Grand Slam Of Darts 2008 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand Slam Of Darts - Group Betting

Not meaning to offend anyone, but why would you back short odds in a format such as this? -- Taylor being the exception -- it's best of 5 legs so whoever has first throw has a crucial advantage. It goes best of 17 legs after the groups, and then you have a whole different propositon - it should be much, much more predictable.

In a format such as this I'm always tempted to lay the shorties if I get involved at all.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserT View Post
Not meaning to offend anyone, but why would you back short odds in a format such as this? -- Taylor being the exception -- it's best of 5 legs so whoever has first throw has a crucial advantage. It goes best of 17 legs after the groups, and then you have a whole different propositon - it should be much, much more predictable.

In a format such as this I'm always tempted to lay the shorties if I get involved at all.
Lol

Cant even have faith in taylor in this event, he was 1/33 to beat jenkins the other night and he lost 5-4.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #18
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Yeah I think I get the itv feed from our local cable provider. I was just channel surfing the other day and stumbled across this tournament so was watching a little bit of it. Basically looks like a bunch of unfit fat arses who play

What is this 9 Dart Shoot-Out mean? The commentator was saying that Hamilton loves this venue and should beat Tabern today.

THE PIE MAN

1 DART

To be fair to fordam, hes now shedded most of that nasty stuff...

Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
Lol

Cant even have faith in taylor in this event, he was 1/33 to beat jenkins the other night and he lost 5-4.
I didn't know that.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #20
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute

So the group stages are over now?

What has the format changed to, best of how many legs?

These are my picks for tonight but i would like a bit more information.

19 Nov 17:30 Simon Whitlock v Andy Jenkins

19 Nov 18:30 John Part v Mark Webster

19 Nov 21:50 Phil Taylor v Andy Hamilton

19 Nov 22:30 Mervyn King v Kevin McDine
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges

Last edited by danielj : 11-19-2008 at 09:14 AM.
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
country flag Iván
Banned!

Quote:
the wizard fucked up my hamilton group outright...

T.Jenkins over Newton @ $1.43
Ovens over De Ruiter @ $1.26
Ovens-2.5 over Ruiter @ $2.10
Anderson over Fitton @ $1.43
Wade over Lewis @ $1.60
WWWWW

Sweeeppppppppp
Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #22
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Yeah I think I get the itv feed from our local cable provider. I was just channel surfing the other day and stumbled across this tournament so was watching a little bit of it. Basically looks like a bunch of unfit fat arses who play

What is this 9 Dart Shoot-Out mean? The commentator was saying that Hamilton loves this venue and should beat Tabern today.
unfit fat arses who play? thats just darts all over m8 lol

To be fair as we all know its a lot harder than it looks

9 dart shhoutout was because Tabern and Hamilton had the same points and the same leg rate and only the top 2 go through and those 2 named were tied in 2nd spot, so to determine who went through they did a 9 dart shootout so after 9 darts whoever had the higher score went through and Hamilton as you will know now did it with ease

Complete lottery to be honest, that round robin/group stage never happens in darts this is the only tourney that does it, all the others are knockout apart from the premier league but thats different again because thats only the top 8/10 in the world that play it...

Players have been moaning all week about this format but when you get 100k to the winner and big money to make it through each round they are up for it, from today its a knockout so should be much easyier, plus longer legs now not bo5

What i dont like about thius format was the guy that throws first has a big advantage in other tourneys in ALL other tournaments you have to win by 2 clear legs exactly the same in tennis you have to break the other guys throw but we didnt have that in the round robin format which is a joke, but from today it will be like that so much better viewing

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #23
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WWWWW

Sweeeppppppppp
Outstanding m8

Ovens was impressive, i'm liking Jenkins tonight he looked really good last match

Only in darts could they have 1 match at 5.30 but then stop after that game to allow Germany/England game not to clash with it, they will then resume tonight at 7.30

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #24
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj View Post
So the group stages are over now?

What has the format changed to, best of how many legs?

These are my picks for tonight but i would like a bit more information.

19 Nov 17:30 Simon Whitlock v Andy Jenkins

19 Nov 18:30 John Part v Mark Webster

19 Nov 21:50 Phil Taylor v Andy Hamilton

19 Nov 22:30 Mervyn King v Kevin McDine

Yes over now m8 and the games much longer, back to decent stuff

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 11-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
country flag danielj

danielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond reputedanielj has a reputation beyond repute

any thoughts on tonights games mate?
Wta Top Totty: Julia Goerges
danielj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #26
country flag ryan23

Where is Andy Smith this week aka the pie man? also i thought Priestley was again ok after his cancer? and what about Martin Adams where the fuck is he? Ivan any news m8?

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #27
country flag ryan23

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj View Post
any thoughts on tonights games mate?
King looks hot this week and the longer format should suit him i can see him being worth a big bet, also m8 your part bet wont be on t.v because as i mentioned the cov on itv4 stops because of England match even though the footie is on itv1-work that one out!

Terry Jenkins looks good also, ive just placed my bets here they are

Part over Webster 5/6 not convinced with Webster this week i know he won the world champ last year but he has been shit this year and he got so lucky to get through the first round

King over Mcdine 4/9 King always does well in these events and Mcdine is young and wont handle the pressure that King puts on him

Thats all for tonight, tomorrow looks a decent day to but will write them out tomorrow

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #28
country flag Iván
Banned!

did anderson win his group? hills havent settled my bet yet and i cant find the tables online
Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #29
country flag ryan23

Dan why you done the Power he is around 1/14? you have him in an acca? no doubt he will win but the price is a joke

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
Old 11-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #30
country flag Iván
Banned!

Quote:
G Anderson To Win Group H @ $2.10- Painter out of form, Fitton owend by anderson and Nicholson is a waste of space, this looks a cracking bet.

Van Gerwen to Win C @ $4.50- Gerwen is way to long here, Mark Webster is overated for me as is Mervyn King, gerwen could suprise here.

A.Hamilton to win group B @ $2.50- Straight shoot out beween the hammer and the saint tabern, the wizard whitlook simply wont be able to hack it for me and little known woods should get stage fright, up the hammer!

GL
WLL

Last edited by Iván : 11-19-2008 at 04:42 PM.