Denis Istomin - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:44 AM   #46
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denis Istomin

The crazy slide is at 4:00
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #47
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

Istomin won Istanbul Challenger. Congrats!
Here is a picture of him complaining about a line call at his doubles match with Kravchuk vs the Turkish WCs:

More pictures from this match and the tournament

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #48
country flag belco
tennishaven.com

belco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond reputebelco has a reputation beyond repute

Australian.Open.2012.Mens.1st.Round.Tsonga.vs.Isto min
belco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #49
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

2011 was a struggle for Denis at the ATP level, finishing 12-22 in ATP MD events. Denis won back to back matches in an ATP event once---San Jose in early February. After his struggles during the first half of the season and with his ranking in danger of slipping from the top 100, Denis dropped to the challenger level in August, and it payed off, going 21-2 in challenger competition during 2011. Over the span of seven weeks in August and September, Denis won four straight challenger events in Samarkand, Karshi, Istanbul and Tashkent, as well as won his R1 match at the US Open over Sweeting. With these results, his ranking moved to #61 before finishing 73rd in the world in 2011.

2012 has begun much better than 2011, however, as Denis has had his most consistent run of form ever at the ATP level, with an 18-9 record on the season, achieving his first career final in San Jose, SF in Sydney from qualifying, QF in Brisbane and 4th round appearance in Indian Wells. Denis has defeated Ferrer, Roddick, and Gasquet throughout the season and moved his ranking to provisional #42. He has taken the confidence gained from winning challengers at the end of the year, improved his game during the winter break and gotten back in his best tennis shape after some niggling injuries in 2011, and the results this year speak for themselves.

This week, Denis is playing Davis Cup for Uzbekistan vs India in Namangan. Denis and the Uzbek team will be relishing the opportunity to play a home tie with the ability to advance into the World Group playoff stage on the line. GL to Denis and the entire Uzbek team this weekend!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #50
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Denis just knocked Hewitt out of the AO 2013 in straight sets. So I would say that was a great start for 2013!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #51
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

unlucky to play ferrer in madrid r2, but not a bad week though =D

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #52
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

Denis Istomin seems to be a very nice man and very good-looking, too. I saw an interview with him and he had all of the players he competed with nailed down perfectly. He seems like a kind, intelligent man and a good player, too. Strangely enough, he only really came to my attention just recently at Wimbledon this year. I noticed he was ill. I hope he is over whatever was ailing him and that I can see more of him. It is interesting that he is coached by his mom, Klaudiya Istomina. The family seems very nice and very close. I like players who are intelligent, kind and close to their families. "Deni" certainly seems like that type of person.

When I read his story, I was touched by the power of his mother's love to help him through tough times. When doctors said he would never play again because of a traumatic injury, his mother helped bring him back and become the player he is today. A mother's love and a son's determination worked miracles.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #53
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

His story would make a great movie. He has come back from some serious struggles in his life due to the love of his family, especially his mom.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #54
country flag Edda

A day late, but happy 28th birthday, Deni! I hope you enjoyed your special day in good health with your family and friends.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #55
country flag Edda

Good luck in Davis Cup tomorrow, Deni!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #56
country flag Redkop

Redkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond reputeRedkop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edda View Post
Good luck in Davis Cup tomorrow, Deni!
He's playing right now and is 2 sets down

Very Hot Squad
Blake Mott, Christian Garin, Jared Donaldson, Liam Broady, Omar Jasika, Francis Tiafoe, Hyeon Chung, Evgeny Tyurnev

Gael Monfils Stan Wawrinka Tommy Robredo Leonardo Mayer Peter Gojowczyk

Luca Vanni Marcus Willis Dan Cox
Redkop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #57
country flag Edda

Aw, poor Denis! He lost and I read he's injured, too. He has not been well lately. I hope he feels better soon.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #58
country flag Edda

Congratulations on making the QFs in Tokyo, Denis! You are doing well!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #59
country flag Edda

Loved the video of the Nadal-Istomin match! I've seen Denis do that move in a lot of his matches. Both he and Rafa have great moves!