Indoor season 2008 - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #421
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor season 2008

Amélie and Mary made up for it with their all-French final in 2005!

As for me, there are 3 guys I want him to avoid: Fed, Roddick and Jo.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #422
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
Amélie and Mary made up for it with their all-French final in 2005!

That was THE edition of the WTA tour championships
Usually, you have a lot of poor matches in the WTA Masters, but in 2005, oh my.. I remember the Mauresmo-Clijsters, the Pierce-Davenport, the Mauresmo-Sharapova, the Pierce-Clijsters, and the final match... oh my oh my
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #423
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I want him to face Federer again. I think his game matches up well with him, and I certainly don't think his victory over him in Canada was a fluke.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #424
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

There are interviews on the FFT website:
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=4275

I don't have much time and it's quite long! The audio interviews are very nice. I like when he laughs and says "I'm not a Master, but I'm going to play with the Masters!" It's an honor. But it was so close in the end, he thinks he also somehow deserves to be there. Of course it will be very tough as he obviously is one of the weakest players. The first thing will be to prove to himself that it is doable.

He took 4 days off after Bercy, did absolutely nothing and it did him good, he feels ready now.
It's an unique chance for him to play against all these top players. Normally it just happens once in a while, and he often is frustrated afterwards, would like to play them again very soon, but he has to wait another 8 months. So he thinks it will be great to play all these big matches in a row and it will also help a lot for next year. In order to demystify these players. The more he plays against them, the better it is.

They hardly ever see each other with Jo outside of tournaments, but they still have a special relationship because of the time they spent together at the CNE. They were only 3 guys sleeping at the CNE: Gilles, Jo and Gaël, so they're very close. They remember now how they used to dream together about their future and it's very special to go to Shanghai together.

He's not surprised at all by Jo's breakthrough, he used to call him "the invincible" because every time Jo was coming back from an injury break, he used to win 3 Challengers in a row - until he got injured again. So Gilles knew that as soon as he would be completely fit, he would be really, really good.

And Tulasne says that even if they're of course very excited to go to Shanghai, it was quite bitter to make it thanks to a withdrawal of Rafa since they like Rafa so much.
Toni Nadal sent a SMS to congratulate Gilles.

Last edited by Truc : 11-04-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #425
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fran.

It's Electon Day! I'm such a geek, my favorite day of the year.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #426
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Truc for the links :]
I really like what he says about playing top players, and the way he said it with those little laughters.

@Scotso : I just saw Tracy in Doha (she's doing the after-match interview on court), her perm is so 80's disco!
turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #427
country flag Truc

Yeah, the laughters and the smile in his voice are great to hear, as usual, for those who speak French.

Another interview here:
http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/articl...s-bonus-.shtml
He was at the movies again when he got the news from the ATP about the withdrawal, the guy is a movie freak.
The rest is pretty much the same, but at the end he's asked about the recent criticism about him (Benneteau saying he's not better than the others, etc.) He answers he doesn't mind because he used to be like that too. When he started to beat top players, he had a good win/loss ratio against them and was thinking "These guys are not better than me!" But at the end of the year, they were still ranked #10 and he was #50. He now knows what makes the difference: the condition, the mental strength, the ability to keep up the motivation week after week, the ability to win matches even playing poorly and the prevention of injuries. So that's what he has worked on.
The goals for next year: to stay in the top 10, to have a great run in one of the Grand Slams and to win a bigger tournament.

Last edited by Truc : 11-04-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #428
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/articl...s-bonus-.shtml
Cette année, j’ai rempli tous mes objectifs
? This year I achieved all my ambitions ?

How great it would be to be able to say that Must give him a lot of confidence!
Not as confident in my translation though!
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #429
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

pretty close, literally : "I achieved all my goals"
Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #430
country flag Truc

Quote:
I realized after having posted that that it had to be either Jo or Roddick, anyway.

His group: Djokovic - Murray - Tsonga - Simon From the ATP website, but it seems it's wrong. ^^

Last edited by Truc : 11-05-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #431
country flag Truc

This one should be the right one:
Federer - Murray - Roddick - Simon
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 AM   #432
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Until the next change on the ATP-site? I looked up the draw three times and it was always different.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #433
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Until the next change on the ATP-site? I looked up the draw three times and it was always different.

that's the link /the right one/ :
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/605/mds.pdf
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #434
country flag Truc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Yes, the ATP people are surpassing themselves today!
But they haven't changed that one for 5 minutes now, I guess it's correct.

Nothing really new in the article in l'Equipe.
They left yesterday evening with Wino and Tulasne, Ceccaldi (FFT physio), Menahem (Jo's agent - I don't even know if Gilles has an agent, Tutu was complaining in Lyon that managing the whole media stuff isn't his job), Brechbuhl (Jo's condition trainer). Gilles' condition trainer Quétin will join them later.
Gilles jokes about the fact that people are going to compare them with Noah and Leconte. "I guess I'm Leconte then? Why do we always have to be compared with somebody?"
Tulasne seemed so proud of the story with Toni Nadal's SMS.
Then after the press conference Jo went practicing again, but not Gilles. He hasn't done anything since his last match and means 3 days training in Shanghai will be enough.
They both had to cancel their holiday for the Masters - Jo with friends in Dominican Republic and Gilles with Carine in Mauritius.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #435
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
that's the worst draw I can think of! -_-