The Mighty MM - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2008, 05:12 AM   #31
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Mighty MM

I don't think Marinko will need a Qualifying Wildcard to get into the Qualifying draw though.
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #32
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

I am biased and I am stupid and I am dumb.............you are right Zak! I know talent and he is one! He will not get a main draw wc as they hate him but M is in is the qualies anyhow and I am praying that he gets through. He is a super talent and he has lots of support here in Hong Kong. He would beat Groth any day.......
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #33

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
hmmm Scott you seemed slighlty obsessed (or incredibly biased) with this guy

Sure he had a good win against Ball and performed well whilst being sick but what exactly has he done for the season (as a whole) to be selected for one of FOUR remaining MD WCs when the likes of Luczak/Ball/Klein/Groth are not even assured a spot. He is ranked behind all four of them, and he has only won ONE match at challenger level all season. Plus he is on the fringe of TA's age policy whereas Ball/Klein and Groth are all comfortably inside the age policy and ranked higher.

Matosevic should be awarded a place in quallies
You see unlike many of the others Marinko has won 4 tournaments this year. Yes they are satellites and yes there is more in store but you must agree that this is exciting for us. I just feel like there is so many knockers who will come running when he gets to the top....... Too funny! Welcome to the world of Aus Tennis!

Last edited by scotthongkong : 12-27-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #34
country flag Tenys4ever

Tenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah he has done really well the latter part of this year - one to watch definitely - his behaviour and antics on court and behaviuor to umpires etc leaves a lot to be desired - and i think he made it into the AO Playoffs because he was the winner of the Procircuit thing so Tennis Australia couldn't leave him out even though they dont like him.
Tenys4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #35

He is working on lots of things Tenys4ever. He has had a wonderful last bit of the season and I think we have great things in store!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #36
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

no WC for him at Brisbane Quallies wha the hell!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #37

cause they hate him Azza. The would rather give it to an out of form Greg Jones.......Marinko won the series and then nothing....he will play Aus Open qualies and that is it ....he earned that so t cannot be taken away from him. He is a wonderful talent and a wonderful person as well.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #38
country flag ace ventura

ace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond repute

Why do they hate him ? because he is different, because he is vocal and wears his heart on his sleeve...

gee lucky Murry, Mcenroe, Safin, and all the other crazy players over the years, didnt grow up playing in Aus.....

Shame Marinko wasn't in qually at Bris, we may have got one more win on the board today....

So do TA judge tennis ability on personality and age now...?

Tennis is boring without characters like Marinko, sure he can go a little over board, nothing that couldn't be reeled in with some belief behind him.

Better than watching some players , that are like watching wet paint dry ...

tennis needs personalities... a lot of people who go to tennis dont know slice from top spin,

They go for personality, people pay to see Safin for his unpredictability.....
ace ventura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace ventura View Post
Why do they hate him ? because he is different, because he is vocal and wears his heart on his sleeve...

gee lucky Murry, Mcenroe, Safin, and all the other crazy players over the years, didnt grow up playing in Aus.....

Shame Marinko wasn't in qually at Bris, we may have got one more win on the board today....

So do TA judge tennis ability on personality and age now...?

Tennis is boring without characters like Marinko, sure he can go a little over board, nothing that couldn't be reeled in with some belief behind him.

Better than watching some players , that are like watching wet paint dry ...

tennis needs personalities... a lot of people who go to tennis dont know slice from top spin,

They go for personality, people pay to see Safin for his unpredictability.....
Ace Ventura
You are legend. MM is bold, unpredictable and a bit crazy at times. he is also very talented and has a ranking with a bullet. What Aussie tennis needs is MM at the top. I can tell you he has charisma and kids would really look up to him and support him.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:54 AM   #40
country flag maratness

maratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond reputemaratness has a reputation beyond repute

Ace and Scott i totally agree with you guys.the guy is an entertainer and soo fun too watch but i do think he needs to stop some of his negative antics or body language,he really gets down on himself and have seen him throw his racket after he wins points,he is either a perfectionist or a mad man.ALSO Great news-i have heard from a few people marinko was not in melbourne training he went away from home and family and trained through christmas and new years somewhere.Today i saw him training geez he looke like he has put on muscle and is really ripped but im worried about his skin he looked soo tanned must hit with his shirt off like he was today.shame he didnt get wc into brisbane,hope the lack of matches doesnt affect his aussie qs form.
maratness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maratness View Post
Ace and Scott i totally agree with you guys.the guy is an entertainer and soo fun too watch but i do think he needs to stop some of his negative antics or body language,he really gets down on himself and have seen him throw his racket after he wins points,he is either a perfectionist or a mad man.ALSO Great news-i have heard from a few people marinko was not in melbourne training he went away from home and family and trained through christmas and new years somewhere.Today i saw him training geez he looke like he has put on muscle and is really ripped but im worried about his skin he looked soo tanned must hit with his shirt off like he was today.shame he didnt get wc into brisbane,hope the lack of matches doesnt affect his aussie qs form.
Photos, or it didn't happen.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #42

MM is putting in the hours for his training that is for sure. A very diligent approach will reap rewards and he will have the satisfaction of knowing that he has done it without any help and support. Makes him more determined.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #43

Forgot to say also he his playing an AMT this week for match practice.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
country flag save ausdecline

save ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond reputesave ausdecline has a reputation beyond repute

i dont understand his non-selection for a wildcard in brisbane qualies. i know it was explained in above posts. but matosevic was winner of the aussie futures circuit. he is the form player.
save ausdecline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 AM   #45

Yep. you are so right. We may have got a win too if MM had made the main draw as well.