He's here!!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute
Default He's here!!!!

He’s here!!!!!!!!

Nicolas Philippe arrived on July 30, 2008 at sharp noon. He joins older brother Samuel Lukas and his deliriously happy (and horribly sleep-deprived) parents.

Nicolas made his grand appearance without much fuss. Mom (moi, not really R. Federer… hah! ) began contractions at 6am local time, was in the hospital at 7am, was told she is at Station Minus 2. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of being in labor, that means baby is head down and on the way out. I had forgotten how bad contractions could be. Let’s just say it’s like you have such bad stomach cramps that you cannot stand, your legs buckle, you are out of breath, and you cannot sit either. You just wanna cry! Sheer misery.

After 8 months of boldly swearing that she was up to the challenge for a natural delivery, I begged for narcotics. I was just too chicken …. Not up for a challenge. The cruel nurse took about 5 hours to get the thing going. Okay, okay, it was 20 minutes but I swear, it felt like 5 hours!!! First, they got the wrong spot on the back. The second time, they got the right spot but my reflex was to push away and the needle slipped. I began to wonder if there was a hidden message that I should just not have the drugs. But I persisted

Uhm, epidural felt so good. After just an hour of pushing, little Nicolas arrived. All 3.3 kilos and 20 inches of him. Through my stupor, I looked to verify 10 fingers. Check. 10 toes. Check. All boy parts. CHECK! Looking very good

Then, the name tug of war began.

Husband: We’ll call him Roger, no?

Me: WHAT? That loser? Okay, if he won Wimbledon 6 times in a row, our son would be called Roger. But to name him after a loser that won only 5 times in a row ….. ? Nah. I like "Rafael" (Yeah sure, ) Nah seriously, how about Nicolas? He got the beautiful Ms. Bruni. Sounds like a winner. Yeah! Allez Nicolas!

And that (in a slight deviation from the truth) is how Nicolas came to be. Philippe is in honour of his French born paternal grand father (just like Lukas was in honor of his maternal grand father).

As for me: I am done. Two kids and huge gross lumps of fat later, I am definitely done. I used to be 50 kilos. I ballooned to 68 kilos!!!! have never felt worse (or lumpier or more out of shape) in my life. UGH! I am fed up of wearing those loose fitting maternity clothes with bows and ribbons. I am now on the treadmill frequently. Spandex. Here I come!

Despite a dishevelled appearance, a LUMPY body, extreme sleep-deprivation, stacks of laundry to do every day, we are deliriously happy with our precious boys.
I recommend parenthood to everyone!
Love,
Jamie

ps. And now I have to go find the Wimbly final thread and suffer a bit ..... *sigh*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nico2.jpg (82.9 KB, 52 views)
R.Federer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
country flag theMEESH

theMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond reputetheMEESH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: He's here!!!!

Congrats!
Old 09-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

good work congrats
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
He’s here!!!!!!!!

Nicolas Philippe arrived on July 30, 2008 at sharp noon. He joins older brother Samuel Lukas and his deliriously happy (and horribly sleep-deprived) parents.

Congratulations to you and your family, Jamie All the best for a long common way of life

Quote:
Then, the name tug of war began.

Husband: We’ll call him Roger, no?

Me: WHAT? That loser? Okay, if he won Wimbledon 6 times in a row, our son would be called Roger. But to name him after a loser that won only 5 times in a row ….. ? Nah. I like "Rafael" (Yeah sure, ) Nah seriously, how about Nicolas? He got the beautiful Ms. Bruni. Sounds like a winner. Yeah! Allez Nicolas!

Nice story. Seems your husband is teasing you a bit with Roger

Nicolas is a really cute baby

Quote:
ps. And now I have to go find the Wimbly final thread and suffer a bit ..... *sigh*
Go to the US Open final thread instead - it's much better for the health
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Jaime!
Was wondering when we'd see you around here!!! And you have 2 boys as well. Good luck
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: He's here!!!!

Congrats!

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Really cute baby
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

It seems you're a big fan of composite names.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #9
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute

Have a Cigar..Pink Floyd

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations - your son is beautiful Best wishes to you and your whole family.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
country flag moonlightdance

moonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond repute

i must tell you that is one really adorable baby, seriously cute. this coming from someone who doesn't believe in the whole "all babies are cute" thing.
moonlightdance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #12
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, very cute baby

And well done for not calling him Roger, could've been a catastrophic error
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #13
country flag Naranoc

Naranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond reputeNaranoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdance View Post
i must tell you that is one really adorable baby, seriously cute. this coming from someone who doesn't believe in the whole "all babies are cute" thing.
But of course you can't say that to the mums . "Your baby's a bit ugly...but congratulations anyway"
Naranoc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:22 AM   #14
country flag moonlightdance

moonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond reputemoonlightdance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naranoc View Post
But of course you can't say that to the mums . "Your baby's a bit ugly...but congratulations anyway"
i usually say something neutral like "congrats" or "i can't believe you had a baby." at least, that's what i said to my friend...
moonlightdance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:28 AM   #15
country flag juninhOH

juninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond reputejuninhOH has a reputation beyond repute

really cute baby, congratulations

I don't like composite names, but I like the reasoning for the names of your children.
juninhOH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote