DC 2009 : Play-Off--> Netherlands - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #31
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC 2009 : First Round --> Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
But Wino and Tulasne is BS, it has to have an influence on the choice of the players. It gives those 2 players a huge advantage to be picked. ...........
Great, my secret wishes seem to be fulfilled. Add Llodra and Clément for the doubles, Guy, as you like experience so much and I will have the most pleasant weekend early March.

However, it won't be like that and the selection of players will be an embarrassement, whatever happens, someone will be left out. This trainers' choice is just the prelude to things to come.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #32
country flag J'adore.Gilles

J'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond reputeJ'adore.Gilles has a reputation beyond repute

i hope gilles and richie are in the dc team!
J'adore.Gilles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #33
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

They're really opening up the team to the regular coaches, Forget says in TM that Rasheed can come too if he wants it.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #34
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

So do the players get to take their coaches with them to DC? I only asked as I read some critisicm of Marion Bartoli on WTA forum as she was supposedly the only Fed cup player who wanted to take her father/coach along with her and people were saying that it wasn't the done thing.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #35
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it used to be one of Forget's big rules too. No private coaches.
Wino was so worried last year to leave his baby in care of the DC staff, he gave them tons of instructions about how Jo needs to practice before they left for Romania.
I guess they also want to prevent a new SMS-gate.

I had to think of Bartoli too by reading that, but I guess her case is a bit different. I think Forget will allow the coaches to be there, but the players will still have to practice together with him and the DC staff like they used to do. While Bartoli probably wants to keep practicing the way she does with her father. And I don't know if you've already seen Bartoli in training, but it's very, very weird.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Bartoli is very very strange It's not only the question of private coach for her.

Gachassin has been elected and said that Forget will stay captain until the end of 2009 but we already know lol. Do we know when he will annonce the team ? After Marseille ? Gilles & Jo are sure imo and i'm waiting for the others.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #37
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

At the day of today, Gilles is the number 1 Frenchie, Gal is second and Jo third, and Forget once said he often based himself on the rankings... I wonder why everyone forgets about Gal. Since he didn't withdraw from Rotterdam, I think we can safely assume his wrist injury is only bad memory.
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #38
country flag Truc

Who forgets about Gal in your opinion? Posters? Forget? The media?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #39
country flag reggie1

reggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond reputereggie1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Fran and Soulage.
As for Marion, I have rather a soft spot for her. I don't know why? I have often heard people describe her as "odd" though.
reggie1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #40
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Who forgets about Gal in your opinion? Posters? Forget? The media?
I don't know about Forget (he's very silent) but I'm afraid he won't take Gal because of their shared past. I also read in a few sites that Llodra, Jo and Gilles were sure to be selected, so the 4th was going to be played between Gal and Richard. And a few posters think the same here too... If you look just at the rankings, and at the beginning of the season, Gal objectively should have an assured place, since he beat Rafa and retired at the AO (so no one knows until where he would have gone had he not been injured). I love Jo as much as the others, but I don't take it for granted that he should absolutely be taken over Gal, same for Gillou. I also think that if Gal is still French number 2 and in form when DC comes and he is not selected, it will be really unfair. I still don't get why everyone still wants Mika to be in the team btw.

I think we'll have a better sight after Rotterdam about who's in form and who's not. We still have a few weeks anyway..
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #41
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute

No use loosing oneself in conjectures before Rotterdam ends, I think.
As for today my personal forecast is that he will give tenure to the 4 whateveruwannacallem (intending to try a new double team) + Mika as the big brother/spare-wheel.
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #42
country flag Truc

Forget just mentioned Rasheed too in the TM article I quoted. I think Gaël is an option like anybody else if he does well in the next 2 weeks. Of course he has a little handicap because of the doubles. Forget will hesitate to have both Gilles and Gaël on the team since there are no alternates in doubles then. And leaving Gilles out of the team would be tough for him as the current French number 1.

But the only lock at the moment is Jo in my opinion. He can afford to do poorly in Rotterdam and Marseille and will still be on the team if he isn't injured.

Llodra's record in the past 6? 8? months has been so abysmal, I know Forget adores him, but any other player would be a no-no with this record, so I don't think he's completely safe at the moment. I think he needs to earn his spot on the court like everybody else this time and that's why he starts playing doubles again although he had said he wouldn't play doubles at all in the first part of the year.

Last edited by Truc : 02-09-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #43
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keijan View Post
I don't know about Forget (he's very silent) but I'm afraid he won't take Gaël because of their shared past. I also read in a few sites that Llodra, Jo and Gilles were sure to be selected, so the 4th was going to be played between Gaël and Richard. And a few posters think the same here too... If you look just at the rankings, and at the beginning of the season, Gaël objectively should have an assured place, since he beat Rafa and retired at the AO (so no one knows until where he would have gone had he not been injured). I love Jo as much as the others, but I don't take it for granted that he should absolutely be taken over Gaël, same for Gillou. I also think that if Gaël is still French number 2 and in form when DC comes and he is not selected, it will be really unfair. I still don't get why everyone still wants Mika to be in the team btw.

I think we'll have a better sight after Rotterdam about who's in form and who's not. We still have a few weeks anyway..
I'm pretty sure Gael is the one who's the most likely to be left out, for a variety of reasons.
Llodra is almost garanteed to be in, because he is one of the best players in the world in doubles, has won grand slams in doubles, has participated in I don't know how many Davis Cup ties, etc... Forget wants at least one "experienced" player in the team, and the only other one with some experience is Gasquet, who is not certain to be picked, and who is not exactly one to bring "steadiness" to a team... Jo has the best results (when he's healthy), is a born leader, brings energy to the whole team and loves big events and playing for his country (he doesn't fold under french pressure). Plus the faster the surface the better for him and we play Czech republic at home... I think he is even more certain to play than Simon. Simon has the best ranking, is now a very "established" player in the top 10, and has shown that he is very very steady if nothing else, and can sometimes turn a match completely in his favor if things go wrong.

Those 3 players have very specific jobs and they are pretty much perfect for it. Tsonga leads the team, is the one most likely to take out the best player of the other team, and is pretty much like a giant (very muscular) cheerleader the rest of the time. Plus he can play doubles just in case. Llodra is the experienced guy and the one who's supposed to win the point for the doubles. Simon is the "go-to guy" in case things go wrong, who will 99% of the time beat the players that he's supposed to beat, and will fight to the death against the others. So that leave room for 1 other player, and one replacement. You need one other player for the doubles, and you probably want that player to be able to play a single math if need be. Clement is pretty much done in singles, and Monfils is not a very good doubles player. So Gasquet would be the logical choice, with Monfils as replacement, being competent in both singles and doubles and pretty experienced to boot. But I could see Monfils as the number 4 guy and Gasquet as replacement, since Gasquet is not very consistent (Monfils is getting better).

edit : as I finish writing my little novel, I notice that Llodra/Clement are destroying Nadal in doubles in Rotterdam...

Last edited by simplet : 02-09-2009 at 02:02 PM.
simplet is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #44
country flag Mnu

Mnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond reputeMnu has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope they don't take Clement for the doubles. He has shown lately how less reliable he is. I think you're right simplet expecting a Tsonga/Simon/Llodra/Gasquet team. That for the moment is the team that makes more sense.

"We still believe that all people are born bad and are made good by society, rather than the opposite" Trey Parker & Matt Stone
Mnu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #45
country flag Bobble

Bobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond reputeBobble has a reputation beyond repute

lets see how mika and arnaud do in rotterdam this week first.

Muzza

Fogna

Dolgopolov, Petzschner, Kamke, Malisse, Haase, Andujar, Riba
Bobble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote