Paris final: Björkman/Ullyett def. Coetzee/Moodie 6-2 6-2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paris final: Björkman/Ullyett def. Coetzee/Moodie 6-2 6-2

well done Jonas/Kevin

Quote:
Bjorkman-Ullyett Triumph In Paris

Fifth seeds Jonas Bjorkman and Kevin Ullyett won their second ATP title with a 6-2, 6-2 victory over sixth-seeded South Africans Jeff Coetzee and Wesley Moodie in the final of the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris on Sunday.

While Coetzee and Moodie failed to capitalize on any of their four break points, Bjorkman and Ullyett converted four of seven opportunities to secure victory in 58 minutes.

The Swedish-Zimbabwean team of Bjorkman and Ullyett qualified for Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai in fourth place in the Stanford ATP Doubles Race.

“The last two matches we’ve played have been the best of our year I think,” said Ullyett. “Today was really good, we didn’t do anything wrong. We fought hard, came at some big break points and dominated on the returns. It was a great 48 hours for me, really special.”

“Our energy the last two days has just been going out there to win every point aggressively so (in Shanghai) we’re just going to try and play as aggressively as we can.”

Bjorkman and Ullyett won their first team title three weeks ago at Stockholm (d. Brunstrom-Ryderstedt) and have since followed with two semifinal exits at the Mutua Madrilena Masters Madrid and last week in Lyon. Earlier in the season they finished runners-up to Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic at Wimbledon.

Bjorkman, who will retire at the season end said: “Obviously it’s always easy to start thinking about maybe playing longer, but that’s only on the good weeks and I’m old enough and got the experience to know that it’s not going to be each week.”

“I feel great, it’s really great to finish off strongly and do it in good style. We’ve been playing our best tennis the last three or four weeks so we’re really looking forward to Shanghai. Winning in Bastad and Stockholm and finishing off with Paris it’s nothing that I could have really expected. This is way beyond my goals at the end here so I just hope the good omen continues in Shanghai.”

It is the second title of the season for both Bjorkman and Ullyett. The 36-year-old Bjorkman, who also titled at Bastad with Robin Soderling, improved to a 54-42 lifetime record in ATP finals. Ullyett, also 36, triumphed in Nottingham with Bruno Soares and has a 33-24 career mark in ATP finals.

Coetzee and Moodie will make their team debut at Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai after qualifying with their semifinal win on Saturday. They were appearing in their third ATP final of the season, having opened with a runner-up finish at Doha (l. to Kohlschreiber-Skoch) and won the Estoril title in April (d. J. Murray-Ullyett).

“Unfortunately we had a bit of a slow start”, said Coetzee. “We could have had a break early on it was just really unlucky and they played well and they’re really good front runners.”

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris final: Björkman/Ullyett def. Coetzee/Moodie 6-2 6-2

Big congrats to Jonas and Kevin

I am soooo happy for them, especially for Jonas

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a still confused about Bjorkman's retirement -- does he retire from singles only at the end of the year or also from doubles?

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know he retires completely.

Well done Jonas and Kevin!

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
I'm a still confused about Bjorkman's retirement -- does he retire from singles only at the end of the year or also from doubles?
both

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
both

favourites in other sports: Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille and Tiago Camilo

A link to positive and encouraging music: K-Love My blog in German
Mikey, you're missed
on a mission
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
country flag SwedSerbia

SwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond repute

WELL DONE JONAS AND KEVIN! Now win in Shanghai!

KOM IGEN! Söderling Olin Lindell Ymer Windahl Vinciguerra Renard
SwedSerbia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
both

good luck in Shanghai!
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

now all Jonas has to do is win in Shanghai, to end his career in style
I'm having mixed feelings: I'm happy for the victory, but I'm sad for getting closer to Jonas' goodbye

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote