In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59!

These "in the spotlight" threads are very cool. However, there are many posters here who do not have one of these threads that are also interesting and so I believe that everyone should have a chance to talk about themselves, if they choose to do so.

1) What caused you to join MTF?
2) Which are your favorite tennis players and why do you like them?
3) What are your 10 favorite songs?
4) What is your philosophy of life in general?
5) What are your best and worst traits?
6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
7) What would you have written in your epitaph?
8) Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?
9) What countries would you like to visit and why?
10) If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?
11) Which are your favorite quotes?
12) What is that you most love and hate?
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
country flag Gamblore

Gamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond reputeGamblore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - Everybody!

Quote:
I liked the layout and decided to join, plus some of the people are genuinly nice.
Quote:
I like Nadal as he is the most dominant and skillful player on clay. He is a monster on the surface.
Quote:
Very hard question for anyone to answer imo. STUMPED!
Quote:
I believe life is a gift and that being on this planet is a lesson and spiritual journey for us all.
Quote:
Kind person/Abit lazy
Quote:
6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
Conversations with God/Scarface
Quote:
He never stopped giving, a generous person.
Quote:
Football and MLB
Quote:
Peru, Argentina, Brazil, because of the futbol and sexy ladies
Quote:
Enjoy the simple things in life.
Quote:
Haven't one.
Quote:
I love being able to not hate. Hate is a strong word.
Gamblore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You!

Nice idea to have a general thread Pfloyd

I'll give it a try:

I was already a member of Roger's official forum and several other forums of my other interests, but then I thought it would be nice to join a general tennis forum and so I joined the board and it became quickly the one I visit the most.

I'm following tennis since nearly 25 years now and had a lot of players who I liked, but my 2 main favourites are Gustavo Kuerten and Roger Federer.

Guga is special for me as I enjoyed his tennis, his behaviour on and off the court. He always seemed to have a great time when he played, was so loose and happy. Beside this I treasure a lot how he dealed with the destiny of his family.

Roger is special for me as it is such a joy to watch him play. I was always really into the matches of my favourite players (being nervous, screaming, being happy when they won, being disappointed when they lost), but to follow Roger's career is even more for me. I'm amazed how he is able to put disappointments behind him and staying so focused. It's obvious how much he cares for the game and the tradition.
It's great to see that such a successful athlete is able to stay down to earth, being friendly to his opponents on the tour and getting a lot of respect from them. Roger has a great way to communicate with other people, not just the players, but also the crowd and his fans. It was great for me to be able to meet him this year for a short moment.

There are so many songs I like that I can't really rank them. As my favourite musical decade were the 80ies most of the songs I like are from that time.

Enjoy every moment and be nice to other people

Best: I'm reliable, diplomatic and polite
Worst: I can be unforgiving, it's difficult for me to say "no" and I hide very often my feelings

There are so many great books which would be worth to read and as I work in a library I have to recommend books every day, but taste is different so I always say just try if you like the book.

A must-see movie is surely Schindler's List.

I have never thought about this.

Soccer and swimming.

Norway and Australia. I'm a fan of the Norwegian musicband a-ha since 1987 and have heard a lot about the country, but unfortunately I have never been there myself so far. I also like to see Australia as I have read many books about the country and the history, but as I'm afraid of flying it will probably just remain a dream to go there one day

Be nice and tolerate each other

Way to many to mention.

I love my family and people who are near to me. I also love children, books and dogs.
Hate is a very strong feeling, but of course you can't deny such when you hear in the media about the things people are able to do to each other, especially abusing and killing children.

Last edited by Eden : 12-24-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd met Kristen (poster here) on the now defunct ATP website chatroom and been friends with her for quite a while. She found this place and I followed her here
Quote:
Stefan Edberg was my first tennis love and I also used to be a big fan of Yevgeny Kafelnikov. I became friends with Kristen because Bjorkman was both our favourite player at the time and he's always got a special place for me.

Now though, my favourite player ever is Andrei Pavel because of wonderful personality he has and the lovely way he has treated me as a fan. I've had some fantastic experiences at the Australian Open in the last few years and he is responsible for it
Quote:
Too hard a question. I like a lot of music in different styles - mainly 80s pop, 60's pop and my favourite band now is Muse
This is the list that I posted in the 5 favourite song thread...
(not in order)
Uptown Girl - Billy Joel (I realise he has many better songs but this is my happy song that picks me up when I'm feeling down )
Musica - Paolo Meneguzzi
If I Fell - The Beatles
Map of the Problematique - Muse
Amigos Para Siempre - Jose Carreras and Sarah Brightman
It's All Been Done - Barenaked Ladies
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners
Move in a Little Closer - Mama Cass
Explosive - Bond
Quote:
I don't have one
Quote:
Best: reliable, friendly
Worst: non-ambitious, anxious, too pendantic
Quote:
6) If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
I don't read books... I don't know about movie recommenations. My favourite movies are the Star Wars movies - don't know that they need to be recommended though
Quote:
No idea!
Quote:
What sports AREN'T I a fan of I love football. It's my #1, I also love Australian Rules footy, cricket, horse racing, baseball, rugby league.
Quote:
I want to go back to Canada for a 2nd time. Awesome country, fell in love with it.

Also want to go to Ecuador, Argentina, most places in Europe - esp Spain, Romania, Poland, Croatia, Hungary, Switzerland, England
Quote:
Don't give up on your dreams
Quote:
I don't really have any
Quote:
I LOVE sport, my family, travelling, good food
I hate my anxiety which makes me seem stand-offish to some people and takes away my confidence.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #5
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for participating . Now, if you guys will allow me to self-indulge for one post, I'd like to answer my own questions

I first heard about this website from my uncle, who is also a poster here (though he is not a frequent poster). I remember I used to be a frequent lurker to the GM section and would enjoy the comments and observations of many posters here. But some annoyed me. One in particular, Prima Donna, was very verbose and talked with a tone of cockiness that was a bit annoying. So one day, after a particularly nasty comment about Nadal, I just had to join and tell him a piece of my mind Turns out me and PD get along quite well and although we don't agree on anything really, I for one respect him for being a person of a different perspective than mine and we have interesting debates.

I used to be a very infrequent tennis follower. I used to watch a few Ferrero and Kuerten matches and I've always played tennis (badly ). One day, my uncle (again, an important figure in my life) called me and said "Hey dude, put on ESPN" and watch this new spanish talent Nadal. It was the Miami final vs. Federer, and although he lost the match, it was so fun and exciting that I became a loyal tennis follower. Besides Nadal, I like Hewitt, Blake, Tsonga, Baghdatis, Safin and many other players.

This is a tough one, and will probably be subject to change in the future, but I can conjure up a list. In no particular order I like:

1) Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
2) Piano Man by Billy Joel
3) Tiny Dancer by Elton John
4) Highway to Hell by AC/DC
5) Guavaberry by Juan Luis Guerra
6) Black Dog by Led Zeppelin
7) The End of It All by John Tejada
8) De Musica Ligera by Soda Sterio
9) La Donna E Mobile - The Three Tenors
10) Shine on You Crazy Diamond (pts. 1-5) by Pink Floyd

Be nice to others as often as you can. But at the same time realize that the one person you are going to have to depend on for the rest of your life is yourself. Try to have an open mind, but be skeptic enough to know that not all ideas are of equal value and truth.

Like with all people, I believe the best way to know yourself is through self examination and the anlysis of close friends and family. The type of people who will not lie to you. This way, you can avoid fooling yourself. Having said that.

Best Traits: Open minded and friendly.

Worst Traits: Can be very shy, too egotistical and can I often let others take advantage of my kindness.

I'd say I have 3 books that make up my way of thinking: The Science of Good and Evil by Michael Shermer, Truth, Knowledge and Bullshit: How to tell the Difference by Bernard Patten and The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge.

Movies are more for fun than anything else, I reccomend:

Pulp Fiction
Stranger than Fiction

I love Roger Waters quote in the song "Breathe":

"For long you live and how you fly, the smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry, all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be".

Soccer

and

Golf

In order, I would love to visit:

1) Australia
2) The Netherlands
3) South Africa

There is a lot of advice one can give others. I like to keep mine simple and broad:

Avoid making assumptions. It will save you a lot of trouble.

Besides the brilliant "If" by Rudyard Kipling, which is more a poem than a quote, I really like and reflect upon the following quote attributed to Confucius:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."

This is a very general question, but I will attempt to answer it anyway.

The thing I most love, I'd say, is knowledge.

Although people say hate is a strong word (which it is), they arent afraid to say what they love. I believe hate is a real feeling that we also have to acknowledge. I probably hate arrogance and people who claim superiority the most.

Last edited by Pfloyd : 12-24-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:17 AM   #6
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Searching for "Gambill"+"gay" in yahoo
Kafelnikov, Davenport, Seles, Pierce, Davydenko, Hingis, Schuettler. Aside from Hingis, i like players with an all business aproach. No celebrities
I adore most Madonna's early 90s songs : Erotica, Secret, Justify my love, Ray of Ligth, Take a bow, Vogue, You'll see, I'll remember, this used to be my playground.

Best: honesty Worst: Lazyness
Book : Flush (Virgina Woolf) Movie: Fargo
lazy bitch
none
Egypt, Australia, France. Why? Egypt, the pyramids. Australia, Australian Opne, Sidney, Kangaroos, Koalas. France, RG, Paris.
Treat others the way you'd like to be treated
See my signature
Love : sex. Hate : I just react when i'm under attack

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Movies:
Murder by Death (1976) (P.Falk, P.Sellers etc.)
Wild Things (1998) (M.Dillon, K.Bacon, N.Campbell, D.Richards)
Rumblefish (1983) (M.Dillon, M.Rourke, D.Hopper, D.Lane, N.Cage)
Fight Club (1999) (B.Pitt, E.Norton)

Rumblefish has fantastic actors, Rourke is a bit underrated and plays possibly his best role in this movie. If you are intelligent, buy it for few money in an online shop.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
country flag safin-rules-no.1

safin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond reputesafin-rules-no.1 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Being banned from WTAworld

2) Davenport (slut), Dokic, Henman and Federer

3) 10 is too many to list when im tipsy - i like rock music in general

4) You are born, life is shit, then you die

5) Best = Kindness
worst = kindness

6) Book = karma sutra
Movie = Beaches

7) "what a fucking waste of time that was"

8) male swimming

9) Australia, so i can kiss a kangaroo

10) If things get tough, take the easy way out.

11) Any by Mother Teresa

12) Love = nothing
Hate = everything
safin-rules-no.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #9
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
1) Being banned from WTAworld

2) Davenport (slut), Dokic, Henman and Federer

3) 10 is too many to list when im tipsy - i like rock music in general

4) You are born, life is shit, then you die

5) Best = Kindness
worst = kindness

6) Book = karma sutra
Movie = Beaches

7) "what a fucking waste of time that was"

8) male swimming

9) Australia, so i can kiss a kangaroo

10) If things get tough, take the easy way out.

11) Any by Mother Teresa

12) Love = nothing
Hate = everything
If That sexy man was your boyfriend, you'd have your pants down all day too

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I was following Massu and Gonzalez and I found this site. Lurked for awhile before I even had an account and then continued to lurk for a bit before posting. What an addiction this place is

I don't have any favorites at this point in time. I just like watching tennis and even better when both players are fighting it out and laying it all on the court. If I had to choose than typically where I post on player forums and now it isn't even that they are all great players. I have just had relatively nice experiences. My hubby however who is not a fan of any sport enjoys watching Fernando Gonzalez but the story behind that can not be shared

Music is my favorite pasttime of all. So there is no way I could limit it to ten. So I will choose 10 bands/solo artists.
Early Santana ( the first 5 albums for me)
Frank Sinatra
Split Enz/ Crowded House/ Neil Finn- all reincarnations of one or another
Beatles
Jonatha Brooke
Talking Heads
Emerson Lake and Palmer ( up to Brain Salad Surgery- then the egos kciked in overtime and the music suffered)
Anything from Brazil- anything
Doobie Brothers
Police/Sting

Kindness and tolerance

Too nice to a fault; it has gotten me into trouble in the past. Thankfully I feel I am over it Compulsively clean ( Although I always tell the family that being obsessive and complusive is a good trait to have in one's doc )

2 books that were great movies: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
and To Kill a Mockingbird

How about on my tombstone? Here lies an honourable woman

Nothing at the moment. Although occasionally I watch swimming and ice skating. Lately they don't hold my interest as I can not get into the athletes themselves these days.

Morocco, Spain, Greece and Israel- Ancestors from the first 2; hubby's favorite place is the Greek Islands so it would be nice to have a second honeymoon there one day; and the last because I am told I have to go

Always keep your sense of humor. And even if you lose it for a time make sure you find it quick.

Way too many to post. Every different signature I have had over my years here has had some great quote or another.

I love my family; I love my profession; I love the folks I work with; and I love my true friends.
I hate arrogance, rudeness and intolerance. If you don't like someone stop going on about it and stay away from them. Says more about you when you can't let it go
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:33 AM   #11
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

I was googling for some tennis info, clicked a link and ended up in this place
I wasn’t planning on staying (hence the very original username) but that was before it became an addiction

I have a lot of players I like and most of them are South-American, but I have a soft spot for a Frenchie, some Italians, a Swiss and some Belgians too.
My favorite player is Canas

Much more then 10, so I can’t answer this.
Some bands or singers I like a lot are Talking Heads, PJ Harvey, Portishead, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Smashing Pumpkins, The Verve, dEUS, Vive la fête, etc…

No need telling that before I’m able to stick to it

Best: loyal to those who deserve it, reliable
Worst: too trusting, anxiety, introvert

6) If you had to recommend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?
Book: I read a lot so there are lots of books I like. Not one in specific. I like to read psychological thrillers
Movie: Many times I have read the book before I see the movie and then mostly the movie disappoints

She wasn’t that bad after all, but you had to take the trouble getting to know her

I like athletics but not enough time to follow it closely

I love nature so that would be all places with impressive nature. I love the mountains, the forest and the sea so the 3 of them together is a bonus

Don’t make the mistakes I’m making all the time

None in particular.

Love: my man, my mom, my dogs and true friends. And there will always be a special place for my dad but he died 15yrs ago.
Hate: dishonesty and disloyalty
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Hadn't had the Internet for very long at home, and was just doing a Google search on tennis in general, and found MTF.

I like many players, especially Djokovic, Tipsarevic, Ferrer, Tursunov and Youzhny. I like players with humour and personality on and off court.

3) What are your 10 favourite songs?
Far too many favourites to mention, but my favourite bands are Genesis, Rush and Pink Floyd, and I love the music of the 80's, - so things like Icehouse, early U2, Annie Lennox.

Life is very short, so try and live each day fully, and try not to hurt any other living creatures.

Best: Kindness, loyal to my friends, pretty easy-going.
Worst: Way too emotional and cry far too much

Book: Dr. Zhivago, Anna Karenina, .
Movie: Welcome to Sarajevo

She was a good person.

None really, though I quite enjoy watching figure skating sometimes.

I'm very fortunate - I've travelled extensively in my life, - there is nowhere I particularly want to visit where I haven't already been

You're only young once - don't waste it

Very many for lots of different reasons, but I guess these pretty much sum up my philosophy of life:-
"When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble." - Buddha Siddhartha Gautama
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength" - Eric Hoffer
"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart" - Khalil Gibran

12) What is that you most love and hate
Love: My partner, my cats, my family, animals. music, travelling, and nature. Also never a day goes by when i don't think of my Mother, who passed away when I was very young, but I still love her and miss her every day.
Hate: Cruelty to animals, violence, bullying, confrontation, rude people, arrogance, vanity

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 10-07-2009 at 07:53 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #13
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking for Challenger results and found MTF.

I don't have exactly favourite tennis players, if I had to pick, then I'd go with Lendl, Edberg, Kuerten, Rafter, Federer and Jiri Krkoska.

3) What are your 10 favorite songs bands/musicians?

1- The Clash
2- The Beatles
3- Dead Kennedys
4- Mutantes
5- Midnight Oil
6- J. S. Bach (not the guy from Skid Row )
7- Sex Pistols
8- Ramones
9- Pixies
10- Rage Against The Machine

6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) writer(s) and director(s) to other people, which would they be?
Writers - Machado de Assis, Jorge Amado, Fernando Pessoa, Victor Hugo, Franz Kafka.
Directors - Fellini, Bergman, Kurosawa, Truffaut, Menzel, Capra.

Football, athletics, volleyball, basketball, canoeing, modern pentathlon, surf.

All countries of South America.
Czech Republic and Slovakia.
South Africa, Botswana, Zambia.
Israel, Iran, China.
Papua New Guinea.
Cuba, Mexico.
All for their cultural heritage and natural aspects.

The quotes I used in my signature here are a good sample
"Don't be afraid of death so much as an inadequate life" - Bertolt Brecht
"Remember: there are no small parts, only small actors." Konstantin Stanislavsky
"All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses, his real conditions of life, and his relations with his kind. " - Marx/Engels
Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #14
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

1) Huge tennis fan.

2) Andy Murray. I enjoy his style of play and his tenacity. It would be disingenuous of me to suggest that his being Scottish isn't also a factor.

3) Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms; Gerry Rafferty - Shipyard Town; Mark Knopfler - Going Home; Dougie MacLean - Caledonia; Metallica - Orion.

That'll do for now.

4) I don't have a philosophy. I'm an atheistic, nihilistic, libertarian. I'm a slave to reason. I don't subscribe to a philosophy that can be summed up in one sentence.

5) Best trait - This is fairly subjective. I have a few that I like. I'm unfailingly polite in real life, believe it or not. Secondly, I like that I always think critically.

Worst trait - Same as above. There are a few candidates. My worst trait is probably that I'm very argumentative. It's difficult for me to let go of an argument. I can be quite dogmatic if I feel someone isn't grasping what I believe to be obvious.

6) Book - The God Delusion

Movie - Saving Private Ryan (ask me tomorrow and you'll probably get a different answer)

7) "Death had to take him in his sleep. For had he been awake, there would have been a fight".

8) Football, boxing, MMA.

9) Japan.

10) Think critically because blind faith is not a virtue.

11) "Science is interesting. If you don't agree, you can fuck off" - Former editor of New Scientist magazine.

12) Love - My parents

Hate - People who are immune to reason.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Not much has changed for me in almost one year
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote