Who is going? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who is going?

YAY the forum is open

Since I live in Brisbane, even if none of my favourites are coming I'll end up at the tournament somehow....

Anyone else?
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Olivier Rochus, Paul-Henri Mathieu & Kristof Vliegen
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat! View Post
YAY the forum is open

Since I live in Brisbane, even if none of my favourites are coming I'll end up at the tournament somehow....

Anyone else?
i am

though the field here is looking ominously like sydney's. so i'll feel like travelling with the circus for two weeks
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

I am, probably on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. I live in Brisbane, as well.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
i am

though the field here is looking ominously like sydney's. so i'll feel like travelling with the circus for two weeks
What about AO?

Only a few weeks to go now! I hope the transport will be ok (or they have free parking - am I dreaming?) otherwise I still have no idea how to get there!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What about AO?

Only a few weeks to go now! I hope the transport will be ok (or they have free parking - am I dreaming?) otherwise I still have no idea how to get there!
no i'm going to give the AO a miss this year! the last two years the crowds had been growing so much, and with that heat, it just felt like hell

though i've heard that summer in brisbane can also be very hot. but do i have to prepare for 40+ deg??

isn't the venue near some train station? i'll be staying ... well somewhere closer to the city.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
country flag Kat!

Quote:
no i'm going to give the AO a miss this year! the last two years the crowds had been growing so much, and with that heat, it just felt like hell

though i've heard that summer in brisbane can also be very hot. but do i have to prepare for 40+ deg??

isn't the venue near some train station? i'll be staying ... well somewhere closer to the city.
hmmm I actually don't think it's as hot as Melbourne, at least this year it wasn't. The past years I haven't been around.

But I don't really live near a train station (a 10 min drive?) and the Brisbane train system isn't that good? Don't want to be stranded somewhere!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
country flag Via

Quote:
hmmm I actually don't think it's as hot as Melbourne, at least this year it wasn't. The past years I haven't been around.

But I don't really live near a train station (a 10 min drive?) and the Brisbane train system isn't that good? Don't want to be stranded somewhere!
i don't live near a train station either, though it's close to the city. i drive anyway to homebush every year. changing buses and trains just takes too long. sydney transport is pretty hopeless.

well let's hope that brisbane trains are dependable if not anything else! when it's a strange place i take whatever i get, i won't realise it's slow or whatever. by the time i do, i'd be gone.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
country flag Kat!

Quote:
i don't live near a train station either, though it's close to the city. i drive anyway to homebush every year. changing buses and trains just takes too long. sydney transport is pretty hopeless.

well let's hope that brisbane trains are dependable if not anything else! when it's a strange place i take whatever i get, i won't realise it's slow or whatever. by the time i do, i'd be gone.

I just found this link: http://www.brisbaneinsummer.com.au/MajorEvents/Tennis/

No public parking will available during the event and the use of public transport is highly recommended.

Grrrrrr. This is annoying. I would hate leaving my car at the train station all day, especially if I have to go to night matches...
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
country flag Via

Quote:
I just found this link: http://www.brisbaneinsummer.com.au/MajorEvents/Tennis/

No public parking will available during the event and the use of public transport is highly recommended.

Grrrrrr. This is annoying. I would hate leaving my car at the train station all day, especially if I have to go to night matches...
thanks for the link!

so they forgot to build a car park. maybe there's parking a few blocks away? of course they won't encourage you to disturb the neighbours
Old 12-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
country flag Kat!

Good news for visitors! I just got this in the newsletter today

Quote:
Tennis Fans Travel For Free

Tennis fans will travel free to Brisbane’s newest sporting event.

A deal has been struck today with the Translink Transit Authority to offer free public transport for Brisbane International tournament ticketholders.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
country flag Via

Quote:
Good news for visitors! I just got this in the newsletter today
nice
Old 12-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #12
country flag Via

does anyone know that they are selling courtside box seats to the public? fallout from the financial crisis hitting tennis, i guess
Old 12-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
country flag Kat!

Quote:
does anyone know that they are selling courtside box seats to the public? fallout from the financial crisis hitting tennis, i guess
ohhh the prices for the early days aren't too bad.... I thought the final was sold out but there're still a few tickets left...

I haven't got any tickets yet, have you Via? Apparantly I'm going to be volunteering in "Technology" (is that what you've done in the past???) but I have no idea what's happening... it's only 3 shifts so not too fuzzed, and shouldn't affect too much on my other "fangirl" duties!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #14
country flag Via

oh yes i have two tickets for two days. in case i need to seek shelter with a reserved seat, i think

yes technology was what i did in sydney! only 3 shifts?? that's lucky. with all volunteering we got to the stage where we either did 5+, or don't bother! it was popular, i don't understand why. the uniform's ugly, and (for technology) we had a tiny bunker for a rest area.

so make sure you have time left for fangirling!
Old 12-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #15
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Im coming!! Im a fellow brisbane-ite
I dont actually know anyone coming though - my only friends in brisbane that like tennis are either away elsewhere on holidays or went and got married last week and will be on their honeymoon. pfft!

donno if any of you have checked out the website recently but there is now parking going to be available at the golf club across the road - 15$ per session. im thinking this is much better than public transport cos im going to be there from 9am to the end of the night session