- Paul Newman.

"The river is everywhere at once, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the rapids, in the sea, in the mountains, everywhere at once, and that there is only the present time for it, not the shadow of the past, not the shadow of the future"
- Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha.

What is that you most love and hate?

Love: Honesty, reliability, my friends, my family. Sleep’s pretty freaking awesome too.
Hate: Intolerance, racism, misunderstanding, assumptions, ignorance and really really stupid people.

Last edited by Lemon Custard : 12-30-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Lemon Custard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #18
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I was never a big fan of internet forums but then I tried to give a go to a tennis forum since its the sport i play fairly well since as a kid, altough I was not watching much in recent years.

I like Söderling since 2006 when he defeated Brazil in DC.
Powerful player with a shy personality.
Other players I like Mardy Fish (I like his style), Grosjean (I liked to watch his matches 5-10 years ago), Guga (made me start playing).

The Cure- One Hundred Years
Muse- Hate this and I will Love You
Syd Barrett- Late Night
Jamie Cullum- All at the Sea
Milton Nascimento- Cais
Django Reinhardt - Minor Swing
Chopin- Ballade nr.1
Rachmaninov- Piano Concerto nr.3
some others...

Enjoy the people who think like you, respect the others.

I´m sincere.
I´m shy and prefer to be off spotlight in real life.

6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?

Book- The Citadel, A.J.Cronin, first serious book I read.
Movie-Big Fish, to relax.

Never forget to feed your Vestal flame.

Football and Hockey.

At the moment, no one.
I feel I still has a lot of things to do here in Brazil.

Carpe Diem.

"Theres no dark side of moon, really. As a matter of fact its all dark."
"

Love when true emotions echo by, hate when people are sensibleless.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 12-13-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 AM   #19
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
had enough with RF.com forums, so I decided to join a more balanced community, and the first forum I stumbled upon was MTF

Quote:
besides the obvious, Roger Federer whom I admire for so many different reasons, it's usually a "fan at first sight, or well a match in this case" story for me but in general I have to enjoy watching the guy playing and enjoy his brand of tennis and like something or many things about his personality/character and the way he handles himself both on and off the court, the list includes Santoro, Dent, Kiefer, Koellerer, Nalbandian, Feliciano Lopez, Roddick, Tipsarevic, Davydenko, Safin, Gasquet, Ferrer and Youzhny.

Quote:
off the top of my head, in no particular order, and because I don't go out without having them with me to listen to:

Enta Omri - Oum Kalthoum
Kalemat - Majida Al Roumi
Playing By Heart - Yanni
Scars of Time - Chrono Cross OST
Ya Rab - Marwan Khoury Ft. Carol Samaha
The Dreamers - Yuki Kajiura
Mezame - Yuki Kajiura
I Talk To The Rain - Yuki Kajiura
A Song of Storm and Fire - Yuki Kajiura
Not Me Not I - Delta Goodrem

Quote:
life is unjust, but you can be.

Quote:
I don't reflect too much on how I behave really, but I think I'm a level-headed person who is always open to life and new experiences all around me, I have a good disposition and always assume the best in others around me until proven otherwise.

on the bad side, hmm.. sometimes I can be apathetic which could hurt those around me.

Quote:
different things to different people, but almost everything Al-Aqqad wrote is a must read IMO, and no particular movie comes to mind.

Quote:
see ya soon!

Quote:
table tennis and football.

Quote:
Japan again!!! and USA, Australia and Spain for many reasons.

Quote:
treat others the way you like them to treat you.

Quote:
alot of them, but one in particular comes to mind now: "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

Quote:
I love innocence, purity and authenticity, and hate hypocrisy, generalization and pretentiousness.
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
country flag Manon
@Casteldurante

Manon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond reputeManon has a reputation beyond repute

Friend have sent me link since I'd been supermod on some big ex yu (www.exyuteam.org) forum (mostly satellite/software) but followed sports. My nick Manon is still there.

Novak, Verdasko, Gonzalez, Roddick...(like their tennis) but I've started to follow tennis in early '80es coz of McEnroe, Lendl, later Becker, Agassi and, above all, for me the best player ever > Stefan Edberg.

Nick Cave - 'I had a dream, Joe'
Leonard Cohen - 'Everybody knows'
Tish Hinijosa - 'Cambio'
Cult, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Joy Division, Dinosaur Jr. Hüsker Dü - all from them.
Muse - 'Plug in baby'

Mozart - Requiem and simphony No. 36

Shit happens.

I'm a good friend.
I'm not a good Manon's friend.

Book > Knut Hamsun - 'Growth of the Soil'
Movie > 'Big Blue'

'Nosce te Ipsum'

Tennis is not my first and the only. In important order:
1. Biathlon
2. Football
3. Waterpolo
4. Tennis
5. Formula 1

Ireland (Bray). Basque cities, Australia (Perth). Reason > friends, culture, views...

-----------------------

'Nosce Te Ipsum'

Hate > all 'I know all and the best of all' people whatever topic is. So a few very strong contenders here on MTF. I hate techno, trance, dance...'music'.

Love > when I'm in love, my job, my son, best friend Larah, sister, certain people, a few cities...

Novak Djokovic, Huan Martin Del Potro, Monaco, Berdych....
Manon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Not much has changed for me in almost one year
But maybe you could think about some new questions for this thread instead Sue
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I can't exactly remember, but I think it must have been after Fed lost to Fish in 2008. That's my earliest memory of lurking in this forum. I joined when I saw an annoying comment and I thought I had to respond. It took a little while though for my account to be accepted.

Tim Henman will always have a special place in my heart. He won the first full tennis match that I sat through and I loved his style.

Out of the active players, it's:

Federer (love almost everything about him ), Gasquet (backhand, crappy forehand, English accent, his Frenchiness, headcasyness), Wawrinka (his powerful backhand, his motion on serve and he's Swiss and has a nice butt ), Ancic (his volleys and many memorable matches), Baghdatis (his shotmaking, spirit on court and contagious/infectious smile), Chardy (his forehand and him), Tsonga (all court player, a big forehand, explosive and simply entertaining to watch), Soderling, Pim Pim (my Swedish bias coming through but both are fun to watch generally), Chiudinelli (a talented player whose ranking hadn't done him much justice until recently, in the top 100 now), Haas, Nishikori, Lammer, Ferrero, Nieminen, ...

...Bogdanovic.

Other players I like to watch but not necessarily a so called "fan" of: Djokovic, Gulbis, Youzhny, Cilic, Zverev, Ferrer, Safin.

These kind of questions are so hard to answer. I really struggle to list them... but I can list what I'm currently listening to and loving.

Keane - Bad Dream
Regina Spektor - Samson, Laughing With, Blue Lips, Lady
Paloma Faith - Play On
Paolo Nutini - Last Request
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
KT Tunstall - Under the Weather
Florence and the Machine - Drumming
The Big Pink - Dominos
John Mayer - Bold as love
Fugees - Killing me Softly

What is your philosophy of life in general?

You will never achieve what you never begin.

^^^ That doesn't mean I follow it.

What are your best and worst traits?

My worst traits are that I procrastinate a lot and I don't learn from it. I don't necessarily leave it to the last minute but it's enough to make me stress out like never before each time. I'm quite shy in public - that has cost me a few times: not being able to say what's on my mind and then regretting it. Oh and the feeling of regret is another bad trait - I go through every day thinking it was wrong to do this and that. I think indecisiveness is another bad trait of mine.

Good traits? I like to think of myself as a trustworthy and an honest person. I think I have good ears and I like to listen.

If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?

I've read a lot of books that I'd like to reccomend people, but the story of loyalty (amongst other things) in The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini left me crying at one stage. A recent book that I've read and liked is The Girl in Times Square by Paula Simons.

Movies? Just watch the Bourne series (action at its finest) and your life will be complete. It's not my favourite as such but I love that trilogy and Matt Damon is amazing.

What would you have written in your epitaph?

Here lies Nadine, sorry for not waking up.

Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?

A LOT of sports.

Formula 1 - love the unpredictability of it, the sound of those cars along straights, the drivers' intensity come crunch time, the overtaking, the spectacle, the incidents, the rain and the brilliance of one team and/or a driver throughout an entire season. And Kimi Raikkonen.

MotoGP [Dani Pedrosa], Football (soccer) [Arsenal, Sweden], Athletics [Carolina Kluft], Snooker [Ding, O'Sullivan], Swimming, Winter Sports, Boxing (my brother, a boxer, got me into that ) and so the list goes on and on.

The only sports I hate with a vengeance are cricket and bullfighting (if it's considered a sport ).

What countries would you like to visit and why?

Australia - so big, hot, colourful. Sydney

Italy - never been there - would like to go to Rome and Venice definitely.

Spain - I don't know why, but I'm studying Spanish so it would be appropriate to tour the country.

Egypt - So much history.

If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?

If it is not right do not do it, if it is not true do not say it.

Which are your favourite quotes?

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow a mystery, Today? - A gift"

"The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart." - - Robert G. Ingersoll

What is that you most love and hate?

Love: My family, honesty, chocolate, music, new experiences, water, life.

Hate: Intolerance, fear, racism (or any -ism), cancer, fickleness, snails/slugs, dependence.

Last edited by Dini : 10-25-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Adding what I forgot to initially add.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #23
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well i was searching what time the Murray vs Nadal match would start after the rain delay (USO 08) and i ended up here, and i only read this forum till the beginning of 2009, when i finally decided i wanted to join in the fun.

Just to say a few:
Murray - British and i like his attitude off court
Monfils - Funny
Tsonga - Again funny
Berdych - Hot and i love his game.
Del Potro - Lanky and i love his personality
Verdasco - Hot and cool
Bellucci - Sometimes reminds me of myself for some wierd reason
Robredo - Great player who i feel is under-rated by many people
Seppi - My mate's fave player and he kept talking about him, and then i started to like what i heard.

Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me
The Medic Droid - Fer Sure
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On
All American Rejects - Gives You Hell
All For One - I Swear
Bobby Valentino - Anonymous
Slipknot - Psychosocial
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Jay Sean - Down
Timberland - Apologise

I'll continue this some other time
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

- Google and the fact that they don't let you view attacthments when you aren't a member =p

- Juan Carlos Ferrero - because he's nice and likes cars, and isn't showy
- Juan Martin del Potro - because he's emotional
- Andre Agassi - because he's bald
- Rafael Nadal - he seems more approachable than Roger and he plays left handed
- Marat Safin - because he's psycho

In all honesty I don't watch tennis just for the love of the game. I watch because the guys are cute. I love tennis, don't get me wrong, but I love playing tennis. ATP is my entertainment Except for Andre. I don't think he's cute

1) All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
2) 4AM - Kaskade
3) Painted on my Heart - The Cult
4) Back ont the Road Again - REO Speedwagon
5) Fight the Good Fight - Triumph
6) Carry on my Wayward Son - Kansas
7) Be Mine - Kohomua
8) Starstruck - Lady Gaga
9) Absurd (Whitewash Edit) - Fluke
10) The Winner Takes it All - Meryl Streep (from Mamma Mia! soundtrack)

- Life sucks and the world is not kind, but if you keep on fighting, you'll find places and people you feel safe with.

Best - I'm very caring and considerate.
Worst - I'm a shopaholic and work too hard to please others.

Book - Pride and Prejudice
Movie - Fight Club or The Boondock Saints ... I can't decide.

Here lies Mischa.Masha.Moo. Beloved daughter, sister, aunt, friend. She was fucking awesome.

"To write love on her arms"

Does drifting count? I like motorsport.

Philippines - all of my mom's family is there and I've never met them
Spain - I fell in love with Spain from Chapter one in my beginning Spanish Class. And the tennis players are hot
Fiji - I think it's cool
Thailand - DhammaTiger makes it sound soooooo awesome. And I want to meet an elephant.
Italy - So I can eat real italian food.

Be brave and stand up for yourself, don't let anyone bring you down. Essentially, don't be like me.

"Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

"You can be gorgeous at 20, charming at 40, and irresistible for the rest of your life" - Coco Chanel

"Rocco: Fuckin'- What the fuckin'. Fuck. Who the fuck fucked this fucking... How did you two fucking fucks...
[shouts]
Rocco: Fuck!
Connor: Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word. " Boondock Saints

Love - my immediate family and some of my outside family, my subaru and my sunglasses, and ice cream. new tennis balls and freshly strung racquets.
Hate - bigots and inequality. flat tennis balls. when idiots are on the court fooling around or just sitting there because "they can"

was that the end?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I was a member of the now closed Marat Safin board - the guy from russia - and through that site, I found this one.. it had more people on it plus I could obviously discuss other players, so I decided to join

Marat Safin - I love his game, I love his attitude (on and off court) and I love his looks
Baghdatis - I love his attitude - such a nice guy, plus it's a patriotic thing, with me being Greek
Djokovic - I think he's funny and his game is well rounded - I didn't like when his head got real big there for a while, but, he seems to have toned it down a bit
Fed - I'm not a huge Fed fan, but his game is undeniably just incredible to watch as a true fan of the sport

Imagine - John Lennon
Indifference - Pearl Jam
Is It Any Wonder - Keane
Riders on the Storm - The Doors
Let Me Think About It - Ida Corr and Fedde Le Grand
One For My Baby - Frank Sinatra
Sing for Absolution - Muse
Sittin on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
Talk Show Host - Radiohead
In the Waiting Line - Zero 7

Treat people as you would like to be treated and expect nothing from anyone.

Best - Extremely loyal
Worst - Insecurity

6) If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
Book(s):
The Vampire Lestat - Anne Rice
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand
Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella (hilarious book!)

Here lives a good woman who lived her life without fear

New England Patriots Football, World Cup Soccer

Spain - looks beautiful
Monaco - just love being around all that wealth
Austria - not sure why - it looks beautiful and I love Mozart
Russia - I've heard St. Petersberg is gorgeous and would love to see crazy Moscow
I would also like to see more of the countries I've already visited - France, Italy and Greece

Don't lose sight of your passions - if you do what you love, the money will follow.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The Unexamined Life is Not Worth Living" - Socrates
"My friend, there is nothing so sexy as a woman who is angry. Perhaps when she is even throwing things." - Marat Safin (in my signature)
"As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!" - Coco Chanel

Love - my family
Hate - ignorance
Old 10-31-2009, 09:34 PM   #26
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

I was googling around and found a thread here with some hilarious posts. I decided to join, because I wanted to have people to talk tennis with, that I could learn from. I don't have many tennis enthusiasts around me normally.

Robin Soderling - He isn't always behaving politically correct but he's not really mean, he's just a no bullshit kind of guy... and I appreciate that. Then he messed up Nadal in RG, which just made me like him even more. And since then his game's become even better. I like his aggressive, powerful playing style. Always have a great time watching him.
Roger Federer - Because of his grace on the court. Looks like he's dancing out there. He masters every aspect of the game. It's simply a privilege to be able to see the greatest player that has ever lived in action.

Whoa... It's not like I have a top 100 music list xD. Well, I'll just name 10 songs that I really like.
Switchfoot - Dare you to move
Evanescence - Bring me to life
Delirious - Deeper
30 seconds to mars - From yesterday
Janne da Arc - Gekkouka
Jason Mraz - Wordplay
3 doors down - Kryptonite
The Fray - How to save a life
Quiet Drive - Rise from the ashes
Rascal Flatts - Life is a highway

There is a God, who can give your life purpose.

Best: Smart, funny, good-hearted.
Worst: Rebellious.

6) If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
Uh, I could go on forever on this one. Let's settle for one movie and one book.
Movie: The Matrix (1999).
Book: War of the Flowers by Tad Williams.

"Beloved husband, father and grandfather
He died happily without regrets."

I like MANY sports, but I'll name 2 here...
Soccer. Played it all my life, though having a break right now.
Squash =D. I just started practicing that in a club.

New Zeeland: Love the nature and the dialect. Also, people there seem nice.
Australia: Same reasons.
Japan: Interesting culture. Also like the language.
USA: Well, it's just a country you SHOULD have visited before you die. (And I'm GOING to, in April. LA for 2 weeks =D)

I'll try not to sound too clichéd here... check for yourself if God exists or not, and keep an open mind. That really is my life advice.

Argh, all I can come up with are movie lines I really like. How pathetic is that. I don't really have a quote that has affected my life... so I'll just skip this one.

Love: The night sky, God, playing guitar, laughing, my family & friends...
Hate: Spiders. And malfunctioning computers.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #27
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

I see that Nadine is getting her own thread, which is fine as she is a lovely lady.

But for others who want talk about themselves, feel free to post here
Old 12-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #28
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You! 2009 Edition

I'm gonna give this a go, seeing as I am awake and can't go back to sleep.

I was a long time guest, but wanted to see attachments.

Marat - Beautiful Game, beautiful character, beautiful man and incredible to watch as you cannae predict whats gonna happen.

Richie - Amazing grass courter, droolworthy backhand, volleys like an old styler and he is just a sweetie

Chardy- Lovely bloke, with an impressive game, parallels to Fed aren't wrong.

Feddie- Can't fault him, even the 'weak' BH is amazing. Just wonderful. His love of tennis really shows, and it makes him more watchable IMO.

I kinda pick people that do something interesting on court, so you'll always be surprised. I am missing Timmy, Goran and Paddy Rafter and fast grass, and S&V and am gonna miss Santoro now too.

Give ya itunes most played, Mogwai and Loreena McKennitt have two songs, cos the playcount is the same

Sigur Ros - Untitled 3
Orbital - Halcyon + On + On
Loreena McKennitt - Prospero's Speech & Full Circle
Rob Dougan - Clubbed To Death
La Roux - In For The Kill
Pearl Jam - Indifference
Mogwai - Killing All The Flies & Stop Coming To My House
The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Deep Purple - Child in Time
Beyonce - Halo

Do one brave thing each day, and treat others like you'd like to be treated.

I am very unconfident, and chronically shy and think way too much, but I am fiercely loyal, and a good listener, and funny, or so I'm told. Usual word bandied around in descriptions is 'lovely'

Books - The Master & Margarita, To Kill A Mockingbird, Snoopy & Charlie Brown

Films - The Godfather Part I & II, Pink Panthers (Sellers), Amelie, Les Vacances de M. Hulot

Don't like to think of that

Playing/Doing - Swimming and Table Tennis
Watching - Formula 1, WC or Euro Cup football - I get patriotic then for some reason.

ummmm, Sicily is No.1, Cuba, St. Petes and Moscow: Russia, Buenos Aires: Argentina, but I wanna live France and Italy.

Everyone has a part to play, no one is worthless

Hakuna Matata

Hope is a waking dream.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

I hate very little, don't like to waste time & energy on that. Although I make three exceptions: my stepmother and my thyroid and spiders

I love my mother, brother and my dog (RIP).
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #29
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute

the donnas
Old 12-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #30
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was a tennis junkie before I found MTF, and was searching around google for some news and came across MTF. The rest, as they say, is history.

Quote:
See the siggie. I am a bit strange when it comes to favorites, I like players that play a wide variety of styles from Nadal to Dent. I like players that are less than 6 foot tall, as am I, because I feel it takes even more skill to win at a shorter height. I like headcases, mental rocks, chokers, shotmakers, grinders, really anyone that piques my interest. I like a player with a strong work ethic, not afraid to speak his mind. Its easy for me to support a player that has been through some shit in his life whether it be injury or otherwise.

Quote:
Impossible. Like my range of tennis players, my taste in music is just as diverse. Anything from Metallica to Lil Wayne, Beethoven to Daddy Yankee.

Quote:
I feel that the meaning of life is to have as much fun as humanly possible. Work as hard as you possibly can at whatever it is you want in life and even if you should fall short, you can sleep at night knowing you did your absolute best. Stay humble, or be humbled.

Quote:
My compassion, empathy, and personal connection that I can make with most anyone I meet. Bad traits? I'll admit, I can be a bit cocky at times, a bit overconfident, and sometimes a downright complete asshole. But I'm trying to curtail that, especially with women, although it does get me success in that area.

Quote:
I'm a big fan of mafioso movies. The Godfather 1 and 2, The Untouchables, Goodfellas, etc. As for books, I love reading biographies of famous people.

Quote:
Don't die wondering what if....

Quote:
Basically anything. American football and basketball are #2 and #3 after tennis, though.

Quote:
Anywhere I can get to. I love seeing the world and meeting women people from all over the world and seeing how they live and their culture.

Quote:
Depends on the person I'm giving the advice to and what they need advice with. My answer to #7 would probably suffice in most situations, though.

Quote:
"We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict."- Jim Morrison

"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."- Jim Morrison

"This fast life soon shatters, cause after all the lights and screams, nothing but my dreams matter."- Tupac Shakur

"I didn't get that power from gunz..coz there's no gunz in jail..I got that power from books and from thinking and strategizing...... That's what I want little niggaz to see"- Tupac Shakur

"I always wanted to be honest with myself and to those who have had faith in me"- Rafael Nadal

"I learned my lesson a long time ago not to take anything for granted."- Rafael Nadal

"Sometimes you just gotta let shit go and say to "hell with it" and move on"- Eminem

"I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it."- Eminem

Quote:
I love when I see other people happy and enjoying themselves. I love seeing people smile. I love tennis, women, and partying. I love most anything positive in this world.

I hate to see people taking advantage of someone else. I hate seeing a bully beating up a nerd.

I hate when there is hate and I love where there is love.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 12-17-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote