Playoff Seedings Predictions/Breakdown - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playoff Seedings Predictions/Breakdown

At the moment, the seedings stand as follows (bold indicates locked in).

AFC
1 Tennesse
2 Pittsburgh

3 Miami
4 Denver
5 Indy
6 Baltimore

NFC
1 NY Giants
2 Carolina
3 Minnesota
4 Arizona
5 Atlanta
6 Dallas

Out of curiosity/interest, how do you guys see the seedings standing after week 17 - for a mixture of hope/reason, I see it breaking down like this;

AFC
1 Tennesse
2 Pittsburgh

3 New England
4 San Diego
5 Indy
6 Baltimore

I see New England beating Buffalo and getting the help they need from the NY Jets. The Jets will have slight aspirations of making the playoffs in the hope Baltimore lose at home to the Jags - but we all know that won't happen. For the purposes of my 5 selections/trebles divisional bet, I'd love Denver to beat San Diego, but I don't see this happening and am not even going to bother with the "hope". Would love to be wrong on that, but it's hard to believe in Denver, at all.

NFC
1 NY Giants
2 Carolina
3 Chicago
4 Arizona
5 Atlanta
6 Tampa Bay

Think Carolina will win in New Orleans to lock in number two. Giants (yes, even a not 100% full strength Giants) will beat Minnesota and even though I'm inclined to doubt that Chicago will win in Houston, I need them to do so, and am hoping they will. Philly will beat Dallas and Tampa will destroy Oakland to give them the 6th spot.

It would mean (if this all comes through, not that I'm expecting it to) Wildcard Weekend would look like this;

AFC - Indy @ San Diego - Baltimore @ New England
NFC - Atlanta @ Arizona - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

For which I already know what I will be doing, I'll be taking ALL the road teams (either with the points or money line) in a combination of doubles. Indy will probably be slight favs at San Diego, and likewise Atlanta at Arizona.

So what say you?
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playoff Seedings Predictions/Breakdown

New England will definitely beat Buffalo, Jets last week were away and they never have traveled well this season so at home they should put up a good fight but its a tough one to call

Philly/Dallas well you may aswell toss a coin both teams are capable of being great but also a load of shit i wouldnt wanna call that one

I havent worked out my bets for this week but will post a.s.a.p

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
bad gambler

NFL Playoff Scenarios

NFC CLINCHED: New York Giants (NFC East, first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs), Arizona (NFC West), Carolina (playoff berth), Atlanta (playoff berth).

ELIMINATED: Detroit, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, Washington

Atlanta Falcons
The Falcons clinch the NFC South title and a first-round bye with a win and a Carolina loss.

Carolina Panthers
The Panthers clinch the NFC South title and a first-round bye with a win or tie OR Atlanta loss or tie.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Buccaneers clinch a wild-card spot with a win and Dallas loss or tie, OR a tie and Dallas loss and Minnesota loss or tie, OR a tie and Dallas loss and Chicago loss or tie, OR a tie and Dallas tie and Minnesota tie and Chicago win or tie, OR a tie and Dallas tie and Chicago tie and Minnesota win or tie.

Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings clinch the NFC North title with a win, OR a tie and Chicago loss or tie, OR Chicago loss. The Vikings clinch a wild-card spot with a tie and Dallas loss and Tampa Bay loss.

Chicago Bears
The Bears clinch the NFC North with a win and Minnesota loss or tie, OR a tie and Minnesota loss. The Bears clinch a wild-card spot with a win and Dallas loss or tie and Tampa Bay loss or tie, OR a tie and Dallas loss and Tampa Bay loss.

Dallas Cowboys
The Cowboys clinch a wild-card spot with a win, OR a tie and Chicago loss or tie and Tampa Bay loss, OR a tie and Minnesota loss or tie and Tampa Bay loss, OR a tie and Chicago loss and Tampa Bay tie, OR a tie and Minnesota loss and Tampa Bay tie.

Philadelphia Eagles
The Eagles clinch a wild-card spot with a win and Tampa Bay loss and Minnesota loss, OR a win and Tampa Bay loss and Chicago loss.

AFC CLINCHED: Tennessee (AFC South, first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout playoffs), Pittsburgh (AFC North and first-round bye), Indianapolis (wild card and No. 5 seed)

ELIMINATED: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Oakland, Buffalo

Denver Broncos
The Broncos clinch the AFC West title with a win or tie against San Diego.

San Diego Chargers
The Chargers clinch the AFC West title with a win over Denver.

Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens clinch a wild-card spot with a win, OR a tie and Miami loss or tie, OR a tie and New England loss or tie, OR New England loss.

Miami Dolphins
The Dolphins clinch the AFC East title with a win, OR a tie and New England loss or tie. The Dolphins clinch a wild-card spot with a tie and Baltimore loss.

New England Patriots
The Patriots clinch the AFC East title with a win and Miami loss or tie, OR a tie and Miami loss. The Patriots clinch a wild-card spot with a win and Baltimore loss or tie, OR a tie and Baltimore loss.

New York Jets
The Jets clinch the AFC East title with a win and New England loss. The Jets clinch a wild-card spot with a win and Baltimore loss.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
bad gambler

The Chargers, who at one point in the season were 4-8, could be hosting a playoff game against the Colts

What a joke
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote