Best match of Roger in 2008? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best match of Roger in 2008?

Australian Open R64 Santoro 6:1 6:2 6:0 4 7.84%
Monte Carlo QF Nalbandian 5:7 6:2 6:2 9 17.65%
Hamburg F Nadal 5:7 7:6 3:6 0 0%
Wimbledon QF Ancic 6:1 7:5 6:4 1 1.96%
Wimbledon F Nadal 4:6 4:6 7:7 7:6 7:9 14 27.45%
US Open SF Djokovic 6:3 5:7 7:5 6:2 9 17.65%
US Open F Murray 6:2 7:5 6:2 26 50.98%
Madrid Q DelPotro 6:3 6:3 0 0%
Basel F Nalbandian 6:3 6:4 15 29.41%
others 2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #16
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best match of Roger in 2008?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive View Post
Can not understand why people are voting for the USO final. Yep, some good quality pieces, but not the match in general.
Basel F - there where we've seen almost the best Fed.
USO F is the most important win of the year, and he was playing a potentially more difficult and more in-form opponent, arguably overall his most difficult matchup on hard. Considering the pressure after the year he had experienced, he did quite well, especially during the first, third, and end of the second. That said, he was clearly more comfortable in Basel and closer to the old Fed than we have seen all year, winning his way by moving well, taking the ball early, and dominating with aggressive play as a result. He didn't exhibit this very consistently at USO, where he was more doing whatever worked to survive the moment. Basel F was the best he's played all year, but "best match" obviously means different things to different people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #17
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game.Set.Match.. View Post
no unfortunately...only from wimbledon this year....but i been you tubing quite a lot since then
Unfortunately Youtube doesn't really always give the right impression of the quality of a match, but it's surely better then nothing. I guess if you are interested to see matches on DVD's people here on MTF would be able to help you

Quote:
i think the last time i saw him play properly was wimbledon 2001 against sampras and tim henman....both times i wanted him to lose. how things change...
So you were a fan of Sampras and Henman back then?

Quote:
but in a way i think this is the most exciting part of his career...will he break the record?...can he get number 1 back? 2009....VERY excited.
Yes, it's surely an exciting part of Roger's career. We all look forward to the new season
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #18
country flag Game.Set.Match..

Game.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
So you were a fan of Sampras and Henman back then?
well sampras was a legend and so i wanted him to win against anyone except henman. could not believe it when he lost to a randomer with a silly ponytail...only watched wimbledon so had noooo idea who he was or if he was any good. when he fell on the floor at the end i remember thinking...o get up its not like you won wimbledon.

well henman...im english...this man was god! 2001 was his year. he was going to make the final. he was going to win....
Game.Set.Match.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 AM   #19
country flag t0x

t0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond reputet0x has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Basel against Nalby... was a brilliant match, and good to see Fed on top form again. It really made me smile.

The match against Murray was the most important. But Murray was terrible.
Same goes for Djokovic... you could tell from the first few games Djoko wasn't going to win.
Federer Express Passenger #163

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~
un pour tous, tous pour un

Others: Safin - Tursunov - Gonzalez - Berdych - Ancic - Johansson - Youzhny - Cilic - Henman - Karlovic - Mahut
t0x is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #20
country flag HarryMan

HarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond reputeHarryMan has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon final, some of the tennis in that match was pure legendary

Then it was the US open final, another classic performance
Old 01-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #21
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely played his best in the USO final and in the Basel final. He also played quite well in Monte Carlo against Nalbandian and Djoko.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #22
country flag Rogieva
You can never have enough

Rogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond reputeRogieva has a reputation beyond repute

Uso F
Old 04-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #23
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean by "best match"? biggest win or best played?

1 USO08 F d Murray 62 75 62 > a huge win after a challenging season
2 Basel08 F d Nalbandian 63 64 > well played match vs. an old rival, and at home

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #24
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember the 1st set on USO vs djokovic,.. the play was flawless !!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #25
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Best match IMO was the Monte Carlo QF against Nalbandian, he played awesome

Biggest win was US Open final against Murray although the tennis was way below par.

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #26
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonlyhsn View Post
Best match IMO was the Monte Carlo QF against Nalbandian, he played awesome

Biggest win was US Open final against Murray although the tennis was way below par.
yes, that MC QF d Nalby was a great match!! I really enjoyed that one!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote