I Can't Find Not One Single's Player Around - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
country flag Aerion

Aerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond repute
Wink I Can't Find Not One Single's Player Around

Excuse me "men" but maybe you have some ideas on what I should try next.

I've played singles most my life. I got into doubles ONLY because there were a lot more tennis teams that actively played (USTA and private). I cannot for the life of me find anyone to play singles with. I've called all the clubs. I've spoken to many captains (USTA). They don't even know of anyone who plays singles. And the reason double's players don't want to play singles is that they don't want to mess up their double's game. I can understand that...sorta.

We don't have Flex Leagues. Only a few of the USTA teams even have one or two single's players. And they are of course quite young.

I even called some of the lower ranked double's players and asked. Nooooooooooooo. Don't want to hurt myself playing singles. Doesn't anyone think of singles as a great way to get exercise? Sheesh!
Aerion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Can't Find Not One Single's Player Around

if you live in a decent sized city, try craigslist
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
country flag Aerion

Aerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond reputeAerion has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks. I just posted wanting a tennis partner.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Feel your pain, Aerion. Although I play a lot of doubles, and enjoy it much more than singles...there are the occasions when I want to play the singular version. Luckily, I'm a member of a very active racket club and it's relatively easy to find competition...although usually of the "male" sort. Most of the ladies in my age bracket (40+) gave up the singles game long ago. And while I don't mind mixing it up with the younger set, they have a different mind set...and schedule (that family life doesn't always coincide with).

Good luck finding a partner. craigslist was a good suggestion.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
country flag FootWork

FootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond repute

where the hell do you live?

and what level do you play at?!

not playing singles because it might mess up their doubles game?

thats absurd. i could MAYBE understand the other way around, because playing doubles will make a singles player lazy

but the other way around?!

"oh man i can't play singles it's gonna ruin my already shitty footwork, and i don't want to have to move to hit the

ball" gimme a break. the next player that says that to you smack them in the face and call them a pussy. and say it

was from me.
Check out
www.topspinsports.com

Free Online Tennis Lessons!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!
THEY ARE FREE!
FootWork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
country flag Aerion

Wink Re: I Can't Find Not One Single's Player Around

Hey I live in South Carolina.

Some of the USTA double players mentioned they DO NOT WANT TO HURT THEMSELVES by playing singles because they're serious about playing team doubles. Many doubles players have never played singles.

I can't even imagine starting out just playing doubles. But it's become the social thing to do which means you have to belong to a racquet club or several.

Doubles is fine but it's not singles. Actually I think it's all short shots with a lot less time to make shots.

In my youth I played 4.5 singles; now I'm somewhere between 3.0 and 3.5.