Why do you all bet? For fun or is it addiction? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
country flag ketoklear

ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear
Default Why do you all bet? For fun or is it addiction?

I bet on Rugby because it's a sport I love and it adds to the excitement of the sport. Most casual punters would agree. However can I ask why you all bet? So many of you seem to bet on so many different sports... do you honestly enjoy all these sports or do you enjoy the betting and not the sport itself? I think that can be extremely dangerous.

I know someone who began with MMA betting, and it resulted in him betting on anything and everything. It began with small stakes, but then grew and grew. He was earning for a while, but as the addiction took hold he lost control.

I think your betting forums are good, but they should feature a sticky offering help to those who may be in need or could be in need in the not so distant future.

Go to gambleaware.co.uk for help.
ketoklear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do you all bet? For fun or is it addiction?

As long as you gamble what you can afford to lose then its ok, the problems begin when you start taking out loans to gamble and asking people to loan you money to gamble.

Thats when the shit hits the fan and you need help, you realise its an addiction if it comes to that stage.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Yep agree with Ivan. I gamble with what I can afford to gamble with. I don't borrow money or anything. I'm limiting my bets now as to what sport I bet on to make a huge profit. Next year, I think the only sport I'll be betting on is the Cycling. Concentrate on one sport that you know and bet what you can afford to lose is what will make you successful in the long run.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
country flag Bolelli Ultra

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Yep agree with Ivan. I gamble with what I can afford to gamble with. I don't borrow money or anything. I'm limiting my bets now as to what sport I bet on to make a huge profit. Next year, I think the only sport I'll be betting on is the Cycling. Concentrate on one sport that you know and bet what you can afford to lose is what will make you successful in the long run.
Bolelli Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:29 AM   #5
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
For me it's the most profitable sport. The odds are good. I know the riders. Follow which riders are targetting which race.

At the moment I am working on a word document which has a shitload of information on races teams and riders are concentrating on. When the race comes around, look it up and see what you have.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet for fun with the hope of making money, i work from home so without a few bets it can get very boring working from home, if i had a 9-5 in the office kind of job i would probably only bet on weekends/days of because i hate betting on something that i cant watch, the whole point of it for me is to have a bet and then enjoy watching the sport...

I would never do gambling full time to much stress plus i dont believe i'm good enough as Bilbo sais money management

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
As long as you gamble what you can afford to lose then its ok, the problems begin when you start taking out loans to gamble and asking people to loan you money to gamble.

Thats when the shit hits the fan and you need help, you realise its an addiction if it comes to that stage.
Spot on

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Gambling has probably been the one thing that has kept me from beating up on inferior human beings in the past few years, and this in turn has kept me out of jail.

I must thank gambling.

Gambling brings families together.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Lol Jimboooooooo
Old 12-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Gambling is like a good woman.

Treat it badly and it'll keep coming back for more.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #11
country flag ketoklear

ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear ketoklear

But if you are constantly talking about it, then would you not class it as addiction. Some of you have over 20,000 posts in such a short amount of time.

And please don't view me as a troll, but I have seen what happens to people who become too addicted. It's scary.
ketoklear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #12
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post

Ivan, mate, can you lend me a tenner? Rachel Stevens is a banker to win Strictly, come on, just a tenner?
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
Gambling has probably been the one thing that has kept me from beating up on inferior human beings in the past few years, and this in turn has kept me out of jail.

I must thank gambling.

Gambling brings families together.
Love it

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketoklear View Post
But if you are constantly talking about it, then would you not class it as addiction. Some of you have over 20,000 posts in such a short amount of time.

And please don't view me as a troll, but I have seen what happens to people who become too addicted. It's scary.
There is a direct correlation between the number of posts a user has and the amount they bet?

Are you an Oxford professor by any chance?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #15
country flag Iván
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
Ivan, mate, can you lend me a tenner? Rachel Stevens is a banker to win Strictly, come on, just a tenner?

Strictly wasnt good to me this year bro, that **** Tom fixed it.