Olé Nole! And good luck in Madrid! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Olé Nole! And good luck in Madrid!

I really didn't want to start this thread as he never wins a tourney when I start the thread But no one else seems to have started one yet, and as I'll be in Madrid to cheer our man on, I thought I'd be brave and start one!

So good luck Nole - please give me good reason to cheer and enjoy my week in Madrid

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 10-05-2008 at 03:54 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olé Nole! And good luck in Madrid!

I wish I could go to Madrid right now.

Ajde
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenah View Post
I wish I could go to Madrid right now.

Ajde
I promise I will have a drink (or two ) for you while I'm there

I am rather sad about this Madrid trip in a way, because it will be the last Masters' held indoors at the present venue, and I've been going there every October for about the last 5-6 years now I always stay in the same place and meet up with the same group of friends - so it's like the end of an era somehow I'm sure I shall when I leave this time, knowing I'll never be back there in the same place and time of year and tournament again

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 10-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
country flag Tess Gray

Tess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond reputeTess Gray has a reputation beyond repute

Really? In what venue is it going to be held next year?

Have a great time there. First Monte Carlo, now Madrid.. You're living life to Tha Max huh
Tess Gray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess Gray View Post
Really? In what venue is it going to be held next year?

Have a great time there. First Monte Carlo, now Madrid.. You're living life to Tha Max huh
Of course The older I get, the more I realise that life is for living - so I try not to waste any tiny moment, - because we never know what's round the corner, so my motto is try and pack in as much as you can while you're still fit and healthy enough to do it

And as for Madrid - because of the ATP calendar changes for 2009, the tournament is going to be switched to a outdoor venue in May, and made into a combined ATP/WTA event - this link tells you all about it. http://www.tennis-masters-madrid.com...tinfo_2009.htm

Old 10-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Nole in Madrid. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again this week.

Have fun at the matches, Rosie.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #7
country flag kalisita

kalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond reputekalisita has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in Madrid Nole! Made it to the SFs last year, hopefully go 2 better this year!
Still another week to go, though. I kept thinking last week that it was starting this Monday even though I knew that wasn't the case. I wish it was.

It will be weird that this is the last year that the tournament will be this exact tournament. It's odd to think that next year Masters Madrid will still be there except it's an entirely different surface, venue, and time of year. And also no more Hamburg and hello Shanghai. All kinds of changes next year. Let's hope they all work at for the best.
kalisita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #8
country flag neenah

neenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond reputeneenah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
I promise I will have a drink (or two ) for you while I'm there

I am rather sad about this Madrid trip in a way, because it will be the last Masters' held indoors at the present venue, and I've been going there every October for about the last 5-6 years now I always stay in the same place and meet up with the same group of friends - so it's like the end of an era somehow I'm sure I shall when I leave this time, knowing I'll never be back there in the same place and time of year and tournament again
Okay, do say hello to my favorite country ever. *reminisces*

Aww, that is sad. That sounds like a nice little tradition you had going. Enjoy your last time! I'm the same way, I get attached to little traditions too
neenah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #9
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really didn't want to start this thread as he never wins a tourney when I start the thread But no one else seems to have started one yet, and as I'll be in Madrid to cheer our man on, I thought I'd be brave and start one!

So good luck Nole - please give me good reason to cheer and enjoy my week in Madrid
You started the tread aaannnd you will be at the tournament. that reminds me of something. Oh well, there goes Nole, out in the second round........
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
You started the tread aaannnd you will be at the tournament. that reminds me of something. Oh well, there goes Nole, out in the second round........
That's why I didn't want to do it We'd better just hope he doesn't have Marat anywhere near him in the draw And you can start the Paris one Maja

Thanks for all your good wishes for my trip girls

Old 10-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why I didn't want to do it We'd better just hope he doesn't have Marat anywhere near him in the draw And you can start the Paris one Maja

Thanks for all your good wishes for my trip girls
I am not starting any tournament treads. You think that you are a jinx? I am a super jinx
Old 10-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
country flag Herdwick

Herdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond reputeHerdwick has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm not starting any more - he both lost and set most of NYC against him when I shoved my five eggs in.

Greetings anyway...
Herdwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

You girls are just cowards And I vote Maja to start the Paris thread, and Herdwick to start Shanghai This is my last one for this year for sure!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

When is the draw coming out? They don't even have the complete list of players?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
When is the draw coming out? They don't even have the complete list of players?
I think it usually comes out on Saturday evening.

Their Wild Cards are always anounced somewhere around the middle of this week, - one of them is normally voted for by local people, and they are generally always Spaniards, though I think Marat may have a good chance of one this year, as he's a former winner of the tournament, and very popular worldwide. Best keep him away from Nole this time