2009 Piccies Thread!!! - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #706
country flag regikulj

regikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond reputeregikulj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Piccies Thread!!!

Well anyone who is fan of Marat knows about this tatoo in particular is an icon symbolizing some of Marat's interests n wit...
the number is his bday 270180 and 999 is 666 wich is supposed to be a devilish number... upside down, so he is playing w the meaning like...being a hidden devil or being the opposite or a devil...(think what u want)
the bar code is like meaning that he is ONE OF A KIND and the eye is yes a very well known symbol of God or a the Universe watching you...just the meaning of something superior...also u can think what u want...
that tatoo summerizes a lot Marat's personality
regikulj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #707
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

But the barcode is dumb.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #708
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

btw I'm more curious to know what tatoo on his back means.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #709
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi aj*smile, now's my chance to say thanks for those amazing Roland Garros practice photos. I've seen the Cincy 2008 ones on flickr and they are fab-u-lous (the other players too), can't wait for the 2009 set.

Re: resemblance, I was going on appearances of course. The comparison with Ledger certainly starts to make sense when soul qualities come into it. Marat appears to embody so many contradictions, they eventually converge into a single point of "Maratessence".

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj*smile View Post
There was this amazing quote in a GQ article years ago where someone said that life isn't as simple for Marat as it is for other players.
That was Wilander! He also said Safin "has a lot going on upstairs, too much, I think". I read somewhere else (can't remember) about an instance where Safin had paused in a practice session, trying to recall the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, and everyone else was standing around waiting for him to get on with it.

Last edited by monkey247 : 06-13-2009 at 09:18 PM.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #710
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Caption doesn't say anything about the eye tatoo. And no, there has not been any evidence so far that this tattoo is related to tatar culture in particular. I suppose this is what interests you http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2480
That was my reply to a question asked originally by ... soso!! I hope nothing is being read into the symbolism of Marat's tattoos, at least not along ethnic lines. Their meaning is obviously private, anything beyond that is speculation. The back tattoo is intriguing though ....
Old 06-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #711
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Part of the comparison between Heath Ledger and Safin is the "old soul" quality. There was this amazing quote in a GQ article years ago where someone said that life isn't as simple for Marat as it is for other players. He's intelligent, he reads, he's interested in art, there's a softness underlying all the racket tossing, life is about far more than tennis, etc. You can picture him sitting with you having tea and discussing Plato or Nietzsche. Sometimes he seems like a wise, time-hardened old man. And, yet, he sometimes seems like a little kid. Heath Ledger, by all accounts, seemed to have the same traits and depth of character. You could certainly never describe either of them as boring.

With McSteamy (a Grey's Anatomy nickname), it's the pure physical resemblance (their height, body build, etc. is very similar along with the facial hair). Plus, McSteamy has . . . ahem . . . a lot of girlfriends on the show .
this eric dane guy is only 6', heath ledger is even taller than him. I always thought he looked kind of small.

I see what you mean about Marat though, I think there is probably a much contrasting side to him than people would notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #712
country flag monkey247

Marat and the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World

"It's all in the mind ..."

http://maratoss.ruhelp.com/index.php...=seven+wonders

Хорошая история про Марата! Зацените!

A lot of people I speak to at tournaments think that Marat Safin is boring, surly and bad-tempered. I happen to think that he is one of the most interesting people playing tennis!

Just to watch him interact with his opponent at the net after a match - win or lose - is to know what a 'nice guy' he really is!

I also hear commentators and others who are 'tennis experts' talk about how stupid he is. I was taking pictures of him practising at the China Open last September (after half an hour of trying to persuade a growing crowd of 'officials' - obsessed with protecting the top players - that photographer credentials meant being able to take pictures of players playing).

Mid way through the practice, he stopped returning volleys at the net and wondered aloud what were the 'other' Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. He came up with three of them - the Pyramids at Giza, the Colossus of Rhodes and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, I think.

Justin Gimelstob, his practice partner, looked bemused but, finally deciding that practice was not going to resume until Marat was satisfied, suggested Niagara Falls. Marat looked at Peter Lundgren his coach who shrugged and wanted to talk about Marat's footwork at the net. Marat looked at me. I gave him three more. Play resumed when we couldn't come up with the last one.

Now I am sure that there are many people who would regard wondering about Ancient Wonders in the middle of an important practice session before a big match as pretty strange. I am equally sure it would infuriate most coaches.

But boring and stupid? I don't think so! I happen to think it demonstrates an unsuspected complexity and depth of this interesting man.

I would love to know exactly what goes on in his head during a real match...

Jeff

Last edited by monkey247 : 06-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:15 AM   #713
country flag aj*smile

aj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond reputeaj*smile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi aj*smile, now's my chance to say thanks for those amazing Roland Garros practice photos. I've seen the Cincy 2008 ones on flickr and they are fab-u-lous (the other players too), can't wait for the 2009 set.
Thanks, and nice to "meet" you . I'll do my best for '09!

Quote:
I would love to know exactly what goes on in his head during a real match...
Are any of you familiar with David Robinson, the former NBA player? He was always off-the-charts intelligent, and I read an article at some point which said that he composed music on the court to keep from thinking too much about the game. It's almost like when you're contemplating other things, muscle memory takes over and you play better because you aren't "over thinking" each shot. Could be the same . . . or perhaps tennis practice sessions are just incredibly boring for players and they need something to pass the time!
aj*smile is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #714
soso

soso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond reputesoso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Caption doesn't say anything about the eye tatoo. And no, there has not been any evidence so far that this tattoo is related to tatar culture in particular. I suppose this is what interests you

P.S
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2480
I'm really curious about this tatoo

but really i think it's like the Turkish sign
soso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #715
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso View Post
Could anyone who speaks Russian tell us what the caption says? I have always wondered what the "eye" meant.
Plus he looks incredibly hot!

i must be crazy but the more i see the eye the more i think it's marat's eye
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #716
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Are any of you familiar with David Robinson, the former NBA player?
No, sorry, the only sport I follow with any dedication is tennis.

Quote:
It's almost like when you're contemplating other things, muscle memory takes over and you play better because you aren't "over thinking" each shot.
There's something to this, definitely, in sports, music etc. You have to switch off the strategy/ego part of the brain, let go of the conscious effort, and just unfold in the moment. It reminds me of the bit in Star Wars where Luke is practising with that free-floating training orb thingy, and after he gets zapped in the pantaloons for the umpteenth time, Obi Wan Kenobi puts a blind helmet on him and says "Free your mind and act on instinct" (or some such), then suddenly Luke parries every blow.

I suspect Marat's boredom threshold is quite low anyway, but at least he was brushing up on his classics!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #717
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

Marat practising with Roger today on Centre Court.

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #718
country flag Aniitaa

Aniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond repute

Some pics i took in madrid! i hope you like them =)

Aniitaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #719
country flag Aniitaa

Aniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond reputeAniitaa has a reputation beyond repute

Aniitaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #720
country flag MaruVzla

MaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniitaa View Post
Some pics i took in madrid! i hope you like them =)
Muchas gracias Aniitaa
MaruVzla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote