How many.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
country flag Bolelli Ultra

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra
Default How many....

Of you guys travel to Melbourne to watch the tennis each January?

Do you go to any minor tournaments in Australia?

This is mainly aimed at the Aussie guys but some others might travel from overseas? Not sure.

Any just a question out of general interest, would be good to have a beer with some of you at the Aussie Open
Bolelli Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
country flag maconick

maconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond reputemaconick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many....

Can't Wait

SIIIIMMOOONNEE BOOOOLLLELLLII!!!
maconick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #3

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra

lol...

Adelaide International or what Maconick?

How good was last year, Simone paying 1.90 to win Rd1 of Aussie Open against an American qualifier. Goes to 5 sets, start of 5th set about 30 of us boys go to court 14, start up various chants for him and lifted him to a 6-2 final set victory. Was Brilliant.

Then you made friends with his coach Claudio and got free tickets to the next match vs Djokovic. Good work Maconick

FORZA SIMO ALE, NON MOLLARE PERCHE, CE UNA CURVA CHE CANTA PER TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 10-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Not many, if any, not many, if any...
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #5

Havent got the skills to rock a show like this? ILT?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
bad gambler

I may be coming down for the second week
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
country flag bossboss

bossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond reputebossboss has a reputation beyond repute

i usually get a "free" day ground pass for AUS Open from one of my relatives for a day in Week 1 and i usually pass it on to one of my friends (done that 3 years already)

NOT any more , i am planning to go this year
bossboss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:39 AM   #8
bad gambler

Is Little Bourke Road a decent area to stay? Basically in Chinatown?

The hotels I usually stay in Melbourne are fully booked out
Old 10-23-2008, 06:41 AM   #9
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
Havent got the skills to rock a show like this? ILT?
To answer that question - maybe I do, maybe I don't.

To answer the more general question of this thread, I've been down to Melbourne Park in January every year of my life bar one or two. Chances are I'll be there again.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Is Little Bourke Road a decent area to stay? Basically in Chinatown?

The hotels I usually stay in Melbourne are fully booked out
Little Bourke st, very central area of the city so thats a positive. Some bars/lounges around that area are pretty scummy given many of em are in backlanes/back alleys etc. But its very close to trams on Flinders st which take you right to the doorstep of Melbourne Park, so if thats all thats left, jump at it.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #11
Banned!

The Prahran/South Yarra/St Kilda area might be more to BG's liking. I'm sure the Prince of Wales Hotel will give him a room.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelli Ultra View Post
Little Bourke st, very central area of the city so thats a positive. Some bars/lounges around that area are pretty scummy given many of em are in backlanes/back alleys etc. But its very close to trams on Flinders st which take you right to the doorstep of Melbourne Park, so if thats all thats left, jump at it.
Yeah I stayed in a service apartment off Little Bourke St last year when I was down there. Pretty decent location but you are right some dodgy bars and XXX clubs around that area.

I'll shout you punks in my football team team a few beers if I am down there.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #13
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
The Prahran/South Yarra/St Kilda area might be more to BG's liking. I'm sure the Prince of Wales Hotel will give him a room.

sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Yeah I stayed in a service apartment off Little Bourke St last year when I was down there. Pretty decent location but you are right some dodgy bars and XXX clubs around that area.

I'll shout you punks in my football team team a few beers if I am down there.
Sounds good mate, you can become an honorary member of the Bole Fan Club for the day also
Old 10-24-2008, 04:44 AM   #15
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post

I like those areas.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote