Indoor season 2008 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #46
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor season 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I knew it: Gilles tomorrow on the small court against Schwank. At the same time Ljubicic/Melzer on center. Poor Gilles, he will be able to count the people watching his match. I will be one of them.
be sure that he will count u to....................., btw give the little chicken strong suport from as all
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #47
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Simon-Schwank was never going to be on Center Court. A 2nd round against Moya maybe. It doesn't make a difference for us anyway, there doesn't seem to be any livestream.

But you should go and watch Jürgen too, it might be more your taste than Gillou! I hope the matches on Center Court will be veeeeeeery long so Gilles plays during Koubek-Robredo, I wouldn't feel bad about you having to miss Koubek for Poussin then.

Thanks a lot and have fun (it makes me a bit nervous you're going tomorrow , please show some good tennis, Gilles, don't embarrass us)!
Jürgen is my favourite Austrian, but his opponent . Nope, I am going to watch Gilles. I'll do my best in encouraging him, but the athmosphere on court B is really dreary. Waht do you want me to shout "Allez, Possin?"

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #48
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Jürgen is going to win anyway, so you'll see him in the 2nd round , but I'm afraid Gilles and Schwank battling from the baseline will be really dull for your liking, even I was a bit bored by watching him against Chucho...

He doesn't seem to like the "Poussin" nickname much, so I would avoid it if I were you - unless you want to experience the daggering glance.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #49
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Waht do you want me to shout "Allez, Possin?"

believe me, u will be the only one to say that in court B........... "ALLEZ POUSSIN"
and Fran got the point.....Gillu will be "very happy" with that POUSSIN thing. i could imagine his face he will be very........ /satisfied/

Old 10-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #50
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
believe me, u will be the only one to say that in court B........... "ALLEZ POUSSIN"
and Fran got the point.....Gillu will be "very happy" with that POUSSIN thing. i could imagine his face he will be very........ /satisfied/
So, I am going to shout "Allez, Gilles", then?

Quote:
He doesn't seem to like the "Poussin" nickname much, so I would avoid it if I were you - unless you want to experience the daggering glance.
no, I am not out for daggering glances, quite the contratry. I want to convince every French player that Vienna is a great tourney, where they are warmly welcome. From next year onwards Vienna wil be in the same week as Lyon, which is hard to fight against.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #51
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know it will be the same week as Lyon next year!

When Gilles was asked about the "Poussin" nickname on radio a few months ago, he said people don't call him like that anymore, he really insisted a lot on it (I was feeling a bit embarrassed because I knew he was asking the question because of me, I had talked with the journalist on the very same day ^^).
But the "Poussin" story has been regularly mentioned in articles lately, so maybe it is enjoying a "revival", I don't know. I was surprised to see it in his ATP profile. Maybe it would make him smile.

My own experience is that he smiles a lot off court, but NOT during his matches and that he can look daggers at one just for a shy little "Allez!" during a match.

Last edited by Truc : 10-07-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #52
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
My own experience is that he smiles a lot off court, but NOT during his matches and that he can look daggers at one just for a shy little "Allez!" during a match.
Finding out about this is my mission today.

I would not shout allez between first and second serve, but I can't imagine that he would disapprove of some encouragement when he bp down.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #53
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't know it will be the same week as Lyon next year!

When Gilles was asked about the "Poussin" nickname on radio a few months ago, he said people don't call him like that anymore, he really insisted a lot on it (I was feeling a bit embarrassed because the question was from me, I had talked with the journalist on the very same day ^^).
But the "Poussin" story has been regularly mentioned in articles lately, so maybe it is enjoying a "revival", I don't know. I was surprised to see it in his ATP profile. Maybe it would make him smile.

Maybe his distancing himself from this nickname is evidence for what he achieved this year: No longer an unexperienced player but an on-stage ATP star..

He doesn't want people to think he's still a baby. It's all unconscious
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #54
country flag rtgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlesurfeur View Post
No longer an unexperienced player but an on-stage ATP star..
Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #55
country flag Truc

He said on radio it's just not appropriate anymore, R. Gilbert used to call him Poussin because he was shorter and smaller than the others, but now he's 1,82 m and no "baby chick" anymore.

I would find it awkward to be called "Poussin" by strangers if I were him, it sounds pretty "affectionate" in French. I use it here all the time as a joke, but I wouldn't use it in front of him - would you shout "Allez Poussin!", Teddy?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #56
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He said on radio it's just not appropriate anymore, R. Gilbert used to call him Poussin because he was shorter and smaller than the others, but now he's 1,82 m and no "baby chick" anymore.

I would find it awkward to be called "Poussin" by strangers if I were him, it sounds pretty "affectionate" in French. I use it here all the time as a joke, but I wouldn't use it in front of him - would you shout "Allez Poussin!", Teddy?

I sure wouldn't

I don't like to get all familiar with players. Plus, as I might see him around in the future, I'm already conditioned to be highly respectful of his life. No intruding. No familiarity.
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #57
country flag Truc

Oh, I see, you can't afford to ruin your reputation then.
I don't have this kind of concerns , I can fangirl as much as I feel like it. But I wouldn't say it either.
Coming from foreigners, it might sound funny, though.

Poor Margareta, their match looks so freaking SLOW on the scoreboard, I'm not sure she will have sat through this.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #58
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Poor Margareta, their match looks so freaking SLOW on the scoreboard, I'm not sure she will have sat through this.
I did. And I definitely was the only one cheering for him in a respectful way, before his service games started "allez, Gilles", not more not less. Not that many people cheered for Eduardo, either, it is just this wait and see attitude on court B in Vienna, hard to get motivated for a player.

It was a baseline battle, as such it was not bad at all. Court B is low in athmosphere, but that is compensated by being very close to the players.

You probably know it, I didn't, but he talks to himself a lot, in particular when things go badly. More than once he said something like " c'est moule" or " je n'ai pas de moule". Does it make sense to someone?

The match itself was as close as hell, decided on two or three points. Both relied a lot on defence, Gille slightly more than Eduardo. And even if Gilles fought to the end, I felt he was tired, but he certainly did NOT tank. As he lost, I refrained from waiting for him at the exit. He left the court quickly and definitely was not too happy.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Last edited by Puschkin : 10-07-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #59
country flag rtgy

tanx........great report!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #60
country flag Truc

Thank you so much! I'm impressed by your patience.

"C'est moule" looks like "C'est mou, là" to me (which would fit with your impression that he was tired). But I don't know what the other sentence could be then.

I also think he is getting a bit burnt-out. Mentally or physically or both - that would be very normal, the summer has been such a big mental effort from him. He probably should have taken more time off after Bucharest.

Thanks a lot for sitting through all this long match since you're not a Simontarde - without you he wouldn't have had anybody cheering for him, so we're very grateful! Was Tulasne there at least?