Indoor season 2008 - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #436
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor season 2008

oh oh, well tough groupe

good luck to gilles!

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #437
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
that's the worst draw I can think of! -_-

i like it!!!
i'm not frightened from that group at all!
he doesn't need to prove himself any more, yes he achieved his goals for this season and i think Shanghai will give him chance to meet more experienced players from top 10 and that will gain him more confidence and even self determination for the next season. if he wants to become a top player, not just visitor of top 10 he will need that experience having played againts the best guys from the business! and meet them all in just one week in China is great. /then he will have time enough for Mauritios/

nobody expect from him to win TMC...... there's time for that, but not now!
he have what to take from Shanghai and nothing to loose...........ALLEZ GILLOU
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #438
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's the worst draw I can think of! -_-

I concur

Davydenko, Djokovic and Del Potro would have been more handable.
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #439
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it's definitely the worst possible draw for him.
He couldn't even return Andy's serve in Bercy, so it'll be fun on the fast surface of Shanghai. And the two others are the favourites to win the whole event.

According to the official OOP, he starts on Monday against Fed:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/605/op.pdf

Last edited by Truc : 11-05-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #440
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

@Rtgy
It's not a matter of being frightened, of course it will a good experience for him no matter what.
Still, there's nothing wrong in thinking his chances are better off against somme players than others.
turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #441
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

"Frightened" is too strong, but he does seem impressed, his press conference yesterday really sounded a little bit like "Little Chicken goes to the Masters Cup" - very understandably, and I'm glad he's like that, especially after all this BS about him being bigheaded - but I'm afraid this draw won't help him feeling much better. Especially against Fed who must be bent on revenge and Roddick who intimidates him for some reason.

On the other hand, nobody is expecting anything from him, even the French media (which were overhyping him big time lately) are clearly saying that it's a terrible draw for him and Jo has a great chance, on the contrary. No pressure for Gilles.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #442
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Still, there's nothing wrong in thinking his chances are better off against somme players than others.

of cource.....who said that i'm not agreed about his better chances with some other players
just as usual i'm more than positive about him even in the group like this......

don't worry Gillou will performe better there you 'll see......
Old 11-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #443
country flag anaquot

anaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond reputeanaquot has a reputation beyond repute

Does Roddick intimidate him or unsettle him. From the bit I read on here I understood it to mean that he couldn't concentrate on his side of the court with Andy's twitchiness. I guess his moving that fast is part of how he tries to intimidate, but hopefully this week will give Gilles plenty of time to get used to it so he can go about his own business and beat him from now on Maybe he can get Nole to impersonate Andy for practice
I only hope Roger is bent on revenge, and that Gilles beats him again...for the extra sting!
Even if he loses every match, the experience itself is worth it, and if I'm going to think extra dark, better to have the worst possible draw and lose rather than the best possible draw and lose...but that way of thinking is totally not me! He'll make us all proud and I for one am drooling over the anticipation of those down the line and cross court winners of his
anaquot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #444
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible draw. Definitely very top heavy. If Nole doesn't make the SF.

But I have faith Gilles can still do well.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #445
country flag rtgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
"Frightened" is too strong, but he does seem impressed, his press conference yesterday really sounded a little bit like "Little Chicken goes to the Masters Cup"
i love that!!!

Quote:
"On the other hand, nobody is expecting anything from him, even the French media (which were overhyping him big time lately) are clearly saying that it's a terrible draw for him and Jo has a great chance, on the contrary. No pressure for Gilles."

yes that's what i mean...........we /and him too/ needs to calm down now! this draw is not the end of the world
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #446
country flag rtgy

Hey anaquot
welcome to Gillou's sanctuary
Old 11-05-2008, 04:31 PM   #447
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I just want Gilles to go there and feel he belongs in that company Its an experience to be enjoyed,he's the least fancied player in the draw,he can surprise

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #448
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Tough, tough draw.

But I believe in Gilles. ALLEZ!

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #449
country flag rtgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
I just want Gilles to go there and feel he belongs in that company Its an experience to be enjoyed,he's the least fancied player in the draw,he can surprise

yeah well said........
Old 11-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #450
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgy View Post
of cource.....who said that i'm not agreed about his better chances with some other players
oops sorry. I misunderstood why you quoted my comment in the first place. my bad!
turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote