Final of the French Interclubs - 28.-29.11.2008 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final of the French Interclubs - 28.-29.11.2008

The final rounds of the French Interclubs will take place this week-end in Croissy-Beaubourg near Paris (semi-finals on Friday and final on Saturday). There will be a livestream like last year - but only for the final, I guess? I was in Croissy last year, so I don't know how the livestream worked (the women's final takes place at the same time, I hope it focuses on the men's event).

The website: http://www.fft.fr/premiere_division/2008

The teams which have qualified for the final:
AS Patton Rennes
KOHLSCHREIBER Philipp
BOLELLI Simone
GICQUEL Marc
PATIENCE Olivier
GREUL Simon
MEFFERT Dominik
GALVANI Stefano
OUANNA Josselin
SAULNIER Cyril
GILBERT Rodolphe
ZIMONJIC Nenad

TC Lille
HANESCU Victor
ROCHUS Olivier
VLIEGEN Kristof
ROCHUS Christophe
PLESS Kristian
STADLER Simon
ECONOMIDIS Konstantinos
ULIHRACH Bohdan
CARLSEN Kenneth
WAUTERS Stephan
FRIEDL Leos
WASSEN Rogier
KAS Christopher

Villa Primrose (Bordeaux)
DARCIS Steve
SERRA Florent
HERNYCH Jan
MONTCOURT Mathieu
EL AYNAOUI Younes
PUJO Xavier
JOUAN Romain
DOBLE Jordane
LAMMER Michael
VACEK Jan
PENAUD Alexandre

Lagardère Paris Racing
SIMON Gilles
GASQUET Richard
MATHIEU Paul-Henri
LLODRA Mickaël
BENNETEAU Julien
SANTORO Fabrice
MAHUT Nicolas
DEVILDER Nicolas
ASCIONE Thierry
ROGER-VASSELIN Edouard
EYSSERIC Jonathan
RENAVAND Nicolas
BOTTI Kevin
MILSZTAJN Jonathan
CARRAZ Grégory

I doubt Lagardère Paris Racing will send its best team, so it might be quite even. Santoro, Mahut, Devilder... played in the qualifying rounds.

As usual, 4 singles and 2 doubles for each match.
Rennes is title holder.

The results of the qualifying rounds are here: http://www.fft.fr/premiere_division/2008/?id=4083

Last edited by Truc : 11-28-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final of the French Interclubs - 28.-29.11.2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I doubt Lagardère Paris Racing will send its best team.
I hope not. Even for the price of suffering longer from withdrawal symptoms.

BTW: Why is Gilles playing for Lagardère?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post

BTW: Why is Gilles playing for Lagardère?
Some kind of Jedi mind trick from Lagardère?
I checked the website and newsletter from Lagardère Paris Racing. Gilles is all over the place. I know he's with the Federation. But still, I hope he doesn't join the dark side

LPR should send their A team... as if it's not embarrassing enough when their elite players finished below the players from FFT in the rankings
Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I checked the website and newsletter from Lagardère Paris Racing. Gilles is all over the place. I know he's with the Federation. But still, I hope he doesn't join the dark side
You are walking on dangerous grounds, my friend.

Quote:
LPR should send their A team... as if it's not embarrassing enough when their elite players finished below the players from FFT in the rankings
Who cares? The battle between the FFT and LPR is about who will "produce" the next French grand slam winner, and this will be LPR!

There has always been a streak of a "tard" in me.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles Simon has been playing for the "Paris Racing Club" for years, before it became "Lagardère Paris Racing". The Paris Racing team used to be Simon, Renavand, Carraz...
The intruders are the Team Lagardère boys, they're all new.

He won't play anyway, he's still on vacation and said he will start practicing again in December. No idea for Ritchie, but maybe PHM will play? He's been practicing for 2 weeks now, it should be enough for that kind of event.

I hope not too many of the Lagardère boys will show up because I don't want it to be one-sided. Mahut, Devilder, etc. would be fine for me.
The other teams have played with these players in the qualifying rounds already (apart from a few exceptions like Hanescu, ...), so I hope they will come with their A-team.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
country flag Truc

Quote:
Who cares? The battle between the FFT and LPR is about who will "produce" the next French grand slam winner, and this will be LPR!
There's a battle between the FFT and the Team Lagardère, not Lagardère Paris Racing.
Gilles Simon was playing for LPR last year already and it wasn't preventing him from making fun in interviews of half of the French tennis going over to the Team Lagardère, etc.
Maybe he will "join the dark side" too one day, but don't read anything into him playing for LPR imo.

(I should have started the thread in the French section if it's going to turn into a discussion about the favourite topic of French tennis... )

Last edited by Truc : 11-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
There's a battle between the FFT and the Team Lagardère, not Lagardère Paris Racing.
True, I was not fully precise.

Quote:
(I should have started the thread in the French section if it's going to turn into a discussion about the favourite topic of French tennis... )

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

To support and clarify what Fran said, LPR and Lagardere team are two different entities on their own. "Paris Racing Club" is an old parisian tennis club (since ~1880) located in Croix-Catelan (sport facilities place in paris); Lagardere "bought" the place in 2006 and the club was renamed Lagardere Paris Racing, but the club members are just users of those sport facilities and have no contract with Lagardere group. On the other hand, Lagardere Team is a sort of a privately owned Tennis Academy in which members are directly under contract with Lagardere Corporation. I'm over-symplifying things but I hope it helps. :]

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
To support and clarify what Fran said, LPR and Lagardere team are two different entities on their own.
Thanks. But the only thing that counts for me is that my favourite Frenchie is on the list for LPR (though I deeply hope he won't play) and also a member of the Lagardère team. Well, I have to live with that. Nobody is perfect.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He won't play anyway, he's still on vacation and said he will start practicing again in December. No idea for Ritchie, but maybe PHM will play? He's been practicing for 2 weeks now, it should be enough for that kind of event.
I remember you told me when I was fraking out earlier
It's just that their website has been promoting Gilles with all the newsletter and all. It's strange... as there's the big Lagardere logo on every page.

PHM should find this as a great occasion to drive around in his Porsche

Quote:

Family matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
To support and clarify what Fran said, LPR and Lagardere team are two different entities on their own. "Paris Racing Club" is an old parisian tennis club (since ~1880) located in Croix-Catelan (sport facilities place in paris); Lagardere "bought" the place in 2006 and the club was renamed Lagardere Paris Racing, but the club members are just users of those sport facilities and have no contract with Lagardere group. On the other hand, Lagardere Team is a sort of a privately owned Tennis Academy in which members are directly under contract with Lagardere Corporation. I'm over-symplifying things but I hope it helps. :]
Thanks.

But to me, everything with the name "Lagardere" is just scary
Old 11-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
country flag Ome

Quote:

There has always been a streak of a "tard" in me.
You mean, Jerome?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #12
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
But to me, everything with the name "Lagardere" is just scary
Quote:
You mean, Jerome?
You are dangerously close to a bad rep.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #13
country flag Ome

Quote:
You are dangerously close to a bad rep.
I know I'm walking on a dangerous path
I have a personal grudge against the Team for one specific reason

Now a serious question: has Richard ever played a match in this event? Just wondering...
Old 11-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #14
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
I know I'm walking on a dangerous path
I have a personal grudge against the Team for one specific reason
I know, and I understand that perfectly well.

Quote:
Now a serious question: has Richard ever played a match in this event? Just wondering...
According to this in 2005 ( no Lagardère at that time ), however, my memory would have said in 2006.

Paris Jean Bouin a remporté 4/2 son premier titre dans l'épreuve aux dépens du tenant du titre, l'AS Patton Rennes 35, qui avait battu les Parisiens l'an passé en finale. Richard Gasquet et Edouard Roger-Vasselin ont apporté le point décisif en double face à Thierry Ascione et Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

source: http://www.fft.fr/archives/evenement...ase/index.html

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 11-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
country flag Ome

Quote:
I know, and I understand that perfectly well.

According to this in 2005 ( no Lagardère at that time ), however, my memory would have said in 2006.

Paris Jean Bouin a remporté 4/2 son premier titre dans l'épreuve aux dépens du tenant du titre, l'AS Patton Rennes 35, qui avait battu les Parisiens l'an passé en finale. Richard Gasquet et Edouard Roger-Vasselin ont apporté le point décisif en double face à Thierry Ascione et Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

source: http://www.fft.fr/archives/evenement...ase/index.html
Thank you

For some reason, I had a feeling that it's in 2006 as well! I was trying to search through the 2006 archives and came up with nothing --- now I know why