Federico Luzzi Tribute Thread - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #181
country flag davidrafael

davidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federico Luzzi is dead

Does anyone have some links to news footage of his funeral?? maybe some video from an italian news site or something?? Or does anyone have links to written stories about his funeral (in english?) ??

Something like this shows you how close the tennis family is, and that even though its easy to remember that everyone is competitors, it is sometimes overlooked at the friendships and relationships that are made on tour. I like the way that everyone on the tour has rallied together at this time...

I'd imagine it would put things in perspective for some players too, and just make them realise that the world doesn't end on the tennis court, and there are much more important things in life still.
davidrafael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #182
country flag Spadea TT

Spadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpong22 View Post
Daniele Bracciali: "Sono stato uno di quelli che è sempre stato vicino a lui, purtroppo ho visto tutte le fasi di questa malattia che si è rivelata un avversario troppo duro anche per Federico"
"Luzzi era rimasto malissimo per la squalifica per le scommesse -ha aggiunto Bracciali-, era deluso come un pò tutti. Lui ha sentito questa cosa più degli altri, essere trattato così per una sciocchezza è pesante".

Potito Starace: "Ci vivevo insieme, era come un fratello, ha lasciato un vuoto immenso, è stata una vita troppo breve, era un ragazzo pieno di gioia e di vita e se ne è andato via in tre giorni. Siamo distrutti. Sarà impossibile tornare a vivere in quella casa -aggiunge l'azzurro-, eravamo sempre insieme e sarà veramente dura, erano cinque anni che vivevamo nella stessa casa, facevamo le stesse cose, telefonate tutti i giorni. Era una persona incredibile e generosa, pensava sempre agli altri, ci mancherà tantissimo. Noi faremo di tutto per ricordarlo, è quello che voleva. A me ha insegnato tanto".

can anybody translate it??
Bracciali: "I was always one of the nearest to him. Unfortunately I saw all the course of the illness that turned out to be too tough opponent even for Federico. Luzzi was really upset after the ban for betting. He felt this more than others: being treaten this way for a silly thing is heavy"

Starace: "I was living with him, he was like a brother, he left a big empty space, it was a too short life, he was a boy full of joy and life and he is gone in 3 days. We are devastated. It'll be impossible to come back to live in that house. We were always together and it'll be really tough, we have been living together for 5 years, we have been doing same things, phone calls every day. He was an incredible and generous person, he was always thinking for other people, we will miss him very much. We'll do everything to remember him, that's what he wanted. He taught much to me"
Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #183
country flag Spadea TT

Spadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond reputeSpadea TT has a reputation beyond repute

Volandri: "I know him since I was 11, me in Livorno, him in Arezzo, we grew up together. All happened too fast, it's been a tragedy, some nights ago we were spending the night out with friends, then he died. Federico was very intelligent and generous boy, he has always thought for other people"

Pennetta didn't go to Canada and play Quebec tournament to stay close to her friend Luzzi: "He was one of my best friends and this and who knows how many more things were a must. When they told me he was feeling bad, I was going to Monaco to leave to Canada and I didn't feel like leaving, I wanted to stay with him. He had a big heart (cries). He had light around, a person nice inside, he was always there. If something had happened to me, he would have always been there"
Old 10-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #184
country flag pingpong22

pingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond reputepingpong22 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a lot..
everybody would like to have a friend like Federico..
pingpong22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #185
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I feel desperately sorry for all of Fede's family, his close friends, especially in Italy. Some of the tributes that have been paid to him pull at my heart strings.

I hope that somehow they can all find the inner strength to deal with this unimaginably terrible shock they have had, and the impossibly difficult time they are experiencing now.

I want to express my thanks to the ATP Tour for the dignified way they have deal with the profound shock of losing one of their members in this way, and its fitting that many players turned out to pay their respects at his funeral today.

It all leaves me with the feeling that we should all appreciate that life is very precious, you get one chance to be the best that you can be

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club

Last edited by patchett : 10-27-2008 at 10:50 PM.
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #186
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadea TT View Post
Bracciali: "I was always one of the nearest to him. Unfortunately I saw all the course of the illness that turned out to be too tough opponent even for Federico. Luzzi was really upset after the ban for betting. He felt this more than others: being treaten this way for a silly thing is heavy"

Starace: "I was living with him, he was like a brother, he left a big empty space, it was a too short life, he was a boy full of joy and life and he is gone in 3 days. We are devastated. It'll be impossible to come back to live in that house. We were always together and it'll be really tough, we have been living together for 5 years, we have been doing same things, phone calls every day. He was an incredible and generous person, he was always thinking for other people, we will miss him very much. We'll do everything to remember him, that's what he wanted. He taught much to me"
Thanks so much. It's really sad and I am close to tears reading this and the Facebook reactions.

I hope his friends and family take some comfort in the knowledge that he touched so many people in tennis courts - both fans and players alike - and in life in general.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #187
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the translations

I can only just agree to what the others have written before and it almost breaks my heart reading these lines

Life can be so cruel at times and it also makes me to value things in life differently....you should really enjoy every day, you never know what is going to happen tomorrow...

I wish Fedes friends and family lots of strength to somehow get through this very difficult time

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #188
country flag mashamaniac

mashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond reputemashamaniac has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to thank everyone for doing a great job of covering all the news and articles related to luzzi...it was a really disasterous thing to happen!

Roddick | Gulbis | Devvarman | Robredo | Haas | Hewitt | Dimitrov | Djokovic

PAW Rank: # ?? (As of Jan. 31)
mashamaniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #189
country flag *snowflake*

*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute*snowflake* has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even know that there is a type of leaukemia like that. It's heartbreaking...the picture, the statements, so sad...

My condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Federico
~Russian Adoptees~ Сафин|Турсунов|Южный
~G.luck coming back~ Zabaleta|Gaudio
*snowflake* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #190
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Fabio View Post

Bracciali, Volandri, Dell'Acqua, Galimberti, Biasella and Starace with Fede's coffin. Many other players were at his funeral.

Good bye, Fede
Sad scenes indeed! Wish his family & friends peace,,I don't know much about him but the tributes he received says it all.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #191
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe this, that's terrible.

RIP ...and thoughts with his family and friends
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #192
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
holy fuck. never heard he was ill.

next time I'm playing against an annoying prick I'm going to punch him as a tribute.
Then play against a wall.
This thread was a nice tribute, until you walked in.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #193
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

way to miss the reference, mug.

Punching Daniel Koellerer is one the the things Luzzi is best known for.

Good work with the translations Spadea
Old 10-28-2008, 02:35 AM   #194
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Such sad news. (RIP)

Condolences and prayers to his family, friends, and loved ones.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:56 AM   #195
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the translations and I could imagine Seppi out there on court, when this was going on, no wonder he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote