Best match of Roger in 2008? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Best match of Roger in 2008?

Australian Open R64 Santoro 6:1 6:2 6:0 4 7.84%
Monte Carlo QF Nalbandian 5:7 6:2 6:2 9 17.65%
Hamburg F Nadal 5:7 7:6 3:6 0 0%
Wimbledon QF Ancic 6:1 7:5 6:4 1 1.96%
Wimbledon F Nadal 4:6 4:6 7:7 7:6 7:9 14 27.45%
US Open SF Djokovic 6:3 5:7 7:5 6:2 9 17.65%
US Open F Murray 6:2 7:5 6:2 26 50.98%
Madrid Q DelPotro 6:3 6:3 0 0%
Basel F Nalbandian 6:3 6:4 15 29.41%
others 2 3.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best match of Roger in 2008?

The official tennis season for Roger is over now and therefore I thought to start a poll to ask which in your opinion has been Rogers best match in 2008.
We haven't been spoiled as much as in the past with outstanding performances, but I hope I have choosen some matches which you would also name as Roger's best ones of this season
You can vote for more than one match if you want to and it would be great to hear some opinions for your choices.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
country flag Game.Set.Match..

Game.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best match of Roger in 2008?

us open final...first time i see roger win a slam
he was awesome.
Game.Set.Match.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

AO vs Santoro he was playing flawless and it was great to watch him playing that match everything was working in a great way almost in a perfect way
also i liked his performance in Wimby regardless of the result but it was a great match to watch and his fight spirit
and his MC match against Nalbandian he played very very good on clay i rememberd when i was watching the match i had a lot of hopes that he would have a very big chances to win RG and to beat Nadal

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

Either vs Djokovic or Murray during the USO. Because of the caliber of the opponent and the importance of the tournament.
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I have to go with two matches that he eventually lost, the Wimbly final and the TMC-match against Muzza.

Why? Because despite both of those matches ending up as heartbreakers, it showed very clearly a side of Roger that is often being unrecognized - his will to FIGHT, whatever happens.

He's going to need that will power more than ever in 2009, with all the young guns coming up - and I was just glad to see that it's still there...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 11-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

us open final~~~~!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #7
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Karin, I have to agree and disagree. Those 2 losses truly showed Roger's "will to win" is 2nd to none. However I really loved the Monte Carlo QF and US Open semi for how great his topspin backhand was working. It was like 2006 Roger on display for those 2 matches.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
country flag Venle

Venle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond reputeVenle has a reputation beyond repute

USO semi & final, Santoro-match in Melbourne. Flawless play
Venle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the Basel F and the USO F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by didadida View Post
AO vs Santoro he was playing flawless and it was great to watch him playing that match everything was working in a great way almost in a perfect way
I remember some of the comments on GM after Roger won his first two matches in Melbourne. People wondered who would be able to stop him this season.

Here are highlights from the match against Fabrice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI8gxsQnvQw

Quote:
Originally Posted by didadida View Post
and his MC match against Nalbandian he played very very good on clay i rememberd when i was watching the match i had a lot of hopes that he would have a very big chances to win RG and to beat Nadal

I like Roger's match-up against Nalbandian, even though David is able to really trouble him. But they often provide high quality tennis. I know how much we all were worried about Roger having to play against Nalby, who crushed Robredo in the previous round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I'm afraid I have to go with two matches that he eventually lost, the Wimbly final and the TMC-match against Muzza.

Why? Because despite both of those matches ending up as heartbreakers, it showed very clearly a side of Roger that is often being unrecognized - his will to FIGHT, whatever happens.
You are right here, Karin. We have seen this side already in the past (like in the SF of the AO against Safin, in the TMC final of the same year against Nalbandian, the Rome final 2006, the Wimbledon final 2007...) and this year in the AO match against Tipsarevic and in the USO encounter against Andreev.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #11
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChopin View Post

Yes I voted the Basel final because he simply was returning so crisply, however he served a lot better at the OPEN, definitely those two. However what Karin points out is very worth mentioning, those matches do show the true character of Roger the champion.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #12
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChopin View Post
My choices too

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
country flag Exclusive
Banned!

Exclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond reputeExclusive has a reputation beyond repute

Can not understand why people are voting for the USO final. Yep, some good quality pieces, but not the match in general.
Basel F - there where we've seen almost the best Fed.
Exclusive is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #14
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game.Set.Match.. View Post
us open final...first time i see roger win a slam
he was awesome.
So you don't follow Roger's career that long? It's always special to witness him winning a Grand Slam title Have you been able to get to see some previous victories of him in the main tournaments meanwhile?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #15
country flag Game.Set.Match..

Game.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Set.Match.. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
So you don't follow Roger's career that long? It's always special to witness him winning a Grand Slam title Have you been able to get to see some previous victories of him in the main tournaments meanwhile?
no unfortunately...only from wimbledon this year....but i been you tubing quite a lot since then
i think the last time i saw him play properly was wimbledon 2001 against sampras and tim henman....both times i wanted him to lose. how things change...
but in a way i think this is the most exciting part of his career...will he break the record?...can he get number 1 back? 2009....VERY excited.
Game.Set.Match.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote