2009 News/Schedule Thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #61
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 News/Schedule Thread

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #62
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #63
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Rumors are harmless compared to the utter money-obsession and mindless cowardice coming from the unbelievably deeply-troubled Roddick Team/family. Trainwreck Andy, join a circus. At least pinheaded clowns don't look disturbing to each other.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #64
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

On this day in sports history.....

Andy Roddick: A Sporting Gesture
Posted by Randy Walker • May 5th, 2009

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/archives/3886

Andy Roddick may have performed his best act when he married Sports Illustrated model Brooklyn Decker last month, but his act of sportsmanship at the 2005 Italian Open would rank high as well. The following excerpt from the May 5 chapter of the book ON THIS DAY IN TENNIS HISTORY ($19.95, New Chapter Press, www.tennishistorybook.com) details what happened.

May 5

2005 - Andy Roddick performs one of the greatest gestures of sportsmanship on a tennis court when he overturns an apparent double-fault - that would have given him the match - and eventually loses to Spain’s Fernando Verdasco 6-7 (1), 7-6 (3), 6-4 in the round of 16 of the Italian Open in Rome. Roddick is leading 5-3 in the second set and has triple match point with Verdasco serving. Verdasco’s serve appears to land just wide and is called out by the linesperson. Roddick, however, says the ball was in after checking the mark on the clay court and concedes the second serve ace to Verdasco. “I didn’t think it was anything extraordinary,” says Roddick. “The umpire would have done the same thing if he came down and looked. I just saved him the trip.” Famed American sports journalist Frank Deford say on National Public Radio of the gesture, “In one moment with victory his for the taking - no, not for the taking - is given, is assumed, Andy Roddick went against the way of the world and simply instinctively did what he thought was right. Once upon time we called such foolish innocents sportsmen.”
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 05-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #65
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

*faint* cronin actually got a rumor right.....

BEST Expected To Announce Agreement With Lagardere Unlimited

By Liz Mullen, Staff Writer, SportsBusiness Journal
Blue Equity Sports Television (BEST) is expected to announce as early as today an agreement with French conglomerate Lagardere Unlimited in which BEST Tennis President KEN MEYERSON will join Lagardere and take his top client, ANDY RODDICK, with him. As part of the agreement, BEST will work with Lagardere on projects, including producing tennis events in the U.S. The deal comes after Meyerson repeatedly told SportsBusiness Journal that he was not leaving BEST over the last several weeks. Speculation about a deal between Lagardere and BEST has been rampant in the tennis industry for months. Meyerson could not immediately be reached for comment. Roddick has an existing endorsement deal with Lagardere in which he wears the company’s logo on a patch on his shirt. Under the terms of the deal, JOHN TOBIAS, a rising tennis agent who counts MARDY FISH and BOB and MIKE BRYAN as clients, will be promoted to the position of BEST Tennis President.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #66
country flag mattcronin

mattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond repute

Now do you want to give me comprehensive list of things I've reported that were wrong?
mattcronin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #67
Last dance, Andy

Hi Matt.

American men continue to come up short on clay

Can you please find a new subject to discuss other than this one that's been beaten to death? It's the same stuff every year (not just you but other tennis writers too) and it's gotten beyond boring. Thanks.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #68
country flag mattcronin

mattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond reputemattcronin has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's an annual piece that gets boring, but that's what the U.S. bosses want prior to RG. Plus, I thought Vahaly was pretty good. You know what's really getting boring -- writing about Rafa dominating on clay week after week. I talked to Kuznetsova today and am writing the women for next week for Fox. Suggestion for the next guy's piece RG preview piece?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #69
Last dance, Andy

From your article, Brian Vahaly: "Just to have one guy in the Round of 16 would be a major victory. Really, even one guy in the third round would be nice."

FYI, Robby Ginepri made the fourth round last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcronin View Post
I know it's an annual piece that gets boring, but that's what the U.S. bosses want prior to RG.
But why? The constant negativity about the Americans is so grating. I'm sorry if this generation is no "greatest generation" but they're not as bad as the media has portrayed them over the years. Sometimes I wonder if all this being drilled into their heads every year actually affects their performance.

Paul Annacone said the same thing about Federer now having to deal with negative press and how it may be affecting him:

"You're in that same press conference over and over again. 'When are you going to win again?' 'Are you a step slower?' 'Now that you're married, are you thinking about stopping?' Negative questions every week. I don't care who you are, it's going to affect you. It might not be much, but that 2 percent can make a difference. "

Quote:
You know what's really getting boring -- writing about Rafa dominating on clay week after week.
Talk up Murray's chances then.

Quote:
Suggestion for the next guy's piece RG preview piece?
Murray. It's all about Murray now.

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 05-07-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #70
country flag mattcronin

I don't know if it's consistently negative -- look at how much great press Roddick has received this year, even though he's still a step behind the Big 4 (with the exception of Novak). I've been in a lot of press conferences where US guys get their butts kissed even if they aren't playing well. As much as I like him, Annacone is dead wrong when it comes to Rog, as there are so many journos who worship him and tell him that. Plus, Federer runs a pretty tight ship when it comes to answering questions.
This generation has one terrific competitor, Andy, one good but not great player, Blake, and three underachievers in Fish, Ginepri and Dent. It's simply not that impressive of a generation.
Murray is a good idea if he does well in Madrid, which I expect him too.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #71
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

(with Google translator: )

Open 500 Valencia confirmed Murray, Roddick and Verdasco and negotiates with Nadal

David Serrahima, executive director of the Valencia Open tennis tournament 500, to be held from 2 to November 8 in the Agora of the City of Arts and Sciences, confirmed the recruitment of 'top-ten' Andy Murray, Fernando Verdasco and Andy Roddick and noted that negotiations are held with Rafa Nadal.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2009/0...244108886.html

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #72
country flag Marion29520

Marion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond reputeMarion29520 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it still a clay tournament?
Marion29520 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #73
country flag Deboogle!.

No it's indoors now. Good stuff

Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #74
country flag Deboogle!.

you can listen to andy on jonathan ross's radio show this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00ktrjx he comes on near the end of the show around 2:40, it's pretty funny

Old 06-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #75
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Debs I missed this due to being at work!
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote