Getting speed of serve - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
country flag fabmol

fabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting speed of serve

Hi

what do i need to get the speed of my serve....radar??? anythign else?

where can i buy one?

thanks
fab
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting speed of serve

Well yes you do need a gun, but if you go to a local club I am sure that they will have one. Ask them to shoot it at you and give them $10.00 afterwards. If you are not a member of a club then go to one anyway and give the $20.00 to do it. If you don't have a club near you try to go to an ATP tournament bring your stick when you go to a match. Hop on the court after all of the matches are completed and no one is watching and serve a few.
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
country flag fabmol

fabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond reputefabmol has a reputation beyond repute

no clubs in ireland have them......

i might just try source a gun!!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, okay yes then your best bet, if you just want to test your service speed once is buy a cheap used crappy one.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
country flag FootWork

FootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond reputeFootWork has a reputation beyond repute

hit a cop car.
Check out
www.topspinsports.com

Free Online Tennis Lessons!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!
THEY ARE FREE!
FootWork is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
Athletic DNA

I hate stupid comment like that person above me just said.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #7
country flag Ryouma_Echizen

Ryouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond reputeRyouma_Echizen has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Getting speed of serve

I've always wanted to know the MAX speed of my serve. Too bad I'm not in the US to have that tech.
But I was figuring if I could get sb else to start a counter, maybe with my cell phones chronometer which also registers 100's of a second, and then stop it when it reaches the end of the court.
Of course you would have to carry a meter around to measure the lenght of the court to get the speed . First I would count the speed in meters by secound and after that convert it to Km/h.
Of course maybe for you guys would be mi/h but you might get the idea.
Cheers
Ryouma_Echizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote