Which sport had the dullest 2013 season? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which sport had the dullest 2013 season?

Tennis and F1 are my two favourite sports. But I think both of them had really dull 2013 seasons.

The tennis season wasn't too interesting. Of my favourite players, Tsonga had promising results and I was expecting him a lot in Wimby but an injury ended his season there. Berdych played a solid season, but just like always, was a no-show against Nadal and Nole, and couldn't even win a title. Ferrer made his 1st GS final but the result against Nadal was NID, and in general he was a shadow of his 2012 form. Wawrinka played the best season of his career but lacked the testicular fortitude against big names.

Nadal played an incredible season but for example in his wins on route to the title, GOATbis at Rome and Janowicz at Canada, he did nothing special, only waited for his opponents to self-destruct. And when Nole played his best game, e.g. in MC, Beijing, and WTF Fs, Rafa had no business. Not such a spectacular run to #1.

The highlight of the season was once again the grass season. My best memory is Mahut and Lopez winning titles in the same day. And Wimby's early rounds were great with Fed, Rafa, Serena, MaSha, and Vika out. Unfortunately it had to end with a Noleray borefest.

F1 didn't have a great season either. After Kimi's win in the season opener, it looked like an interesting season. But soon it became obvious that the mug tyres don't enable any racing. Mercedes often had the fastest car and took poles but hardly finished in the points. Once the tyre compound was changed, then the races became borefests where Vettel's win was NID. And usually Alonso somehow vultured himself to the 2nd place, even though he'd been a no-show in the qualifying.

I think F1 had the duller season. The grass season saved tennis this year.

Any other dull 2013 seasons? Discuss!

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which sport had the dullest 2013 season?

Tennis had a fantastic, exciting season.

F1 was hilariously bad, fell asleep loads of time. Vettel, just fuck off, nobody likes ya.

NBA was pretty bad as well, with the Heat strolling through with their main competitors being the old Spurs

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

The 5 biggest European football leagues all had incredibly boring title races in 2013. Bayern (although they were insanely good), Man Utd, Barcelona, Juventus and PSG all strolled to their respective league titles without any competition whatsoever.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis for sure.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

College football has not been the best so far. I'm hoping stupid Alabama loses so the season will have some sort of shake up.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

I find it difficult to compare F1 to football in this respect because football has so many different competitions that can redeem a boring season, so it's probably fairer to compare football to motorsport as a whole.

Having said that, the F1 was pretty yawn-worthy after the summer break.
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.

Last edited by underspin : 11-25-2013 at 09:47 PM. Reason: clarity of point.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote