David enters the land of Lindt. Can he tune his game to Swiss precision in Basel? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David enters the land of Lindt. Can he tune his game to Swiss precision in Basel?

Watched it entirely. Albert was decent opponent until 3:3. David tried to pressure him in the 7th game but he failed, he was just trying to left an aggressive mark and tune his returns I guess. In the ninth game he repeated it and he did it in his style, couple of aggressive return winners and 0:40 in a matter of seconds. He kept the momentum and did the same in the opening game in the first set and later again braked Montanes serve after with the same pressure *0:40. Albert saved few BP's during the course of the match but the defeat was inevitable. David is in a same level as he was in Stockholm and Madrid, only this is kinda faster surface (from Madrid) and he could not sneak to net fast enough. Ground-strokes and angles are working well, BH deep and accurate, he is kinda late on footwork for his FH so it varies a bit, first serve very good but inconsistent and second serve quite bad, he even managed to serve 2 DFs in the same game.
HeretiC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #17
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David enters the land of Lindt. Can he tune his game to Swiss precision in Basel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
Watched it entirely. Albert was decent opponent until 3:3. David tried to pressure him in the 7th game but he failed, he was just trying to left an aggressive mark and tune his returns I guess. In the ninth game he repeated it and he did it in his style, couple of aggressive return winners and 0:40 in a matter of seconds. He kept the momentum and did the same in the opening game in the first set and later again braked Montanes serve after with the same pressure *0:40. Albert saved few BP's during the course of the match but the defeat was inevitable. David is in a same level as he was in Stockholm and Madrid, only this is kinda faster surface (from Madrid) and he could not sneak to net fast enough. Ground-strokes and angles are working well, BH deep and accurate, he is kinda late on footwork for his FH so it varies a bit, first serve very good but inconsistent and second serve quite bad, he even managed to serve 2 DFs in the same game.
I thought it was rather unimpressive. His timing seemed kind of off and his returns were inconsistent. Loved the total lack of concentration in the last game with the 2 aces, 2 double faults.

Last edited by krystlel : 10-21-2008 at 09:02 PM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Kristof Vliegen is next.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #19
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Kristof Vliegen is next.
And their H2H is 0:1 for Vliegen. It was in Barselona, in 2004 7-6(1) 6-4 and what I remember from that one is that Vliegen did not even played that good, David was simply worse.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #20
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday OoP

CENTER COURT

Matches Start At: 13:00
Kristof VLIEGEN (BEL) vs David NALBANDIAN (ARG)

Not Before 14:45
James BLAKE (USA) vs Oscar HERNANDEZ (ESP)

Not Before 16:45
Stephane BOHLI (SUI) vs Juan Martin DEL POTRO (ARG)

Not Before 18:45
Roger FEDERER (SUI) vs Jarkko NIEMINEN (FIN)

followed by
James BLAKE (USA)/Bobby REYNOLDS (USA) vs Jose ACASUSO (ARG)/Agustin CALLERI (ARG)
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #21
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

So there goes Petschzner. I haven't seen Vliegen play in ages (I think not since Monte Carlo/Rome last year). I remember him having a pretty good season in 2006. That match he played against Hewitt in Davis Cup last year is one of the most memorable matches I've seen, maybe more so for the drama than the tennis. I kind of like his awkward game, it would be nice to see him play. I'd say with it being scheduled early, there will probably be much fewer live streaming options than last time though.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #22
country flag HeretiC

Hi, anyone here ?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #23
country flag krystlel

Yes, I'm here. It is kind of annoying that Vliegen has broken back now. David seemed like clearly the better player for a while there, but hit some really weak second serves to get broken. The bwin stream totally sucks though.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #24
country flag HeretiC

Unnecessary complicated things, he should have been 5-0 up in the first, and those more than few FHs hitting at bottom of the net were not very helpful. Good that he managed to clinch the set in 10th game.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #25
country flag HeretiC

4-3* in the second. Time for shifting a gear up?
Old 10-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #26
country flag krystlel

I haven't been able to watch since the first set.

Wish I could find a stream to watch Gasquet vs Darcis. I thought there were good streams for Lyon, but not so it seems.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
country flag HeretiC

Not good enough. *4-4
Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
country flag HeretiC

Broken 5-6* Very bad game.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #29
country flag krystlel

Ok I just started watching again. God, how lethargic did he look in that last game? Really pathetic.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #30
country flag krystlel

David was up 0-30 in that 5-6 game and had an easy passing shot, that he missed - I think Vliegen might have hit an out ball there just before that as well, but I can't tell from this angle. Then Vliegen gave him a lot of opportunities, playing the set points very poorly but eventually made a couple of first serves to clinch it.