India v Australia - Test Cricket Series - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
bad gambler

Cool India v Australia - Test Cricket Series

The World Champions will be no more once India are done with them over the next month. This is one of the worst Australian test teams in recent memory and they are outmatched in Indian conditions in every aspect. Matty Hayden hasn't played in over 6 months returning from injury, Ricky Ponting's struggles against the turning ball in India are well documented and he too is returning from injury, Australia's most versatile player Symonds isn't even touring and Australia are playing a spinner who should be playing club cricket not test cricket. This team are on the decline and India will expose them.

The only thing stopping India winning comfortably will be the Indian selectors, they have shown already they are not prepared to select the best XI however in the end I think it will not matter.

India to win Test Series - $2.25

I'll eat my words if Australia can retain the Border-Gavaskar trophy but it's going to take a monumental effort just to draw the series.

good luck
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
bad gambler

Default Re: India v Australia - Test Cricket Series

Just some prop bets for this series:

Katich to be leading Australian run scorer - $8.00

Great value for a player who has proven he can score heavily in the sub continent in the past having had great success at the start of this career in Australian youth squads and Australian A teams that have toured India. The selectors have shown their hand in the leadup game that he will be opening the batting with Hayden therefore meaning Jaques will be left out. Most importantly he is a quality player of spin bowling.

Clark to be leading Australian wicket taker - $3.50

With no recognised spinner, there will more emphasis on Lee and Clark to shoulder this bowling attack which they have shown he can they do after the retirement of McGrath last year. Whilst Lee and Steyn have clearly been the best fast bowlers in the world cricket over the past year, I think the sub continent conditions will reward fast bowlers who can hit a good length consistently and frustrate the Indian batsmen as the Australian pace attack did in 2004 the last time they toured in India for a test series. Clark is a McGrath clone in that respect and he too has had past success in Australian A teams that have toured India in the past, he was the leading wicket taker in the 2000 tour.

Last edited by bad gambler : 10-03-2008 at 09:36 PM.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

gonna be having the odd wager here...

i still hurt about the 'VVS follow-on' in 2001...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:47 AM   #4
country flag Bolelli Ultra

Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra Bolelli Ultra

I hate the Aussie cricket team, always have always will. Dont support anyone in world cricket, just support whoever is playing Australia, yes even England.

So looking foward to this series, looking foward to having a few bets on India and watching Australia and that arrogant prick Ponting crumble to their woe.
Bolelli Ultra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 AM   #5
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Are these clown selectors going to pick Sehwag? They fucked the selection up when they were in Australia.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Australia thinking of playing Cameron White tells you exactly how bad the Australian team is. Leaving Noffke in Australia and taking Bollinger. WTF?

India shit this in. Australia will be lucky if they can last to day 5 in each of the tests. India whitewashes the Australian's here depending on the weather.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #7

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

First Test

India to win @ $2.90 - WTF?
Australian high bat first innings - Katich @ $5.50

Head to Head for first innings.

Sehwag more runs than Hayden @ $1.80
Tendulkar more runs than Ponting @ $1.75
Dravid more runs than Hussey @ $1.85

What's the weather going to be like in India over the next few days? I'm almost tempted to put $2000 on India at that price.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #8

India to win the test series @ $2
India 4 - 0 @ $41
India 3 - 0 @ $14
India 2 - 0 @ $8

One of these will come up. India will win at least 2 of the 4 tests. But which ones. I favour 4 - 0 or 3 - 0 $$$$$$

Sehwag more runs than Tendulkar, Dravid and Gambhir @ $3.35

Which one of India's spinners have been playing better of late?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #9
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

The only way Australia can get something out of this series is by getting a 0-0 because no way do they have enough firepower to bowl the Indians out cheaply twice.

If India don't win this series, they have choked......awful Aussie team.

England will do India a couple of months later though.

Last edited by Jaap : 10-08-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #10
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Bangalore is meant to be the bouncy pitch by Indian standards, but will turn late, the other ones are lower and slower.

Cameron White bowls nude spinners, he will get slapped into Sri Lanka.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #11
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
The only way Australia can get something out of this series is by getting a 0-0 because no way do they have enough firepower to bowl the Indians out cheaply twice.

If India don't win this series, they have choked......awful Aussie team.

England will do India a couple of months later though.
Never underestimate the baggy green cap,this team has some special talents!Batting line up is pretty good but not the best atm,while the bowling there is Brett Lee one of a kind or generation/Johnson with a brilliant future/Stuart Clark is coming of age and very solid!Bollinger aint no slouch for a beginnner while Michael Clark will get a fair share of overs no doubt!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #12

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a great series,suprised Bolar has got a draw in one of those matches!!

Some props!

Aus highest bat - Hussey/Punter!
Aust most wickets - Lee/Johnson!
India high bat- Sachin!
India most wickets - Kumble!

Correct score India 2-1!!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #13

Looking for value hopefully!

60 units on Matthew Hayden Under 46.5 runs @ 1.85 - Coming back from injury soo hopefully some rust will show!!

Good luck!!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #14

In play at Lunch - Ponting most runs for Australia @ $3

Sehwag's first innings runs - Over 48.5 @ $2 - Has a good record against Australia and will score a ton.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #15

Kumble is showing shithouse captaincy at the moment. He's letting Australia get on a roll to a big first innings score. Needs to mix up the bowling attack a bit. Mind you, if a wicket falls here, Australia's middle order will collapse.