Denis Istomin - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
country flag Coolschreiber

Coolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denis Istomin

Denis gave an interview yesterday

Uzbekistan's No.1 player Denis Istomin has had a splendid run this year from being ranked 120 in October 2008 and reaching the career best ranking of 57 in October 2009. Istomin has also carved out some memorable wins this year. He is just back from a successful European sojourn winning a doubles in Belgium.

In spite of being down with viral fever for the past couple of days, Istomin took on the courts for his fans and did not let them down scoring a three set win over Yuri Schukin .The media team met up with Istomin

Q. The match today looked quite tough from the very beginning?
Istomin: "I'm relieved to have come through. I'm not in my best physical condition and have had fever for the past couple of days. Schukin put me in pressure from the beginning and also won the first set. But I decided not to give up . Also he relaxed in the second set and started making mistakes, I knew it was my chance to come back and I decided to give everything I had.

Q. What about your next round, have you given it a thought?
Istomin : My next opponent Stakhovsky is not an easy opponent we have played some very close matches before . But I hope that I can relax and be fit for tomorrow's match. It will be tough match for me and I have to recover .

Q. You've had a very good year , and have been in the top 100 all season , where you look at self at the end of the year?
Istomin : Yes, I have had good year and have made lots of points, I have been traveling and playing a lot . For the last 3-4 months, I've played some very good and close matches against big players, this has helped me. Also winning a few events on the way has been a bonus. I have to worry about moving into the top 50 this year and maintaining myself there.

Q. What drawbacks have you experienced playing at the high level of tennis ?
Istomin : I have been a main draw player at all the major grand slams , this year and that was the first goal . Now that I'm there I need to get higher and play the ATP Tour events. This year I played many top guys , but I need more experience and big wins at Bigger events , this will help my confidence and will help me to be better player and produce some good results .

Q. You have a lot of fans, and they want you to win every match, do you feel the pressure?
Istomin : Smiles, I'm not under pressure at all , I want to go out and play well and win every match. The event is tough and there are a lot of good players this year. But sure I'm going to give it my best try.

Nicolas AlmagroFlorian MayerMischa ZverevDenis Istomin
Coolschreiber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #32

Coolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond reputeCoolschreiber has a reputation beyond repute

Denis entered the final
def. Lacko 7:5 6:3
Take the title now

Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #33

His results of the last weeks
Unfortunately he lost the final of Tashkent Challenger against Baghdatis in three sets but Marcos seems to be in good form again!
In Moscow he had to withdraw in the first round
But this week he plays the Atp Tournament in St. Petersburg and won the first round against Schüttler 6:4 6:4
Do some more damage here Denis!

Old 10-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #34

Denis in the quarter final of St. Petersburg
def. Youzhny 6:2 2:1 ret.
Next up is either Safin or Andreev
Whoever it will be it will be a very hard match for him, good luck!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #35

In the quarters he lost unfortunately to Marat Safi 0:6 6:7
This week he plays the 125k challenger in Astana, Kazakhstan
Denis is seeded number 1 there

Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #36

Easy first round win against Belyaev 6:2 6:4
Next up is Marchenko tommorow, good luck!

Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #37

He lost to Marchenko in round 2 3:6 6:3 6:7!
after leading 5:2 in third set

Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #38

Denis had a smooth and surprisingly easy first match in Melbourne
ef. Chardy 6:2 6:2 6:0

Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #39

Denis def. Berrer 7:5 6:3 6:4
great result against an in-form opponent
Now vs. the Djoker

Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 AM   #40

This week Denis is playing the atp tournament in San Jose and already reached the quarters here
1R def. Ryan Harrison 6:2 7:5
2R def. Tommy Haas 7:6 6:2
Now he plays Kohlschreiber!
Good luck to both

Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #41
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

these pics were taken by me in Barcelona this Wednesday during Denis' match against Feliciano Lopez.

Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #42
country flag briefly

briefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond reputebriefly has a reputation beyond repute

some istomin pics i took one day one of the aegon:

briefly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #43

Denis´ latest results are very very great and promising
he reached the quarterfinal at queens and the semifinal at eastbourne
Now in Wimbledon he def. Wawrinka 6:7 6:1 2:6 7:6 6:4

Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #44
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Wawrinka-Istomin.Wimbledon.2010.1st.incomplete (5 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 AM   #45
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

Good start to 2011, he beat de Bakker 7-6(5) 6-4 Brisbane first round.