Hellenic forum - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hellenic forum

I think that it would be a good idea to create a Hellenic Tennis forum, a forum for fans of Greek and Cypriot players. We could have a Marcos Baghdatis subforum in it, and attach the threads for players like Economidis, Mazarakis, Kallias, Jakupovic, Gemouchidis, etc.

Through the good and the bad, always my #1, no matter what the rankings say
Baghdatis#1 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
country flag Baghdatis#1

Baghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond reputeBaghdatis#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hellenic forum

Petition:
hellas719
baghdatis
gio
H_E_L_L_A_S
Nathaliia

Last edited by Baghdatis#1 : 10-29-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Baghdatis already has his forum.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
country flag Baghdatis#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Baghdatis already has his forum.
Yes, but his forum will be attatched to the Hellenic Forum. It will be similar to how players like Querrey, Roddick, Delic, Blake, Ginepri, etc. have their forums attached to the Team USA forum.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos Baghdatis is Cypriot, he is not Greek.

It's unfair, to say the least as I personally found it unacceptably provocative, to include Marcos Baghdatis' name in this list. Very bad idea, indeed.

Not all Cypriots are of Greek descent.
Getta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Hellas 719 and think this is a very good Idea, to have a Hellenic forum.

Getta, i don't understand how you are greek and could say that a cypriot is not greek. True Cypriots are greek, not the turkish invadors.
I can imagine what other things you could say about greece (about The FYROM issue etc.)
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdatis View Post
I agree with Hellas 719 and think this is a very good Idea, to have a Hellenic forum.

Getta, i don't understand how you are greek and could say that a cypriot is not greek. True Cypriots are greek, not the turkish invadors.
I can imagine what other things you could say about greece (about The FYROM issue etc.)
Your statement "true Cypriots are Greek" is outrageously wrong.

If Marcos Baghdatis repeats your nationalistic delirious words in the coming Australian Open, the tournament organisers and the Australian authorities will be obliged to kick his ass. And rightly so.

Your post is in violiation of MTF rules. I've already reported it.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
country flag Baghdatis#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Marcos Baghdatis is Cypriot, he is not Greek.

It's unfair, to say the least as I personally found it unacceptably provocative, to include Marcos Baghdatis' name in this list. Very bad idea, indeed.

Not all Cypriots are of Greek descent.
That's why it is the Hellenic Forum, and not the Greek Forum. It will be kind of similar to the Latin forum, only smaller. Also, I think that Baghdatis' mom is Greek-Cypriot, and his dad is from a Greek family that enigrated to Lebanon.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
That's why it is the Hellenic Forum, and not the Greek Forum. It will be kind of similar to the Latin forum, only smaller. Also, I think that Baghdatis' mom is Greek-Cypriot, and his dad is from a Greek family that enigrated to Lebanon.
Marcos' father is an Arab who emigrated from Lebanon to Cyprus. The fact that he's a Christian Arab does not make him of Greek descent, as it's well known that many Lebanese are Christians. His father's ancestors came from Iraq, as Marcos' surname clearly implies that. Christos Baghdatis (Marcos' father) said that in an interview he gave during the AO 2006 days...

In other words, Marcos Baghdatis is half Arab. A Cypriot citizen though.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
country flag Baghdatis#1

Quote:
Marcos' father is an Arab who emigrated from Lebanon to Cyprus. The fact that he's a Christian Arab does not make him of Greek descent, as it's well known that many Lebanese are Christians. His father's ancestors came from Iraq, as Marcos' surname clearly implies that. Christos Baghdatis (Marcos' father) said that in an interview he gave during the AO 2006 days...

In other words, Marcos Baghdatis is half Arab. A Cypriot citizen though.
Thanks. I never knew that. Anyways, it will combine Greek and Cypriot players into one forum, to make a Hellenic Forum. If you don't want it, that's fine with me.

Old 10-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Thanks. I never knew that. Anyways, it will combine Greek and Cypriot players into one forum, to make a Hellenic Forum. If you don't want it, that's fine with me.
The absurdness continues.

Assuming that a Turkish-Cypriot decent tennis player appears in a few years, where are you going to classify him then? Huh?
Sorry, but your idea of having a Greek/Cypriot forum is not only ridiculous, but also dangerous and politically incorrect. Anyway, the MTF mods are already aware of this case. I won't get involved in further discussions here.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #12
country flag Baghdatis#1

Quote:
The absurdness continues.

Assuming that a Turkish-Cypriot decent tennis player appears in a few years, where are you going to classify him then? Huh?
Sorry, but your idea of having a Greek/Cypriot forum is not only ridiculous, but also dangerous and politically incorrect. Anyway, the MTF mods are already aware of this case. I won't get involved in further discussions here.

Have a nice day.
You have a point, but most Turkish-Cypriots are not athletes, and those very rare Turkish-Cypriot athletes probably do not compete under the Cypriot flag.

Another possible option would be to make it for Greeks and Greek Cypriots.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #13
country flag baghdatis

baghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond reputebaghdatis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes A hellenic forum, Getta. For Greeks amd Greek Cypriots.
In the Case of A turkish Athlete which is unfortunately a Cypriot citizen they can have their own thread/subforum, as they are not of Hellenic Blood.

Getta, to Avoid any more confusion I advise you to change your flag to anything BUT the Greek or Cypriot Flag Because, obviously you do not act like a true Greek.
I myself have family from Cyprus. I go to a Greek-Orthdox school. There are many Cypriots who attend this school. They are all Greek and none say they are not.
That is how the hellenic forum should be. No Turk which comes from Northern cyprus attends the school. Just like how the forum should be.

P.S. Getta You are so funny. Do you think I care if You reported it? Lol you are like a Moderator wannabe Maybe you should go tell ur mummy or daddy too.
(Nothing personal about your parents intended).
Seriously I just said what I felt like I had to say. Nothing wrong with that. Especially when You know about families that have lost lives and their Houses in Northern Cyprus While the turks invaded. Oh yeah you probably dont even know about that. Hahahah.
Okay well There were no turks in Cyprus before 1970. Just Greeks. And then They invaded Cyprus, there were slaughterings etc. These turks took the top part of Cyprus and now claim to be so-called "Turkish-Cypriots" hahaha

I Couldn't imagine you calling them Cypriots and Sleeping well at night, after all the trauma caused by them. (Not saying they are all bad people, some of them are really nice. But they are Just turks thats all).

Okay I Might have gone overboard here with the history lesson but it was necessary for people to realise.
Sorry for taking the thread WAY off-topic but Getta Asked for it

Have A nice day and Report all you want, I do not care.
baghdatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-13-2008, 05:04 AM   #14
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

This was very nice idea that was supposed to take people towards some positive direction. Too bad some people could not overcome their own shortcomings. Hellenic forum sounds terrific.
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
country flag Baghdatis#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdatis View Post
Yes A hellenic forum, Getta. For Greeks amd Greek Cypriots.
In the Case of A turkish Athlete which is unfortunately a Cypriot citizen they can have their own thread/subforum, as they are not of Hellenic Blood.

Getta, to Avoid any more confusion I advise you to change your flag to anything BUT the Greek or Cypriot Flag Because, obviously you do not act like a true Greek.
I myself have family from Cyprus. I go to a Greek-Orthdox school. There are many Cypriots who attend this school. They are all Greek and none say they are not.
That is how the hellenic forum should be. No Turk which comes from Northern cyprus attends the school. Just like how the forum should be.
You are very correct. I go to a church in Ny, where a ton of the people are Greek Cypriots. Anyways, this is getting off topic.

Closed Thread