Improving Olympics - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2004, 08:31 AM   #1
country flag carrotyoung

carrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond reputecarrotyoung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Improving Olympics

Even though top players are entering the Olympics, I see a way to make the Olympics more exciting.
Players like Roddick and Federer are entered in the Olympics, but Agassi and Hewitt are both blowing it off cuz of the money.
Why not allow only amateurs to enter the Olympics? It would be a great way for top juniors to get exposure.
Just imagine: Gael Monfils taking on Alex Kuznetsov in a gold medal match while Brendan Evans and Miles Kasiri duel for the bronze medal. (Sorry Donald Young, ur a pro now).
Be honest, how many of you have actually heard of these players. Monfils has won all 3 junior slams this year and is the best junior. It would be great if the Olympics could provide the recognition these guys deserve.
Also, amateur Olympics rewards the guys and gals that stay in college.
Wouldn't u agree?
carrotyoung is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2004, 10:11 PM   #2
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Improving Olympics

Amatuerism in the Olympics is dead in all sports. Why keep it in tennis???
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even though top players are entering the Olympics, I see a way to make the Olympics more exciting.
Players like Roddick and Federer are entered in the Olympics, but Agassi and Hewitt are both blowing it off cuz of the money.
Why not allow only amateurs to enter the Olympics? It would be a great way for top juniors to get exposure.
Just imagine: Gael Monfils taking on Alex Kuznetsov in a gold medal match while Brendan Evans and Miles Kasiri duel for the bronze medal. (Sorry Donald Young, ur a pro now).
Be honest, how many of you have actually heard of these players. Monfils has won all 3 junior slams this year and is the best junior. It would be great if the Olympics could provide the recognition these guys deserve.
Also, amateur Olympics rewards the guys and gals that stay in college.
Wouldn't u agree?
Roddick and Agassi not showing up is like basically any other tournament below the Grand Slams. Nothing special. Do you reckon we should let the Juniors play there too? They get granted a wild card sometimes, which can help them build up experience, confidence and helps them get some limelight. I have indeed heard of those players you mentioned, and I know for a fact that they won't stand any chance in the Olympics. That way, you create less exciting matches, when professionals take on juniors. Also, no one will bother to show up to watch those juniors in action. To me, a match between Monfils and Kuznetsov, or Vaidisova and Nicolescu, might seem a bit interesting, I don't think this is the case with most 'fans' out there.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

i agree it would be nice to see some of the juniors, but in the atp side players like monfils and kuznetsov would get crushed if they were to play players in the top 70-100
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote