Updated Ranking Thread for Doubles - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #16
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Updated Ranking Thread for Doubles

Interesting that the first week of this thread and forum finds a shift at the world #1, if I am correct.

The Bryans lose 500 points from last year's Madrid, replacing them with 125 from this Madrid, dropping 375. Nestor has no ranking change, as the 125 and last year's 0 are both non-counting. Zimonjic gains 65 points, dropping off Doha. This should mean:

Nestor 5635
Bryan 1 5450
Bryan 2 5450
Zimonjic 5105

All 4 have 250 points dropping next week, with the Bryans and Nestor having the stronger non-countable by 65 over Zimonjic. The Bryans will not be in action, while Nestor/Zimonjic will attempt to take the Bryans' title from 2007 in Basel. A final or better would raise Nestor's margin, anything else will leave it the same. Zimonjic's margin to the Bryans will increase if he and Dan do not make the final.

The Bryans must defend a win in Paris, while Nestor/Zimonjic must defend only a final, a 150 point difference.

The Bryans and Zimonjic have no points to defend from the Masters Cup, while Dan must defend 650 from a 2-1 RR record and an overall Cup win.

All in all, it looks like it will be a close fight for year end #1, though if the Bryans can make the Shanghai final, they should retake the spot(s) by the end of the season, if they haven't after Paris.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 06:47 AM   #17
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Interesting that the first week of this thread and forum finds a shift at the world #1, if I am correct.

The Bryans lose 500 points from last year's Madrid, replacing them with 125 from this Madrid, dropping 375. Nestor has no ranking change, as the 125 and last year's 0 are both non-counting. Zimonjic gains 65 points, dropping off Doha. This should mean:

Nestor 5635
Bryan 1 5450
Bryan 2 5450
Zimonjic 5105

All 4 have 250 points dropping next week, with the Bryans and Nestor having the stronger non-countable by 65 over Zimonjic. The Bryans will not be in action, while Nestor/Zimonjic will attempt to take the Bryans' title from 2007 in Basel. A final or better would raise Nestor's margin, anything else will leave it the same. Zimonjic's margin to the Bryans will increase if he and Dan do not make the final.

The Bryans must defend a win in Paris, while Nestor/Zimonjic must defend only a final, a 150 point difference.

The Bryans and Zimonjic have no points to defend from the Masters Cup, while Dan must defend 650 from a 2-1 RR record and an overall Cup win.

All in all, it looks like it will be a close fight for year end #1, though if the Bryans can make the Shanghai final, they should retake the spot(s) by the end of the season, if they haven't after Paris.
I started to calculate the new projected points now, will continue later and update the posts later this afternoon. But it's true that Nestor has more points than the Bryans now after Madrid.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #18
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I started to calculate the new projected points now, will continue later and update the posts later this afternoon.
Great

I'll be an avid follower, it's tough to get much insight into doubles rankings on the web and the race for #1 looks like it could come down to the last couple of matches this year.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #19
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the hard work here. This is great
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #20
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Interesting indeed, but Bob's health is more important than them being #1 at the year-end. I imagine that's why they're not playing next week, so he can focus on the bigger tournaments. From what i understand he was dangerously close to needing shoulder surgery, so avoiding that is, I hope, their primary concern

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #21
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Interesting indeed, but Bob's health is more important than them being #1 at the year-end. I imagine that's why they're not playing next week, so he can focus on the bigger tournaments. From what i understand he was dangerously close to needing shoulder surgery, so avoiding that is, I hope, their primary concern
Sooner or later I fear he will need surgery anyway. Probably they want to wait with it at least until after the TMC. This is understandable.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #22
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Mike said at Davis Cup I think that the tear is pretty small. The point of him taking time off after the USO was to avoid surgery. If Bob came back too soon, then that's just stupid. mike had a similar problem a few years ago with his hip, he almost had to see the same doctor Norman and Guga did.... but he was able to avoid surgery, so I really hope Bob can as well. they just need to be smart about it. Nothing more important than avoiding surgery if he can

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 10-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #23
country flag Jelena

I'm not really sure if I am right with the points for the first round losers. Corrections appreciated if needed...

Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #24
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jelena.

I have a small suggestion. Would it be better that you put the table in your first post in this thread and update it there?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #25
country flag Jelena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Thanks Jelena.

I have a small suggestion. Would it be better that you put the table in your first post in this thread and update it there?
Judio also didn't put the ranking in the first post, but only in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th post. Secondly I can't switch the posts in between under the Ranking posts as I am no mod here.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #26
country flag Deboogle!.

I don't think it's possible for a mod to switch the order of posts anyway, or insert posts in the middle of threads

Old 10-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #27
country flag Jelena

I updated the Ranking at 4.40pm

Old 10-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #28
country flag Jelena

Updated the Ranking on Fri 31st Oct, at 5.30 CET

Old 11-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #29
country flag Jelena

I updated the Ranking on Nov 2nd.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #30
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Judio also didn't put the ranking in the first post, but only in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th post. Secondly I can't switch the posts in between under the Ranking posts as I am no mod here.
What I was thinking is editing the first post and put the ranking tables in there.

I am just too lazy to roll down the page
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote