Federico Luzzi Tribute Thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 PM   #211
country flag Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Federico Luzzi died Saturday morning in a Florence, Italy hospital. The 28-year-old went to a hospital for an illness earlier this week and was discovered with a accute case of leukemia. He went into an irreversible coma Saturday morning, and passed away soon after.

Luzzi, a native of Arezzo, Italy, turned pro in 1998 and he compiled his best season in 2001 when he finished with a year-end high No. 96. That year he reached the quarterfinals in Barcelona, his best ATP result, and won two Challenger titles. He also made his Davis Cup debut.

This year Luzzi attempted to qualify in three ATP level tournaments and he competed in six Challengers, playing his last event in Todi, Italy last month.

He is survived by his father, Maurizio; mother, Paola; and older sister, Francesca.

Player Tribute

Jamie Baker: "I am shocked and wanted to send my prayers to all of his family and loved ones. I was rushed into hospital earlier this year with something that sounds similar to Federico's case. I am still asking myself how and why I am still here, and now even more so having read about Federico. I trust in gods plan for us all and pray that he is looking after Federico and all of his loved ones that have been left behind."

Roger Federer: "I want to offer my condolences to his family. I knew Federico since 15 years old, a long time. It’s very tragic and sad to hear the news. He was a very entertaining player. I always loved to watch him. Unfortunately we did not play against one another on the tour, but I will remember him as a nice and funny guy. I think that is most important."

Mark Knowles: "Speaking on behalf of myself and the tennis family, we have lost a fellow competitor and friend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Federico Luzzi and his family. It’s a tragic event and we’re thinking about them."

Evgeny Korolev: "I read news today on playerzone about Federico, it's horrible. I can't belive that it happend. I'm shocked. I knew Federico well and always remember him with a smile and happiness in his face. He was a great person. We will miss him a lot. I send regrets to his family. I know it doesn't help but its important for me to say that because it really touched and shocked me a lot! I don't know what to say more. It's unfair."

Ivan Ljubicic: "I knew him since I was 14 years old. We grew up togehter. We played each other many times. Spent a lot of time together. It is difficult for me to believe that this really happened."

Nicolas Mahut: "I played with him during juniors. It was a shock for me to hear about this news."

Rafael Nadal: "It was a schock for the tennis world. The sport will always remember him. My support goes to all his family."

Tommy Robredo: "Me and all fellow players entered in shock when we found out about these unfortunate news. A colleague has left us too soon. We hope that wherever he is, he will be as happy as we all remember him. My condolescences to his family and friends from all your tennis friends."

Olivier Rochus: "I found out about the news this morning. I was shocked. I knew him since I was 13 years old. He was one of my best friends during juniors’ tournaments. He was always in a good mood, always laughing. My condolescences go to his family and his friends."

Andreas Seppi: “Federico was always in a good mood. He was really passionate about tennis because he really enjoyed the competition spirit in our sport. He was always a great sportsman but unfortunately this sudden change of events didn’t give him the opportunity to fight as he usually would."

Vittorio Selmi (long-time Tour Manager): "It's hard to believe and accept that a boy full of life and energy like Federico can pass away so young and so fast. We certainly will miss his smile, his game, his great sense of humour, his strong opinions, his animated arguments and his funny comments about tennis and life in general. On court he was a crowd pleaser and always enjoyed playing in front of many people and against famous opponents like that night when he brought the stadium down in Buenos Aires facing Gaston Gaudio. Off court there was never a dull moment with him around and even when we disagreed over certain matters the conversation always ended with a big laugh.

Once in Melbourne, after qualifying, he asked me to be "artificially" drawn against Andre Agassi so that he could play at night on the Rod Laver Arena and produce a big show. That was Federico: never sad over a loss, never worried about his opponents, never scared of the challenges that were put in front of him. Even if his life was short, too short, we like to believe that it was a one worth to be lived."

Mark Darby (ATP Supervisor): "My condolences on the passing of Federico Luzzi. Its a tragedy that such a young man should be taken in the prime of life. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Italian Tennis community."

Etienne de Villiers:"Losing a young man so tragically in the prime of his life , a son to a loving family and a great sportsman is a terrible blow. Federico was hugely respected by his fellow professionals and was one of the most popular players on the ATP Tour. Federico will be much missed by all who knew him and the thoughts and the prayers of everyone at the ATP are with Federico's family on this very sad day for tennis."
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #212
country flag pingpong22

pingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brightside View Post

Evgeny Korolev: I knew Federico well and always remember him with a smile and happiness in his face. He was a great person.

