DC 2009 : Play-Off--> Netherlands - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #46
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC 2009 : First Round --> Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
But the only lock at the moment is Jo in my opinion. He can afford to do poorly in Rotterdam and Marseille and will still be on the team if he isn't injured.
Of course. Johannesburg, what an achievement.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #47
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Of course. Johannesburg, what an achievement.
How come the Gasquetaires (non-french in particular) always hate Tsonga? I thought you guys were happy that Gasquet was not in the spotlight any more? (I don't really get it myself since they are my two favourite players, and they go together like strawberry and cream, to quote someone on this forum).

I don't think it's a question of recent form for Tsonga (even though his form is decent), it's just that he brings a lot of enthusiasm and energy and is really motivated. He always has good results when he is motivated, and he brings the best out of the others. He can also play the doubles.

Last edited by simplet : 02-09-2009 at 08:50 PM.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #48
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

I am with you simplet, I like the four of them individually and as a group.

Un pour tous, tous pour un ! GO SIMONFILS & TSONGASQUET !!!
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #49
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I see a lot of Gasquetaires who like Jo too. And they all are so different (game, personality...) You're not shocked when Gasquetaires dislike Gaël, are you, Simplet? I find that very normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
Simon is the "go-to guy" in case things go wrong, who will 99% of the time beat the players that he's supposed to beat
But that would be a point against Romania. His job here will be to beat Berdych and Stepanek who are not "players he's supposed to beat 99% of the time" on a quick indoor surface.
If everybody is looking good in the next 2 weeks, yes, take Gilles, he deserves it and it's about time.
But if doesn't do so well and Gaël or Richard are looking in awesome shape, it would be stupid to take Gilles just because he's number 1, even though it will be tough for him to be left out again (that's Forget's fault if he's in this stupid situation).

As for Mika, he has lost and retired and tanked in so many matches since June, he needs to show on the court that he has finally sorted out his shoulder/whatever problems and is in decent form again.

That's why I think only Jo is safe so far. Everybody else will need to do well in the next 2 weeks.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #50
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

L'Equipe writes the captain DC coach (petit lapsus, sorry) will be Roux (former coach of Mika and now Canal+ commentator).
I think it's a good decision because "Tutu & Wino" was not a solution.
The article says Roux is neutral in the little FFT/Lagardčre war. And the good point also is that he watches tons of matches as a commentator, so he knows the players and he knows Stepanek and Berdych too - I guess Noah has no clue of the current players indeed.

Last edited by Truc : 02-10-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #51
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How come the Gasquetaires (non-french in particular) always hate Tsonga?
I don't hate Tsonga. I don't HATE any tennis player.

But, yep, I am not keen on Tsonga's tennis and in many cases I find his oncourt behaviour rather annoying. In addition, I see a lot of difference in the way the French media and some officials treat the players. When Richard is injured, many doubts are raised, when Jo is injured (which happens much more often) it is "poor Jo".

And finally, I don't care about nationalities, I don't have to like a player, just because he is French, though I do like GIlles.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #52
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How come the Gasquetaires (non-french in particular) always hate Tsonga?
It's not like that, don't treat all alike.

I doubt Mika/Richard doubles team should be an option for the DC. They have never played together before!
I wonder why Forget didn't ask Mika to play doubles with someone of the younger generation. France would have had an extra option then.
And why are you all so sceptical about Mika/Arnaud option? They are still the best doubles team France has. Yes, there is less room for improvisation for Forget with Arnaud in the team, but at least doubles point would be much safer then.

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #53
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
Yes, there is less room for improvisation for Forget with Arnaud in the team, but at least doubles point would be much safer then.
Great for France to lose 1-4 then.

If Clément's form is as bad as his stats against Tursunov, there is no place for him. Last year's achievements don't count.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #54
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great for France to lose 1-4 then.
I don't get how Arnaud's bad form in singles influences the results of the other Frenchies?
We'll see how Mika/Arnaud do in Rotterdam.

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #55
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
I don't get how Arnaud's bad form in singles influences the results of the other Frenchies?
I don't see Clément or Llodra winning a singles match. Just imagine one of the singles' players (probably Simon and Tsonga) getting injured, that would limit the options considerably.

But let's see how they all do in the weeks to come. Current form and being 100 % free of any physical problems is in my view more important than ranking or past achievements, but this can be disputed.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #56
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I see a lot of Gasquetaires who like Jo too. And they all are so different (game, personality...) You're not shocked when Gasquetaires dislike Gaël, are you, Simplet? I find that very normal.
Quote:
I don't hate Tsonga. I don't HATE any tennis player.

But, yep, I am not keen on Tsonga's tennis and in many cases I find his oncourt behaviour rather annoying. In addition, I see a lot of difference in the way the French media and some officials treat the players. When Richard is injured, many doubts are raised, when Jo is injured (which happens much more often) it is "poor Jo".

And finally, I don't care about nationalities, I don't have to like a player, just because he is French, though I do like GIlles.
No no you're both right, I don't mean "hate", of course, but I find that often people that really like Gasquet are annoyed by Tsonga (it's the same on Gasquet's website where I go sometimes). I don't want you to like Tsonga just because he's french, Puschkin, it's just that it seems to me that some Gasquetaires don't care for Tsonga because he's french and because they feel he's treated differently compared to Gasquet. I'm not sure that is true (and I like both of them), but you can think what you want, it just bugs that people often pull Tsonga down to push Gasquet up, and Gasquet doesn't need that. They should play together more often even, I'm pretty sure they'd do wonders for each other's confidence and motivation.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #57
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
....but I find that often people that really like Gasquet are annoyed by Tsonga (it's the same on Gasquet's website where I go sometimes).
Looking at their games, this is not really surprising.

I just get annoyed, when people downplay Richard's achievements or say he should become like Tsonga. Luckily Richard's personality won't allow that anyway.

Quote:
They should play together more often even, I'm pretty sure they'd do wonders for each other's confidence and motivation.
You are probably right on this one. And if the guys get along well with each other, their fans should do the same.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Last edited by Puschkin : 02-10-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #58
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Roux seems a good idea on paper. Do we know who play double for the Czech ?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #59
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Roux on RTL l'Equipe in Carrément Tennis since 35" min. He deals with his new job http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/index.html (middle of the page) They asked him about the transition between the New Musketeers and the veterans For him a DC campaign it's 6/7 players like Llodra and Chardy in addition of the Musketeers. They deal also with the ego of the young boys because they can't all play in single. Roux will ask to the private trainers what each player like to do in training the day before...
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #60
country flag Truc

Thanks for the heads up, I had never listened to that show!
Here's the direct link: http://media.rtl.fr/online/sound/200...-du-120209.mp3
He also mentioned Paulo in the team for the DC "campaign", don't worry, Paulo fans. But he says the 4 young guys + Mika should be indisputable for the 1st tie. I'll be really shocked if they go for the Clément-Llodra option.