The Australian Season Thread 2009 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #91
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Australian Season Thread 2009

Heh . Awesome first set, Second was really beautiful too with good play from both player, But Jo really let himself down with those two double faults. I'm not too bummed about the result, Richard played well and it will prevent Tsonga from becoming overconfident, but his level at the end of the third wasn't good enough at all!
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #92
country flag Pepi.
Ajmo Marin!

Pepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond reputePepi. has a reputation beyond repute

Jo
Good luck in Sydney

Quote:
Q. Why are you playing such good tennis?

MARIN CILIC: 'Cause I'm a good player (smiling).
Marin Cilic & Jo Wilfried Tsonga
Gasquet Dimitrov Gulbis
Pepi. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #93
country flag the graduate

the graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond reputethe graduate has a reputation beyond repute

good luck jo!
the graduate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #94
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

We have the draw for Sydney :

http://www.medibankinternational.com...009/01/mds.pdf

He is in the semis of Djokovic, first opponent between Bolleli and Schuettler. A tough one : I have seen Bolelli against Gilles at the hopman cup and he is a client, if he is on. Then it goes from Nieminen to Berdych, and Djoko maybe in semi. The other part of the draw have Simon and Nalbandian. It's a good draw.

I am sure it will sound curious but I don't think it's good for Jo to win this tournament. I think he just needs to pass two or three rounds to find his rythm and to preserve himself for the AO, the objective can't be to win a MM tournament. Jojotards think bigger .
MacArthur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #95
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah,I just agree with you Mac.He needs to find his best game.But this draw is really hard.Ok,we should wait and see^^
Old 01-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #96
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

I also agree with you guys, he just needs to find his rythm
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #97
country flag MacArthur

MacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond reputeMacArthur has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quotation of Jo from l'équipe on the match against Gasquet :

Till 6/1, 4/4, everything was perfect for you. Then...

Jo: Then the energy has gone. It's like I was unable to switch "on". But this said, I wasn't far away from breaking in this game at 4/4. It was perfect at the beginning but I couldn't react when Richard himself switched on. The third set, it's nothing else than "chapeau, Richard" (a french expression for "congratulations, guy").

Then, there is a question about the quality of richard's return. Jo answered that he knew that Richard was one of the best returner in the world when he faces big serves (that's one of the explanation of his successes on grass, he uses so well the power of his opponent ). He also said that he was himself moving slower and slower with the match on his own returns.

Are you worried for the AO in 9 days ?

Jo: Absolutely not. My motto is : "No panic". I am on the right track. I knew, before losing to Richard, that it wasn't the week to be the stronger. Of course I feel this loss, but I've done here three matches and I have the informations that I wanted. Now it's direction Sydney for the last spurts. In my opinion this quarter final is not the most important Gasquet-Tsonga of the season.

I am also quite optimistic like him. He is a diesel, he always needed a certain amount of time of preparation and of matches to be there. I think we are right on track. If we have the Tsonga of the first set against Gasquet for the all AO, there is no reason to be worried at all.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #98
country flag SelvenluvJo
Jo,Dimi,Rica,Ryan

SelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond reputeSelvenluvJo has a reputation beyond repute

6-4 6-3 double winner!!congratulations Jo!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #99
country flag MacArthur

Wonderfull win for the Davis Cup !
Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #100
country flag *MJP*

*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute*MJP* has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the doubles Jo

*Gulbis* *Wawrinka* *Hewitt* *Paulo* *Santoro* *Clement*
*MJP* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #101
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the third doubles title, Jo!

Good luck in Sydney!
Here's his half of the draw:

(1/WC) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB vs Bye
SEPPI, Andreas ITA vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
ANCIC, Mario CRO vs (Q) MALISSE, Xavier BEL
MELZER, Jurgen AUT vs (7) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(3) TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA vs Bye
BOLELLI, Simone ITA vs SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER
NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN vs LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
(WC) GUCCIONE, Chris AUS vs (6) BERDYCH, Tomas CZE

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:46 AM   #102
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on doubles title Jo! I agree with MacArthur: Brisbane and Sydney tournaments are a good build-up to AO, but don't expend too much energy trying to win them. AO is the big prize, and it's going to be tough to replicate or even better last year's results. All the best of luck.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #103
country flag MacArthur

Jo is playing the first match of the central court session tomorrow against Bolleli. 11H00 local time, 0H00-1H00 french hour.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #104
country flag MacArthur

The match has begun, but there seems not to have any streams working around here... again.

It's 1/1 for the moment.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #105
country flag MacArthur

Break Jo, 4/3 !