Olivier Rochus:He was always in a good mood, always laughing.

Andreas Seppi: “Federico was always in a good mood. He was really passionate about tennis because he really enjoyed the competition spirit in our sport.

Vittorio Selmi (long-time Tour Manager): We certainly will miss his smile, his game, his great sense of humour, his strong opinions, his animated arguments and his funny comments about tennis and life in general. On court he was a crowd pleaser and always enjoyed playing in front of many people and against famous opponents like that night when he brought the stadium down in Buenos Aires facing Gaston Gaudio.
And that's why he was such a great person,a smile was him best weapon..
pingpong22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #213
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article.

Great quotes, especially from Selmi, who makes it clear that his sometimes ungentlemanlike behaviour and his political ideas are of no relevance here.

Baker's comment gave me the chills. I remember reading about his sickness, and the poor guy hasn't reached his old form and fitness after.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #214
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article.

Great quotes, especially from Selmi, who makes it clear that his sometimes ungentlemanlike behaviour and his political ideas are of no relevance here.

Baker's comment gave me the chills. I remember reading about his sickness, and the poor guy hasn't reached his old form and fitness after.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #215
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for posting these articles and translations

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #216
country flag JM-Del-Potro

JM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond repute

Nikolay Davydenko * Mikhail Youzhny * Mario Ancic * Janko Tipsarevic * Andrey Golubev * Amer Delic * JP Brzezicki * Mathieu Montcourt * Ilia Bozoljac * Kei Nishikori * Thiemo De Bakker * Blaz Kavcic * Jerzy Janowicz * Henri Kontinen * Grigor Dimitrov * Tim Smyczek * Marcelo Demoliner * Lars Poerschke * David Goffin * Yuki Bhambri * Marius Copil
JM-Del-Potro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #217
country flag Alonsofz

Alonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond reputeAlonsofz has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have time to post it before, RIP Federico , I remember him playing against Nalbandian in Rome last year or 2 years ago, I don't remember.

If you like tennis and speak spanish enter here!
Alonsofz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #218
country flag davidrafael

davidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond repute

I remember watching Luzzi play Baghdatis at the Aus open 2005. It was a long 5 set match with supreme shotmaking and raw talent. It was also very fiery and both players were being very vocal, fueled by the crowd with plenty of Italians and Greek-Cypriots in the stands!! Luzzi was a very fiery and vocal person on court, but i put that down to him being a very passionate person, and being passionate about his tennis, like many of the italian players.
davidrafael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:25 AM   #219
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for translations, it's very appreciated .

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #220
country flag Medina
Ferrero Tard #12

Medina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond reputeMedina has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my lord, this is just shocking. I remember watching him against Coria in AO. I liked his game. RIP Federico its such a terrible thing that you passed away. You will be missed. i send my love and support to his family, who is going through this hard time.
#1 Fan Martin Vassallo Arguello

Chela.Mathieu.Montanes.Ferrero.Hartfield
Querrey.Massu.Gaudio.Djokovic.Robredo
Medina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #221
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to those who spent time to do the translations, it's very appreciated.

I am not ashamed to say I had tears flowing as I was reading most of it. Potito Starace's words in particular are so sad
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #222
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Fabio View Post

Bracciali, Volandri, Dell'Acqua, Galimberti, Biasella and Starace with Fede's coffin. Many other players were at his funeral.

Good bye, Fede
Far too early
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
Thanks so much. It's really sad and I am close to tears reading this and the Facebook reactions.
So am I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Thanks for all the translations and I could imagine Seppi out there on court, when this was going on, no wonder he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else.
I didn't see his match, only saw the result, but for sure he'd have liked so much more to be in Arezzo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
I am not ashamed to say I had tears flowing as I was reading most of it. Potito Starace's words in particular are so sad
Again, so am I. And I have to go now to lectures. Don't really know how to do it.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #223
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

I will move this into the Italian players forum where it can remain as a permanent tribute to Federico Luzzi.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #224
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much Scoobs
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #225
country flag Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federico Luzzi Tribute Thread

great idea,thanks