Clydey and Friends' Philosophical Paradise - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Hinduism more or less rational than the major religions?

It's more rational. 1 3.70%
It's less rational. 3 11.11%
It is no more and no less rational than any other religion ou there. 12 44.44%
I don't know enough about it to give an educated opinion. 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM   #136
country flag q.j.

q.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond reputeq.j. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homosexuality and Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
My point was that homosexuals are less likely to reproduce. That's all. I simply clarified what Prima Donna was trying to say. From there, people started foaming at the mouth because they thought I was suggesting that homosexuals are morally and biologically inferior.

This was despite me stating explicitly that I was making no such claim.
this is ridiculous, prima donna started saying xy times that homosexuals are biologically inferior, and then started to explain himself that it is because of the fact that they cannot directly, through homosexual intercourse reproduce, and you are trying to validate his first remark by proving his second, extracting the original connotation from the first one, only to wind up giving meaning and validity to his first point.

Get a clue Clydey

or don't.
Huh? Murray reached his first slam final at the 12th attempt. Federer took 18 attempts. So what if Murray only has 1 slam final? He got there quicker than Roger. He didn't have the good fortune to play a Mark Phillipousis in his first GS final, though.

Last edited by q.j. : 11-30-2008 at 02:14 PM.
q.j. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #137
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Well there you go.

Like PD with his "I did nothing wrong!" assertions then admitting he used polemical devices to spark interest (translation: I post inflammatory remarks in emotive language to sucker people into responding), if you're going to use words like "inferior" in your assertions, which CAN BE taken as perjorative even you don't intend them to be in that context, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get a reaction. There are ways you could have expressed the sentiment without bringing controversy down upon your head.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #138
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by q.j. View Post
this is ridiculous, prima donna started saying xy times that homosexuals are biologically inferior, and then started to explain himself that it is because of the fact that they cannot directly, through homosexual intercourse reproduce, and you are trying to validate her first remark by proving her second, extracting it's original connotation from her first one, therefore giving meaning and validity to her first point.

Get a clue Clydey

or don't.
He said one thing and I clarified what I thought he meant. He confirmed that I was right. If he says that is in fact what he was getting at, who am I to doubt him? He knows what he meant. I can only attempt to clarify what I think he meant.

Take it up with him if you don't like it and quit acting like a spoiled brat.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #139
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Such a pointless discussion, all resulting from peoples' inability to understand a simple statement.
No, I think it's all resulting from your inability to state and, if needed, explain a point without resorting to pseudo-dialectical bullshit. If your point is based on things like "there is no conclusive proof that gayness is genetic, so it must be acquired" you can't expect people just to swallow your theory with a glass of water.

In other words: stick to what you know best. It's utterly clear that you don't know shit about evolution but luv a lenghty bullshiting spree. Parole parole parole....
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #140
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well there you go.

Like PD with his "I did nothing wrong!" assertions then admitting he used polemical devices to spark interest (translation: I post inflammatory remarks in emotive language to sucker people into responding), if you're going to use words like "inferior" in your assertions, which CAN BE taken as perjorative even you don't intend them to be in that context, then you shouldn't be surprised if you get a reaction. There are ways you could have expressed the sentiment without bringing controversy down upon your head.
I repeated over and over that I was not suggesting that homosexuals are worth less than heterosexuals. I continuously emphasised that I was referring to the likelihood that they will reproduce. I am not responsible for peoples' inability to grasp the meaning of a simple statement. I used "inferior" in a very specific context. I made that absolutely clear.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #141
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
No, I think it's all resulting from your inability to state and, if needed, explain a point without resorting to pseudo-dialectical bullshit. If your point is based on things like "there is no conclusive proof that gayness is genetic, so it must be acquired" you can't expect people just to swallow your theory with a glass of water.

In other words: stick to what you know best. It's utterly clear that you don't know shit about evolution but luv a lenghty bullshiting spree. Parole parole parole....
Ok, I'll stop spouting pseudo-dialectical bullshit.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #142
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Good.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #143
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Feliciano Lopez is gay.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #144
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
I think that Feliciano Lopez is gay.
And is he less likely to reproduce a davis cup effort like 2008 again.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #145
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're not getting it. I have said repeatedly that homosexuality is not wrong and that I am not prescribing Social Darwinism. I also did not suggest that there was a right path. My argument is purely an evolutionary one. It is other people who are taking me in a different direction.

It is a simple fact that homosexuals are much, much less likely to pass on their genes. You are taking the argument in a different direction completely. The only thing I have stated is that homosexuals are inferior from an evolutionary perspective. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not saying that they are worth less, nor am I advocating Social Darwinism. It is simply a fact that heterosexuals are more likely to pass on their genes.
half of men i've met online are married with kids. Have you ever heard the word CLOSET?

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #146
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute

Clydey's just saying homosexuals are less reproductively fit, which could be true, if all heterosexual couples had kids and as alfonsojose said, if there were no closet homosexuals who were involved in hetero relationships, etc.

But, people started talking about heritability and why homosexuals wouldn't have dissappeared from the population, and such views are oversimplifications that assume the presence of a "homosexuality gene" or lack thereof.

Genetics are not black and white. Homosexuality could depend on a combination of many genes working together, that each individually yield a reproductive advantage, and thus the combination of allelles producing homosexuality could be created time and time again without fading from the population.

Second, lets consider homosexual men only for an second, because I don't know anything about the effect of hormones on females in the womb. Now consider, what if there were no "gay gene" per say, but instead whether or not a child came out as homosexual depended on the testosterone levels generated by the fetus in the womb (I think this is how it works?), or even depended on levels of simple amino acid hormones crossing the placenta from the mother. Obviously this is all just hypothetical speculation, but perhaps homosexuality could depend on a genes in the MOTHER that regulated the DEVELOPMENT of a child, not on its genetics.

As well, what about the issue of gene EXPRESSION vs. inheritance?

These mechanisms are too subtle for us to sit back and argue about without a good deal more research.
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #147
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Great post. You seem to know quite a bit about genetics and the influence of hormones on a child in the womb...

Are you a doc or a medical biologist (or studying)?

As for the 'homosexuals don't procreate'-opinion - like Alfonsojose said, there still is the CLOSET, and I don't think I am exaggerating if I state that the majority of gays is married with kids, if only regarding the large parts of this planet where being gay is still considered 'a sin', deviant behaviour, etc.

Just try coming out in Iran, for instance. You might well end up hanging from a rope.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #148
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My point was that homosexuals are less likely to reproduce. That's all. I simply clarified what Prima Donna was trying to say. From there, people started foaming at the mouth because they thought I was suggesting that homosexuals are morally and biologically inferior.

This was despite me stating explicitly that I was making no such claim.
Are elderly couples, men with vasectomies and women on birth control biologically inferior?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #149
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Are elderly couples, men with vasectomies and women on birth control biologically inferior?
Not even to mention the couples who decide to stay childfree, for very good reasons... obviously inferior people, not wanting to pass on their genes!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #150
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BGT*~ View Post
Quote where I said that homosexuals are biologically inferior.

Take your time. You'll need it.