PDC World Championship 2009 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #61
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PDC World Championship 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan23 View Post
Wade hasent played that great this week but he will have to tonight to beat the fastest thrower in the west so will go with Wade he usually turns up for the big matches

Wade over van der Voort 8/15
WIN

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #62
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thats the best he has played in around 10 years, i was suprised he got 1 set so he did well to get that close
Yes, but clear misses on all three match darts.

Klaasen even beat Barney in that BDO final in 2006.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #63
country flag kinster

kinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond repute

Darts is difficult to bet on for me, got to stop betting on it and concerntrate on the tennis coming soon.
kinster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #64
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

It is difficult Kinster because a lot of the players have beaten each other loads of times so its all about who is better on the day and we dont know that till were into the match, for tomorrow i have done a few bets

King over Bates 2/7 double with Wade over Nicholson 8/15

and a single bet on Klaasen over Barney 6/4

GL guys and happy new year

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 12-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #65
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Wade was dire yesterday, lucky Van Der Vort was worse.

I'm having a huge bet on Nicholson to beat Wade at 2.66, on current levels he can't lose.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #66
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
Wade was dire yesterday, lucky Van Der Vort was worse.

I'm having a huge bet on Nicholson to beat Wade at 2.66, on current levels he can't lose.
Wade can step it up though m8 and Nicholson will have the crowd against him, Wade was pretty crap yesterday but on the doubles he was good, i think Wade will win

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 12-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #67
country flag kinster

kinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond reputekinster has a reputation beyond repute

James Wade was so poor until he played quite decent against Van Der Vort and Van Der Vort was playing very well until he played James Wade, madness. Van Der Vort just can't keep up his form for 3 matches in a row. I think Wade will be hard to beat for sure and Nicholson will have to play the match of his life to beat Wade. But no more darts betting for me. I am very sure Wade not win title based on his averages. Nicholson does not look like a World Champion.
kinster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:41 PM   #68
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wade can step it up though m8 and Nicholson will have the crowd against him, Wade was pretty crap yesterday but on the doubles he was good, i think Wade will win
Wade doesn't exactly have the crowd on his side now does he....? Actually I think he's the one most likely to get affected by crowd negativity and speculation about who he's shagging. Nicholson has thrived in this atmosphere.

Wade's darts are well off, his darts are inaccurate and landing in the board light, he's off on his trusted double 20 and he has the lowest overall average of anyone left in the competition (I think). He looks short of confidence and only the woeful standard of his opponent yesterday allowed him to get through to this stage.

Usually I would say yeah Wade has an extra gear, but there is something technically wrong with his game at the moment and I don't think he has anything like the self-belief of early 08.

Wade averaged just over 90 in his last match, a slight improvement on the previous round. Nicholson averaged 95 and then 98 in his last match. As I don't think that Wade has another gear to go to at the moment and Nicholson shows no signs of letting his high level drop at 2.6ish it's an auto-bet for me.

Anyone betting on Wade is betting purely on reputation.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #69
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Wade doesn't exactly have the crowd on his side now does he....? Actually I think he's the one most likely to get affected by crowd negativity and speculation about who he's shagging. Nicholson has thrived in this atmosphere.

Wade's darts are well off, his darts are inaccurate and landing in the board light, he's off on his trusted double 20 and he has the lowest overall average of anyone left in the competition (I think). He looks short of confidence and only the woeful standard of his opponent yesterday allowed him to get through to this stage.

Usually I would say yeah Wade has an extra gear, but there is something technically wrong with his game at the moment and I don't think he has anything like the self-belief of early 08.

Wade averaged just over 90 in his last match, a slight improvement on the previous round. Nicholson averaged 95 and then 98 in his last match. As I don't think that Wade has another gear to go to at the moment and Nicholson shows no signs of letting his high level drop at 2.6ish it's an auto-bet for me.

Anyone betting on Wade is betting purely on reputation.
He does have the crowd on his side not because he is the man or anything like that but because Nicholson is hated

Wade can finish better than Nicholson and that is what it comes down to, its all about the doubles, Wade loves double top and was firing them in last match

Wade will win no doubt about it, he doesnt need to be 100percent to beat Nicholson

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #70
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
He does have the crowd on his side not because he is the man or anything like that but because Nicholson is hated

Wade can finish better than Nicholson and that is what it comes down to, its all about the doubles, Wade loves double top and was firing them in last match

Wade will win no doubt about it, he doesnt need to be 100percent to beat Nicholson
Wade has never averaged above 92 at the world championships.

He will not win with an average of below 92 here.

His double 20 throwing was dire last match although it picked up a bit in the last few sets, I'm really not sure what match you were watching.

His accuracy is poor, he's following bad first darts, and he's too light in the board, technically he's a mess.

Nicholson has beaten two players who have greater crowd support than Wade, in Priestly and Lewis, and has averaged 95 and 98 with the crowd 'hating him', so I don't see the basis of you suggesting the crowd will negatively affect him.

Nicholson has proven his mental strength so far this tournament, it's not in question, and he won't bottle it like Van Der Vort did. Wade is pretty much all over the place at the moment compared to 6+ months ago and people saying he will 'find an extra gear' are just hoping.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:15 AM   #71
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Wade has never averaged above 92 at the world championships.

He will not win with an average of below 92 here.

His double 20 throwing was dire last match although it picked up a bit in the last few sets, I'm really not sure what match you were watching.

His accuracy is poor, he's following bad first darts, and he's too light in the board, technically he's a mess.

Nicholson has beaten two players who have greater crowd support than Wade, in Priestly and Lewis, and has averaged 95 and 98 with the crowd 'hating him', so I don't see the basis of you suggesting the crowd will negatively affect him.

Nicholson has proven his mental strength so far this tournament, it's not in question, and he won't bottle it like Van Der Vort did. Wade is pretty much all over the place at the moment compared to 6+ months ago and people saying he will 'find an extra gear' are just hoping.
Thats true to start with he was awfull they both were, and Wade was throwing light and having trouble but he picked it up well last 2 sets and i cant see Wade playing worse than he did his first round match and the start of his last match, Nicholson still has it to prove for me,

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 01-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #72
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Even though Wade upped his level slightly last two sets that level still wouldn't be good enough to beat anyone left in the draw.

Having seen all the darts played this week I don't know how anybody could back Wade here at the price. I also think that Wade isn't entirely focuses on his game at the moment, and it's really showing.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #73
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute

king -2,5 @1,80
tiptopdaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #74
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Wade's a twat and I don't like him but he'll probably beat Nicholson.

Klaasen to beat Barney at 13/8 is very, very good odds imo. Barney is well below his best, and Klaasen has been on fire. He's fearless as well, don't think he'll bottle it.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #75
country flag tiptopdaisy

tiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond reputetiptopdaisy has a reputation beyond repute

damn King should be up 4-0 and not tied at 2
tiptopdaisy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote